PDA

View Full Version : Big Gun Rev kit

fiffer
05-06-2003, 07:22 AM
Is the big gun rev kit any good. i can get it for 90 bucks and it says they rev around 500 rpms more than other after market rev boxes. tell me hwat u think

05-06-2003, 07:35 AM
Keep the stocker...it's a proven fact CDI boxes add NO powergains what so ever...they do put more stress on your motor since your gonna be able to rev it to the moon. :ermm: Spend the money on something else...

Doibugu2
05-06-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Keep the stocker...it's a proven fact CDI boxes add NO powergains what so ever...they do put more stress on your motor since your gonna be able to rev it to the moon. :ermm: Spend the money on something else...

Do you have this saved somewhere? You type the exact same thing each time these guys asks this.

But ya, Rico is right.

ill_lil_romey
05-06-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Rico
You shouldn't need a CDI box if your shifting right anyway.

Mr_Bub400ex
05-06-2003, 11:03 AM
i believe the engine builders only recomend them on a built motor when u are hitting the limiter all the time.

F-16Guy
05-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ill_lil_romey
You shouldn't need a CDI box if your shifting right anyway.

I agree. If you hit the rev limiter that much, you need an R. All the meat is in the midrange, you just have to learn to use it.