PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara

tryken
05-06-2003, 06:52 AM
I am going to Little Sahara OK May 14-18. Just wondering if anyone else from this site is going to be there.

Last time I was there was Sandfest weekend and my 400 was completely stock then. I can't wait to see how it does with my mods.

ledofthezep
05-06-2003, 07:25 AM
If all goes well I should be there next Friday, the 16-18th. I'll be w/a bunch of nice sandrails. I drive a brand new red single cab dakota w/a ledzep liscense plate cover.... zephead may be there with me but doens't know if he's going to be able to make it. I ride a banshee, blk & red w/pro-circuit pipes...probably the only banshee in the group of rails I'll be with,...probably the only quad w/them...hit me up,.... I'm aka Brandon...

zephead400ex
05-06-2003, 09:22 AM
GOD D*MNIT!!!!! I probably wont be there, got to coach b-ball practice on Saturday.:ermm: I will be down there shortly...:D

tryken
05-06-2003, 11:03 AM
I will in a grey Ford F-250 diesel four dour and a camper/four-wheeler hauler. The kind where the back comes down like an inclosed trailor. Maybe we will run into each other.

tryken
05-11-2003, 04:27 AM
bump

zephead400ex
05-11-2003, 08:24 AM
HEY!!! I will probably be there after all!!! See ya there man!!

ledofthezep
05-13-2003, 07:01 AM
I'll be down there the 15th-18th!:devil

zephead400ex
05-18-2003, 05:48 AM
Whats up guys? Sand was really nice Friday after it rained all morning! What did you think about the razorback dunes? Friday night around 4am me and ledofthezep went out for a nightride and it was so F'n nice...hardly anyone out with plenty of light...pretty sweet!! ledofthezep's cousin trashed the front end of his buggy...flying up a dune in 3rd gear and misjudged the top of the dune...flew off the other side coming down nose first & bounced a couple times on his front end. Fortunatly he had a lap belt & shoulder harness, w/out the shoulder harness he would have done a faceplant right into the sterring wheel!!

How was everyone elses weekend?

peace

skinrider440
05-18-2003, 10:14 AM
i went yesterday and it was awesome the sand was packed down real nice and there wasn't to many ppl there.

tryken
05-19-2003, 02:45 AM
I had a blast the sand was awsome after the rain Friday. I couldn't believe that there wasn't hardly anyone out riding Sat. There wasn't even anyone dragracing Sat. night.

Did any of you see the slow arse red 440ex with the entire frame painted yellow, including the oil tank. It had to be the slowest 440 I have ever seen. You can look below and see my mods and he only beat me in a drag race by about one and a half bike lengths.

00Banshee
05-19-2003, 09:09 AM
I was there all day Saturday. Spent some time on the dragstrip. I stayed over at the Cowboy camp ground where some friends were camped.

I tried to find ledofthezep, but there was quite a few red and black banshees. I did out run them all though. :blah

tryken
05-19-2003, 09:42 AM
00banshee did you happen to remember drag racing a 88 250r with brand new plastic and a ESR bolt on top end. That was my brother in law. He had about the fastest thing out there that wasn't on alchohol.

zephead400ex
05-19-2003, 10:11 AM
00Banshee...what were you riding? Where were you camped? I was with ledofthezep...our quads: his Banshee and my yellow 400 was parked on the side of the road on the drive on the west side the the camp, didnt see us?

peace

00Banshee
05-19-2003, 10:39 AM
I don't remember racing an R like you described tryken. I may have though, sometimes there were about 10-12 bikes starting at once.

zephead400ex - When I was in the camp grounds I drove around to try and spot you guys. Would have been cool to get to meet someone off the board.

Here is a pic of my banshee

http://forums.bansheehq.com/files/frontview.jpg

zephead400ex
05-19-2003, 11:46 AM
00Banshee...sorry man didnt see ya. It would have been cool to get together with someone from the site...maybe next time. Have your next trip planned yet?

peace

Sandragggen
05-20-2003, 06:15 PM
I was there Thursday night and left Sunday morning. I was riding my HMF piped Baja and my son had a 03 CPI piped Banshee (465 stayed home). Friday night was a mad house at south camp. We were parked directly across the old shower house. It was a blast. My favorite was the bowl racing. Nothing like screaming across the side of a dune WFO. Jumping the razor's were pretty exciting to. I know these are like ant hills compared to Glamis but dam they're fun. A buddy was riding the purple/chrome NOS DS and was beating most of the peeps at the drags. There were 9 in our group that included 3 Banshee's, 2 Raptors, 1 Z400, 1 400EX, 1 Scrammy and 1 Baja. Non broke or wrecked which is good for a couple group members never rode dunes before. Going back during Sandfest.

JMiller

TDBRPH
05-25-2003, 05:34 PM
what happened to the ole' sport Sanddraggen?

Sandragggen
05-26-2003, 04:30 PM
what happened to the ole' sport Sanddraggen?

I sold the Polaris about a month ago. I hated to see it go but it was time for a new home. I replaced it with a Baja...not near as fast, but still a sweet ride in it's own way. A buddy bought the Pol and blew it up 2 hours after I/we rebuilt the top end. He tried to cruise ride the Pol, but it's set up for dragging only.

JMiller

TDBRPH
05-26-2003, 06:19 PM
I bet it was hard to let it go...... and even worse to see it tank ;)...

when are you and your group headed to the dunes again?

When I was down at LS in March there were a lot of good running DS's down there although I never got to see one on the bottle....

Keep the rubber side down

Triston