PDA

View Full Version : Filter--can't decide!

F-16Guy
05-06-2003, 11:33 AM
I have the K&N in my bike right now, and I'm really happy with it. The problem is, my brother got me a Pro Flo kit with a Uni filter for being Best Man in his wedding. I hate to sell it just for that fact. What's everyone's opinion on the Pro Flo set up? What is the little aluminum adapter for, do I get rid of the airbox or something? Help is much appreciated.

Chanman420q
05-06-2003, 11:55 AM
Question is... Do u want more performance or more pertection?

05-06-2003, 12:01 PM
adapter is to hold it on very tightly because u remove the whole airbox...so u r more likely to get stuff up in there...but with the k&n u get protection...just like he said...but the pro flo will give you a lot better flow increasing your performance....if u run in the mud a lot i wouldnt run the pro flow but if u run in dirt i would prolly put it on

honda400exrider
05-06-2003, 12:09 PM
Yeah the proflow would also work well in sand, but I thought I remember reading that it was interchangeable? Not positive but thats what I thought it said.

mopar 400
05-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Well last time I spoke with Allen he was real proud of that Pro Flow kit! Better run it!!!! If you don't Vicki will have your ***....!!!!!!!!!:devil

F-16Guy
05-06-2003, 02:23 PM
Oh sh*t, busted!!! Guess I'll have to run it now!!! Don't go tellin' anyone (Vickie) that I was thinkin' about sellin it!! I think I'll keep the K&N/airbox for the mud, and run the Pro Flo in Moapa and Dumont. I already put the Raptor in check, I can't figure out why he would want to make my bike faster...