PDA

View Full Version : Battery Blues!

JasonB
12-28-2001, 10:08 AM
I am having problems with my batteries on my 300 & 400. I store my quads in a shed in the backyard. It isn't insulated or anything and it gets down to the 30's at night.
When I go out to start them every once and a while it will crank over a few times and then it clicks as if it were dead.

I bought a Battery Tender Plus trickle charger and hooked it up to them. I went out last night and fired it up and it fired once or twice as if the battery was fully charged then started clicking again. The battery was dead. The charger showed a full charge when I started and switched to charging mode when I was done.

What is the problem? Do you think I have loose connections, maybe need some dielectric grease, is my battery toast?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

12-28-2001, 10:22 AM
How old is your battery? Much over a year and a half in service and I would suspect it to be pretty weak. Over time, a battery loses its ability to get and hold a charge.

JasonB
12-28-2001, 11:09 AM
I bought my quads in April of 2000. Maybe I will pick up a couple new batteries today.

Thanks.

carlj75
02-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Hey dummy, maybe you should try riding your quads more than twice a year!!!!

oynot400
02-12-2003, 10:38 AM
Check your connections at the solenoid, battery posts, and the ground to the frame. I got mine in april of 2000 also. I had to replace it this fall. It did not have enough to turn over the 13:1 compression. :D
Check out the FAQ section. There is a part number for a battery that is the same size but more cca than stock. It was not that much more money either. ;)