PDA

View Full Version : broken gears???

ReconRider25
05-06-2003, 09:01 AM
has anyone heard of broken gears on an auto clutch quad?......my recon is only 10 months old, and maintainence is done regularly but the gears have broken.....i couldnt access 5th gear so we took it to the dealer and they said the gears were broken......total price was about 1300 to fix it but honda is gonna pay part of it.......does anyone know why the gears could be breaking?.....its well taken care of. :confused:

05-06-2003, 09:35 AM
b/c its a recon & its the ****tiest atv honda makes

brokeitin3
05-07-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
b/c its a recon & its the ****tiest atv honda makes if its the ****iest atv they make. then why do they sell 3 recons to one 400ex. as for the gears breaking, are you shifting hard and banging the gears between shifts?

UglyMotha™
05-07-2003, 06:37 AM

:huh where's the brain you were born with son, honda has no ****ty quads

besides i know quite a few guys with recons and there pretty bullet proof from what i've seen them do

as for the broken gears was there some abuse involved sounds like sombody may have done one to many nuetral drops, but then again there are the occasional lemons but wow 1300, geeze

cheetah
05-07-2003, 09:23 AM

I've had a recon since '97 and I treated it like crap. We still have it and it has yet to see an oil change or an air filter cleaining.:eek2: Yet it still runs like new. Find facts to back up your statements.

ReconRider25
05-07-2003, 01:39 PM
no i havent been banging gears or anything when shifting....i only halfshift when i start on a drag race...but thats a rare occasion.....and why wouldnt that affect all the gears?..i mean there were a couple broken but why did only 5th go?.....i do ride mostly in 5th gear and really aggressive......