PDA

View Full Version : 416 gettin built

slosh13
05-06-2003, 01:18 AM
I'm building a new 416 kit here in the next couple weeks and i wanted to share my ideas and product choices with all the fellow EXRIDERS to see what you guys think about my choices. My motor now has had some minor mods to it now:

1. Wiseco 11:1 piston
2. New valves and valve springs
3. new stock cam
4. new oil pump
5. bored .80mm over
6.TC pipe
7. K&N air filter

(I put all the parts above in my motor due to the fact that my stock piston literally blew up inside my motor and it took out all the parts listed. The pipe and air filter are mods ive added to add more "balls" to the quad. The way it stands now, my motor is about a 406.)

When i build my new 416 kit , I plan on adding the following:
1. Hot Cam Stage 2 camshaft
2. JE or Ross 11:1 piston for more durability.
3. new valve springs for reassurance of durability.
4. leaving stock carb, but i've heard about boring it instead of buying a 39mm FCR? Would that be a good idea?
5. new gaskets preferably hardened steel for the head

Am i forgeting anything? Would any fellow EXRIDERS want to contribute any knowledge to helping me build a sic 416? I would appreciate it if any of you would tell me what your 416 kits have and maybe that will help me make my decison a little easier. Or even possibly give me any tips to really make my EX scream. I am on a restricted budget at the moment, but in the summer I will be getting more freedom with my spending. I appreciate all your help.

SPONSORS FOR 03'
JP CYCLE
HETRICK RACING
B-TOWN BOYZ RACING
S.H.I. RACING
MY BAD RACING
MOM & DAD
ALSO HELP FROM: WRP POWERSPORTS, LINE-X, AND SCOTT'S AMSOIL

JD400exrider
05-06-2003, 02:52 AM
Might want to put a new timing chain since its apart. I did one for the insurance thing. Maybe some porting if you can afford it.
As far as the carb. I am looking at doing the bore or the fcr. Have not made up my mind. (My wallet keeps getting in the way)

UglyMotha™
05-06-2003, 04:54 AM
definantly get the head ported and polished while you got it apart and go with the oem metal gaskets and if you goin to keep the stock carb you might as well get it bored cause it's not much and is a great improvement over stock

kaneman23
05-06-2003, 06:34 AM
Why the OEM metal gaskets? Why not the Cometic or the GT?

Castor-426ex
05-06-2003, 06:35 AM
cause cometic is comparable to poopoo

UglyMotha™
05-06-2003, 06:42 AM
i would'nt even wipe my *** with cometic gaskets, i'm running the oem's ya can't beat em

montana400rider
05-06-2003, 07:47 AM
slosh 13, how do you like the 406? do you need new valves and valve springs for that? i want to do some minor mods, but it'd be nice if i can use as many stock parts as possible

Quadfather
05-06-2003, 12:29 PM
Here's what I did. I'm very happy so far.

JE 10.8-1 piston
Hotcams Stage II
Heavy duty valve springs
new valve seals
Heavy duty cam chain
Heavy duty clutch springs

slosh13
05-07-2003, 01:14 AM
Where would I get heavy duty valve springs, cam chain, and clutch springs? Could I possibly get those from service honda or would i go with someone else? And as for "boring" my carb, should I go 38mm or 39 mm? Which should i do and would give me a good amount of power? thanks:D

UglyMotha™
05-07-2003, 01:48 AM
i have been told 38 is the largest you can go, but i guess that is always someone that can take it too the next level, if you can get it done a 39 then go for it

kargaaro
05-07-2003, 05:06 AM
Pro Fab sells Heavy Duty Timing Chains for around $100
you can find them in the links page....

I put barnett HD Clutch springs in mine........$15

I found the cheapest valve springs in Dennis Kirk catalog