PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for "Dunetopia" ......

QuadJunkies
05-05-2003, 07:37 PM
Over the last few months, I have recieved several PM's regarding the group ride to St. Anthonys in July. I figured its time to get a headcount and anyone needing rservations to the Sand hills Resort, or for lodging questions and reservation, this is a good time to get started...:cool: The St. A's Trip is set for July10-14th.. The 10th I will be having a BBQ at my place the night before,so that everyone can have a chance to meet one another before the drive up and can pick up race gas here in Boise if needed(not sure if they have it up there yet or not). Aside fo any exriders, we will have one from Wyoming joining us,one from Colorado and maybe two from Washington.. Local riders there should be approx.10-12 other riders.. Hope to see you in July!!! Tina....:)

rhandw69
05-06-2003, 11:59 AM
So where is everyone camping for this big event? Id like to haul my toyhauler over there.
I take it most are camping at the sand hills resort??

QuadJunkies
05-06-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by rhandw69
So where is everyone camping for this big event? Id like to haul my toyhauler over there.
I take it most are camping at the sand hills resort?? There is a few tht is staying in the Best Western and a few that I think that will be at the Lake to capm. Im not sure if the guy from Wyoming is staying at the resort or not..Have you been to St. A's before?

rhandw69
05-07-2003, 02:37 AM
Nope never have been there. We have been talking about going there now for about 3 years and never seem to make it. This will be the year though. Id like to find a few others from this side of the mountains to make the trip with to help all out on transportation costs. I think id like to be at the closest place to the big dunes, so is that the lakes area?

QuadJunkies
05-07-2003, 03:38 AM
Nope never have been there. We have been talking about going there now for about 3 years and never seem to make it. This will be the year though. Id like to find a few others from this side of the mountains to make the trip with to help all out on transportation costs. I think id like to be at the closest place to the big dunes, so is that the lakes area? yes this is the closest place that Im aware of.. If you go to my imagestation and go under sports and Racreation, you will see a few pics of Egin lake if Im not mistaken,plus other various pics there...Do you know LapTraffic from Exriders? I know he moetioned at one time him and his wife may come up and they are from Wahs I believe.. Also Twisted Threads from exriders is from Wash and he may go ...They may be willing...

QuadJunkies
05-08-2003, 03:04 AM
Ok now.... I know at least 5 others that were suppose to be going, dont tell me you all bailed already:eek: :huh

ThorChick
05-08-2003, 03:24 AM
I'M GOING!!!!! So, if i want to camp on the sand I need to make reservations? Let me know what to do Tina!!

QuadJunkies
05-08-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by ThorChick
I'M GOING!!!!! So, if i want to camp on the sand I need to make reservations? Let me know what to do Tina!! If you camp at the lake,which is what I reccomend no reservations are needed,BUT if you want showers,then you need to make reservations NOW for the Resort, they may already be full too. The Lake should have there new campsite ready by the time of our trip,but dont quote me as we all know how legalities can drag out..:rolleyes: We have a few others that will just pull off side of a road somewhere and park there trailer too if you would rather camp in a group...

ThorChick
05-08-2003, 06:16 AM
What are YOU guys doing Tina? I'm not really going to know anyone else andI thnk it'd be fun to camp where you guys are.

QuadJunkies
05-08-2003, 06:22 AM
What are YOU guys doing Tina? I'm not really going to know anyone else andI thnk it'd be fun to camp where you guys are. Were going to be chillin in a motel room about 20 minutes from the dunes in Rexburg. Are you still going up to see your Dad first? We will hang with all the bunch around the campsite until eveyone crashes..;)

Dune Surfer
05-08-2003, 08:45 AM
I 'm going to be there:D I was thinking about camping but it's to much gear to haul in my little truck. I want to go to your BBQ. How far are you from the dunes? Is there a motel near you for the day of the BBQ? As far as St A's I'm planning on getting a motel room in Rexburg. QJ let me know. Time to get off my duff and make this thing happen.
tony

rhandw69
05-08-2003, 09:24 AM
Im not too familiar with that place, but how many motels are there near the dunes.
THORCHICK:
Are you heading over by yourself or do you have a group going? Im hoping to talk Ronnie into going over with me and some others from our group.

ThorChick
05-08-2003, 10:18 AM
No one has really confirmed whether they want to go or not, so as of right now I'm going over with just me and my little sis. I won't even be at the dunes until saturday morning though cause my dad lives over there and I need to drop my little sis off and spend at least one day with them. I plan on riding all day saturday and sunday though.

QuadJunkies
05-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Im not too familiar with that place, but how many motels are there near the dunes.
THORCHICK:
Are you heading over by yourself or do you have a group going? Im hoping to talk Ronnie into going over with me and some others from our group. Best Western is the best place to stay motel wise,there is one other,but these are clean and have a hot tub!:blah Its close to the dunes too.(about a 20 minute drive)Dune Surfer, you will more than likely be passiong right by my place when going to the dunes if you are going to pass through Idaho ,or are you going through Utah? I am rougly 5 hours from the dunes.It will be nice to finally meet some of you!:)

QuadJunkies
05-08-2003, 04:57 PM
No one has really confirmed whether they want to go or not, so as of right now I'm going over with just me and my little sis. I won't even be at the dunes until saturday morning though cause my dad lives over there and I need to drop my little sis off and spend at least one day with them. I plan on riding all day saturday and sunday though. Arent you bringing Andrew?>:huh .. He cant stay behind and miss all the fun!:cool: :blah

Chef
05-08-2003, 05:14 PM
I hope I can show...I dont know though :( :rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
05-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Chef
I hope I can show...I dont know though :( :rolleyes: Ok Donnie, you got out of it last year, no excuses this year!:o unless your racing thatweek, I better see you up here.:D I want to see how nice you have fixed up my quads for me!!!!:blah :eek2: ;)

Dune Surfer
05-08-2003, 05:54 PM
Boy, I've been checking the map and I don't think I'll make the BBQ. Kuna is five hundred miles round trip out of my way. Straight to rexburg is 972 miles. Going to Kuna and back to rexburg adds 500-600 miles. That would have to be a heck of a BBQ:D I think I'll just go straight to Rexburg. What dates will everyone be arriving at Rexburg? and how long is everyone staying? I'm trying to make hotel reservations this week. Sound off if your going.
Who says I don't like dune riding:) 1944 miles round trip. I must be crazy:huh Crazy or not I'll be there:devil

QuadJunkies
05-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Boy, I've been checking the map and I don't think I'll make the BBQ. Kuna is five hundred miles round trip out of my way. Straight to rexburg is 972 miles. Going to Kuna and back to rexburg adds 500-600 miles. That would have to be a heck of a BBQ:D I think I'll just go straight to Rexburg. What dates will everyone be arriving at Rexburg? and how long is everyone staying? I'm trying to make hotel reservations this week. Sound off if your going.
Who says I don't like dune riding:) 1944 miles round trip. I must be crazy:huh Crazy or not I'll be there:devil HAHA. well I dont blame you one bit for not back trackin to my place that is a long ways to go..:confused2 ..The dates are if Im correct 10-14th we will get up there Fri erly afternoo and I will leave very early that morning to get some time in on Fri then ride then all day Sat ,Sun and Mon. come home Tues. And yes, you are crazy. lmao arent we all??:o

Dune Surfer
05-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Made reservations today:D I'll be at the Days Inn the12,13,14th I'm set. How about you thorchick? Anybody else have reservations?

QuadJunkies
05-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Made reservations today:D I'll be at the Days Inn the12,13,14th I'm set. How about you thorchick? Anybody else have reservations? whoooo hoooo its gonna be a blast!:blah Ill be talking to ya on the phone as the dates gets closer;)

TheChknhwk
05-13-2003, 02:16 AM
I'm gonna try to make it, cept it's 1800 miles one way..... now that's dedication. It will prolly be kinda last minute due to $$, so likely no hotel reservations for me. Can I bum a shower from someone? LOL

QuadJunkies
05-13-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by TheChknhwk
I'm gonna try to make it, cept it's 1800 miles one way..... now that's dedication. It will prolly be kinda last minute due to $$, so likely no hotel reservations for me. Can I bum a shower from someone? LOL That is dedication!:blah It will be worth the drive though,tell that brother of yours to get a summer job and help pay for the trip here;) and Yes, you can borrow a shower Im sure.:o LOL:p

Natertot426ex
05-13-2003, 04:15 AM
Hey Tina I will see If I can afford it but I would like to go. IT all depends on the moneys. Oh.. Bye the way I should get my shocks today:D Just in time for the big weekend.

QuadJunkies
05-13-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Hey Tina I will see If I can afford it but I would like to go. IT all depends on the moneys. Oh.. Bye the way I should get my shocks today:D Just in time for the big weekend. Cool! Send me a pic or two to my addy to see them!:cool: You have a good time up at St. A's over Memorial Nate, and give me an update on the sand and weather and Def. an update for all those who will be wanting to stay at the new campgrounds there at the lake Egin Any info you can find on its opening please post .........be safe and have fun..........;)

Dune Surfer
05-13-2003, 03:34 PM
I'm gonna try to make it, cept it's 1800 miles one way..... now that's dedication. It will prolly be kinda last minute due to $$, so likely no hotel reservations for me. Can I bum a shower from someone? LOL

If you drive that far you can shower at my hotel, no problem;) I'm driving from San Diego. 950 miles each way. Hard core is good.
The drinks are on me:D

QuadJunkies
05-13-2003, 03:37 PM
If you drive that far you can shower at my hotel, no problem;) I'm driving from San Diego. 950 miles each way. Hard core is good.
The drinks are on me:D Im gonna hold you to that!! And let me tell ya. I can drink!:blah :o :p

Dune Surfer
05-13-2003, 03:50 PM
See we already have something in common:D :D :D

QuadJunkies
05-13-2003, 04:18 PM
See we already have something in common:D :D :D HAHA So tell me ,whats your Flave?? Beer or the hard stuff?

Dune Surfer
05-13-2003, 06:04 PM
did you say and? lol:eek:

Dune Surfer
05-13-2003, 06:06 PM
Don't worry guys, I drink but I'm not a lush:devil :devil

QuadJunkies
05-13-2003, 06:07 PM
did you say and? lol:eek: :huh Im lost on that one...:o You can bea lush for one night. I wont tell.......I think Thorchick plans on havin a few after riding too.....:p

Dune Surfer
05-13-2003, 06:15 PM
What I meant was I will have a few drinks but I never get falling down drunk. I'll leave that for the kids;)

TheChknhwk
05-14-2003, 01:44 AM
What I meant was I will have a few drinks but I never get falling down drunk. I'll leave that for the kids;)

I am going to be a finely tuned machine if I get there:devil Canned steak, 12oz curls, liquid diet, cold smoothies, etc, etc... never drink & ride tho - I'm bad enough as it is:D I am still looking for copilot & $$ tho.

Tina, did you say that sand camping doesn't require reservations?

QuadJunkies
05-14-2003, 02:10 AM
I am going to be a finely tuned machine if I get there:devil Canned steak, 12oz curls, liquid diet, cold smoothies, etc, etc... never drink & ride tho - I'm bad enough as it is:D I am still looking for copilot & $$ tho.

Tina, did you say that sand camping doesn't require reservations? No drinkin and riding for me either.Ill save it for after riding.....You can sand camp at vaious spots off the road, but you do need reservations at sandhills resort and Im pretty sure they are all booked up by now but you can alway call and see if they have any open spots heres there linkhttp://www.sand-dunes.com as for Lake Egin ,as far as I know you dont need them there, its a first come first serve basis,but once there new campgrounds open, It will be a whole different thing Im sure. Rumor has it that it will be ready in time for Memorial Wk end.. There is also a campground called Desert Oasis it pretty much just flat ground,graveled(its the scene in Heuvos with Idaho duning at the beginning )I think they might charge also.Im sure you will be able to pitch a tent somewhere if it becomes last minute.;)

QuadJunkies
05-14-2003, 02:12 AM
http://www.sand-dunes.com/ heres the link again....

kgbg
05-21-2003, 05:13 AM
Whats up.....I was up there last weekend. Here is a little info for you all. Egin lakes was supposed to be open for Memeorial Day( left at teh second blinking light). It didn't look like it to me, but you never know. I just don't know too many government jobs that are on schedule...lol
There is oasis right by the lakes but its small, in a dirt field and a couple hundred yard ride through nasty dirty sand to the dunes. We ended up staying right next to Sandhills,( straight through the second blinking light) in the BLM's primitave camping, only outhouses, no fees, camped right on the dunes.
It was nice, the wind was pretty harsh, so alot of razorbacks. Made it fun when heading south, lots of popper jumps, but coming back kinda sucks. Its about a 15 min fast ride to the lakes from sandhills, or about a 25 min cruise. Then another 30-45 min to choke and devil's.
Maybe I will come up too, I will think about it.

QuadJunkies
05-21-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by kgbg
Whats up.....I was up there last weekend. Here is a little info for you all. Egin lakes was supposed to be open for Memeorial Day( left at teh second blinking light). It didn't look like it to me, but you never know. I just don't know too many government jobs that are on schedule...lol
There is oasis right by the lakes but its small, in a dirt field and a couple hundred yard ride through nasty dirty sand to the dunes. We ended up staying right next to Sandhills,( straight through the second blinking light) in the BLM's primitave camping, only outhouses, no fees, camped right on the dunes.
It was nice, the wind was pretty harsh, so alot of razorbacks. Made it fun when heading south, lots of popper jumps, but coming back kinda sucks. Its about a 15 min fast ride to the lakes from sandhills, or about a 25 min cruise. Then another 30-45 min to choke and devil's.
Maybe I will come up too, I will think about it. Thanks for the update!!Tis is wny I like to go in July, the weather is a bit more predictable then and the heat isnt as harsh as it is towards Boise. What kinbd of temps was it when you went up?

Natertot426ex
05-21-2003, 06:47 AM
Hey tina My trip this weekend fell through so maybe I will head up when you guys do.

QuadJunkies
05-21-2003, 06:57 PM
Hey tina My trip this weekend fell through so maybe I will head up when you guys do. Awe.......:( what happened? That sucks! I have always wanted to go up Memorail Wk end to St A's but got a wedding to attend this year. Sounds good let me know...:) Oh, and I if ya wanna still ride June 14th Ill be off that Fri Sat and Sun. Reserved that wk end off for Weiser to camp. I guess on Fathers day wk end up there every year they have sand drags and Rails racing up there so I got all three days off.:)

Natertot426ex
05-22-2003, 02:11 AM
That sounds good to me. I will make sure I come and have my buddy and his girlfriend come if I can pry them out of each others arms long enough to go riding:D Are you guys pretty good at cutting fenders. I want to cut mine as soon as I get my big crack fixed, that is if I can get it fixed. It is in the wrong spot but I will see what I can do.

QuadJunkies
05-22-2003, 02:26 AM
That sounds good to me. I will make sure I come and have my buddy and his girlfriend come if I can pry them out of each others arms long enough to go riding:D Are you guys pretty good at cutting fenders. I want to cut mine as soon as I get my big crack fixed, that is if I can get it fixed. It is in the wrong spot but I will see what I can do. I think I do a good job:D . I just cut Shanes on the Raptor off and I have done all my quads, bring it on over sometime and Ill help ya cut them, Ive got the Drehmel and all...So whats your buddy ride?? Does his GF ride at all? Im gathering she dont. I may have asked yopu this before,does your GF ride at all?

QuadJunkies
05-22-2003, 02:29 AM
Maybe I will come up too, I will think about it. Where you from kgbj????

Natertot426ex
05-22-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I think I do a good job:D . I just cut Shanes on the Raptor off and I have done all my quads, bring it on over sometime and Ill help ya cut them, Ive got the Drehmel and all...So whats your buddy ride?? Does his GF ride at all? Im gathering she dont. I may have asked yopu this before,does your GF ride at all?

Well my friend rides a 400ex withe the IMS 440 kit in it. He just bought his Girlfriend a Blaster. She has never ridden before so it is a good starter Quad. My girlfriend does just a little. Her dad has an old Honda 125 that she rides around there farm in Washington. I would buy her one but I don't have the money and she needs to concentrate on her school stuff. She has another 2 years to go for school to become a nurse. SO I am pushing her to concentrate on that. She like to watch me race though. SHe is nurvous for me but thinks its cool.:D

QuadJunkies
05-22-2003, 02:39 AM
Well my friend rides a 400ex withe the IMS 440 kit in it. He just bought his Girlfriend a Blaster. She has never ridden before so it is a good starter Quad. My girlfriend does just a little. Her dad has an old Honda 125 that she rides around there farm in Washington. I would buy her one but I don't have the money and she needs to concentrate on her school stuff. She has another 2 years to go for school to become a nurse. SO I am pushing her to concentrate on that. She like to watch me race though. SHe is nurvous for me but thinks its cool.:D Thats awesome that she supports you in your racing .. Well rather than pry apart the two sick love birds, just bring her along, the more the merrier I say :) We will have food, drink,and shade We have around 5-10 others that might come meet up with us that wk end.Hopefuly weather will stay nice for that wk end:grr ...So how come your plans fell through for Memorial??

Natertot426ex
05-22-2003, 02:43 AM
Well I would bring my girl but she went home for the Summer, which I can say sucks the big one. As of St. A's I don't have the money to go. Bills are coming up and that will take most of my money. I don't have the cash flow coming in like I use to since I had to kick one room mate out and the other just left so I am on a spending feeze untill I get some more money saved up!

QuadJunkies
05-22-2003, 02:53 AM
Well I would bring my girl but she went home for the Summer, which I can say sucks the big one. As of St. A's I don't have the money to go. Bills are coming up and that will take most of my money. I don't have the cash flow coming in like I use to since I had to kick one room mate out and the other just left so I am on a spending feeze untill I get some more money saved up! Wow...... the whole summer huh.....that does suck..:( I know about the cash flow problems... lol.. I need to be put on a spending freeze lately...:o a few more things like new sand tires and an offset rim them Im done until flattrackin in the fall I think....:)

dirtmomma
05-22-2003, 03:09 AM
Wow...... the whole summer huh.....that does suck..:( I know about the cash flow problems... lol.. I need to be put on a spending freeze lately...:o a few more things like new sand tires and an offset rim them Im done until flattrackin in the fall I think....:)

LOL LOL my husband is thinkin the same thing about me:eek2: in the same boat have to hold off:( :rolleyes: till flattrack season.

kgbg
05-22-2003, 06:59 AM
Quadjunkies,
I am from SLC.
I can't remember who asked, but the temps, were in the low 60's to upper 50's in the days, and 30's at night. It would have been perfect minus the wind.
Are all yo guys talking about going on one trip, or is there a few different weekends with a few different groups throwing out ideas?

QuadJunkies
05-22-2003, 07:05 AM
Quadjunkies,
I am from SLC.
I can't remember who asked, but the temps, were in the low 60's to upper 50's in the days, and 30's at night. It would have been perfect minus the wind.
Are all yo guys talking about going on one trip, or is there a few different weekends with a few different groups throwing out ideas? This trip will be a four day trip,just one trip out for me this year,and yes, we are all talking about the trip out in July.. Ive been trying to put together this group ride for about 8 months now, last year I wassuppose to meet up with quite a few, but we kept missing each other and different ends of the dune,so this year Im going to make this work a little better for a meeting time ect...

kgbg
05-22-2003, 07:40 AM
Cool,
What weekend? I try to make it up there 2-3 times a year, and usually its over Labor Day, but we got the houseboat on Powelll for Labor day!!!!!
So now I am looking for another weekend.....

QuadJunkies
05-22-2003, 07:48 AM
Cool,
What weekend? I try to make it up there 2-3 times a year, and usually its over Labor Day, but we got the houseboat on Powelll for Labor day!!!!!
So now I am looking for another weekend..... WEll come on down!! I think this group Im gonna get a few good pics of all of us an send them to all the ATV mags. Should be a good turn out if no one flakes out.....:o (we had a few already,go figure):rolleyes: :p just let me know and Ill get us a place and time as the date draws near......Tina :)

kgbg
05-22-2003, 10:35 AM
I probably should know this, since I am thinking of going, but when ? What weekend? Where are you all camping? Hotels? Sandhills? Oasis? Egin Lakes?

Dune Surfer
05-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Hey kgbg, I'm coming through SLC on the way to St A's. Do you know where I can find race gas in SLC. I used to live there so I know my way around. I you know of anyplace please let me know

Dune Surfer
05-22-2003, 01:56 PM
I think I do a good job:D . I just cut Shanes on the Raptor off and I have done all my quads, bring it on over sometime and Ill help ya cut them, Ive got the Drehmel and all...So whats your buddy ride?? Does his GF ride at all? Im gathering she dont. I may have asked yopu this before,does your GF ride at all?

Hey QJ,
Is your son named Shane? My son's name is Cheyne (pronounced the same) to funny.

QuadJunkies
05-22-2003, 07:28 PM
Hey QJ,
Is your son named Shane? My son's name is Cheyne (pronounced the same) to funny. No, its Brandon, we have a friend named Shane though..... You may want to call the local quad dealers in Rexburg and ask them if they know if or where in Rexburg or St. Anthonys you can get fuel..:)

QuadJunkies
05-22-2003, 07:33 PM
I probably should know this, since I am thinking of going, but when ? What weekend? Where are you all camping? Hotels? Sandhills? Oasis? Egin Lakes? The dats are the 10th-14th.I will be staying at the Best Western and Im sure the others will camp,but not at the Resort they will prol just pull off somewhere, although I think as close to Egin the better...Im going to bring a Gazebo for shade for the camp site cause Im sure it will be pleny warm by then, is the rules still apply that you need to bring in a metal conatiner to burn in for campfires?:confused: I know in years past, you couldnt have open camp fires,but enclosed was fine.It would be nice if the space when you first pull into Lake Egin wasnt being used that way ther would be plenty of room for all who wants to just camp together and yet close enough for lunch and no lights out at 11 pm crap.....:rolleyes: :p

kgbg
05-23-2003, 03:21 AM
Dunesurfer,
Yeah, I know a few plaes to get race gas.
1. Jensen Oil, 4700 south Redwood Rd. Only open till 5:00
2. Mountain High Motor Sports, 8300 soth Redwood Road.open till 6:00
Those are the two places I always get it. Usually at Jensen oil, its a little cheaper there. I think its like $4.20 a gal for the Sonoco 112
Last weekend the ranger said that there was no fires in the dunes. You could have a stove, but they have been having problems with people starting fires in the dunes and leaving ht wood, bottles behind. At the BLM spots, you can just dig a pit.
I hope I can make this trip. I 'll be in touch

Dune Surfer
05-25-2003, 10:45 AM
Dunesurfer,
Yeah, I know a few plaes to get race gas.
1. Jensen Oil, 4700 south Redwood Rd. Only open till 5:00
2. Mountain High Motor Sports, 8300 soth Redwood Road.open till 6:00
Those are the two places I always get it. Usually at Jensen oil, its a little cheaper there. I think its like $4.20 a gal for the Sonoco 112
Last weekend the ranger said that there was no fires in the dunes. You could have a stove, but they have been having problems with people starting fires in the dunes and leaving ht wood, bottles behind. At the BLM spots, you can just dig a pit.
I hope I can make this trip. I 'll be in touch

Thanks, You saved me from bringing it all the way from San Diego.:D

out4sand
06-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Hey QJ -

I haven't been on the forum much lately but I still would very much like to make the riding trip. I will be working in Middleton, most likely on the 8th&9th, so if my quads are still running after the 4th of July weekend, I'd very much like to meet up for the BBQ and then with you all to ride. I'll most likely be by myself because of the work deal but who knows maybe I can con someone into going with me. :D

www.out4sand.com (http://)

rhandw69
06-04-2003, 12:38 PM
OUT4SAND,
Ummmm,
Lets see if we can work out something out for that trip. Im not too sure about my july calender yet, i have to check with the wife, but lets see what we could work out. Id be interested in making the trip if i can free up some time on my end.

QuadJunkies
06-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by out4sand
Hey QJ -

I haven't been on the forum much lately but I still would very much like to make the riding trip. I will be working in Middleton, most likely on the 8th&9th, so if my quads are still running after the 4th of July weekend, I'd very much like to meet up for the BBQ and then with you all to ride. I'll most likely be by myself because of the work deal but who knows maybe I can con someone into going with me. :D

www.out4sand.com (http://) Sounds good...:) Some of the riders coming wont be doing the BBQ cause they are coming from other states out of reach from my place, but the locals that are going with us will be at my place ...;) .... We have added another 8 riders to the buinch and WyoDuner said he may come up for a day with his wife..As time draws near, Ill swap phone numbers and give you directions to my place....You gonna camp or stay in a room???

ThorChick
06-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Looks like I'll have to cancel on coming over there this year. Money is going to be pretty tight and the second job I got to fund the trip is going to be paying for the new engine I just had to drop in my truck. Hopefully next year I'll be able to come......:( :( :(

QuadJunkies
06-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Looks like I'll have to cancel on coming over there this year. Money is going to be pretty tight and the second job I got to fund the trip is going to be paying for the new engine I just had to drop in my truck. Hopefully next year I'll be able to come......:( :( :( :eek: I heard about your case of bad luck.:( I talked to Andrew the other night on here,man......sounds like some of the luck I had a few weeks ago.....dont give up hope just yet,..... he said hes going to still try and help you out so that you can make the trip up!:D If you cant make it, I understand.... But PLEASE dont make me the only chick up here!!!!!........lol:p

Dune Surfer
06-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Looks like I'll have to cancel on coming over there this year. Money is going to be pretty tight and the second job I got to fund the trip is going to be paying for the new engine I just had to drop in my truck. Hopefully next year I'll be able to come......:( :( :(

weak:eek:

ThorChick
06-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Weak???:ermm: I think not! I'll goon the trp, but only if someone wants to loan me a couple hundred dollars to go. LOL

Dune Surfer
06-06-2003, 04:35 AM
Weak???:ermm: I think not! I'll goon the trp, but only if someone wants to loan me a couple hundred dollars to go. LOL

Just kidding, take it easy. I hope you can find a way to make it. Thats what God made credit cards for:D Maybe you can save a little every week and do a low budget camping trip.Make your boyfriend pay for favors (wink wink) don't party until July. Ok the credit cards are the best idea.
If I was going that way I would drive , My mom lives in Medford. It is just to far out of my way, sorry. Maybe there are other EX riders up that way you could come with.
good luck

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 05:25 AM
Just kidding, take it easy. I hope you can find a way to make it. Thats what God made credit cards for:D Maybe you can save a little every week and do a low budget camping trip.Make your boyfriend pay for favors (wink wink) don't party until July. Ok the credit cards are the best idea.
If I was going that way I would drive , My mom lives in Medford. It is just to far out of my way, sorry. Maybe there are other EX riders up that way you could come with.
good luck I hope you can find a way too.;) How about hittin your Dad up for some dough? I mean, you are coming out here to visit him and bringing lil sis and all,Im sure Andrew wouldnt mind paying for a few favors......:p :devil:

ThorChick
06-06-2003, 06:10 AM
If I had a credit card I totally would have used it to pay or my new engine, but when I turned 18 I never got one. Andrew has been a nice enough guy to loan me the $2000 it took to fix my truck and for the next six months I'll be paying him back $300 a month. :( Since we aren't together anymore I really don't want to ask him to pay for th trip over there, since I'm already $2000 in the hole with him. So right now, unless my dad can give me the money, I don't think we're going. :o :( :o :(
Thanks for the ideas though.:)

06-06-2003, 06:37 AM
QJ, I lost my job and now I don't have any money to go. Maybe once Bush straightedes out the economy I can. I need to find a job quick to get Red's heartworm problem fixed.

Dune Surfer
06-06-2003, 06:41 AM
Calling all Oregon EXriders... Thorchick needs a ride to Idaho for a EXriders ride at Saint Anthony's. July 10-14. Anybody cool and not a perv please respond. lol. I just trew in the perv part because you never know.:D

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 07:31 AM
If I had a credit card I totally would have used it to pay or my new engine, but when I turned 18 I never got one. Andrew has been a nice enough guy to loan me the $2000 it took to fix my truck and for the next six months I'll be paying him back $300 a month. :( Since we aren't together anymore I really don't want to ask him to pay for th trip over there, since I'm already $2000 in the hole with him. So right now, unless my dad can give me the money, I don't think we're going. :o :( :o :(
Thanks for the ideas though.:) WEll, I hope you can come :(..... I had no idea you two were broke up!!:eek: I take it you two still get along ok though huh?...Thats cool.......... And I second that........Any Ore riders interested in going could ya help out a fellow rider so Kacy can come play???????:D

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by froggigginmama
QJ, I lost my job and now I don't have any money to go. Maybe once Bush straightedes out the economy I can. I need to find a job quick to get Red's heartworm problem fixed. If you wait for Bush to fix the economy............ you will never make it up:p ;)

QuadJunkies
06-09-2003, 07:34 PM
YYIIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!! 30 more days to go!!!!:p

Natertot426ex
06-10-2003, 02:50 AM
Hey Tina. I am not sure what time I am going to show up on Saturday. I have a funeral to go to in Greenleaf at 10:30 so I will probably head out there when that is done. I talked to my buddy in St. A's last night and he said he went out sunday and there was nobody there. I am set to stay there with him. I can't wait to go!!!! I will definatley go to the BBQ as well:D

QuadJunkies
06-10-2003, 04:24 AM
Hey Tina. I am not sure what time I am going to show up on Saturday. I have a funeral to go to in Greenleaf at 10:30 so I will probably head out there when that is done. I talked to my buddy in St. A's last night and he said he went out sunday and there was nobody there. I am set to stay there with him. I can't wait to go!!!! I will definatley go to the BBQ as well:D Thats awesome Nate!! Wow, must be nice to know someone who lives up there. Well our Reservations are set in stone as of Yesterday(had to wait for the GM whos a friend of ours) to make them as the date got closer at Best Western).Its kind of nice us going up after the 4th of July it wont be too overcrowded and yet I like when there is lots of riders, and the sand will be nice too..;) As for Sat. I will watch for you , just look for our campsite we will have 2 gazebos and two tent pitched look for a Nissan(light blue) I hear was a good turn out for the sand drag event last year,a lot of rails and I heard they out trophies and stuff, so I hope its as good this year...or hope they even have it this year..Have you ever heard of it NAte? Im wondering if there is a fee for entering drag races.. I would like to try it :D ... Glad your gonna make it to the BBQ as well...

QuadJunkies
06-10-2003, 04:25 AM
Nate, did someone pass away in your family???Im sorry to hear of a funeral....:(

Natertot426ex
06-10-2003, 04:38 AM
My great uncle died monday morning. He was 101. Where were the sand drags at?

QuadJunkies
06-10-2003, 04:39 AM
My great uncle died monday morning. He was 101. Where were the sand drags at? Nate, Im very sorry to hear the news...I guess once a year over Fathers day they have a drag event at Weiser..Should be interesting to see!!! I know one guy who comes from Onario maybe he will be there and take us for a spin on his rail!!:blah:

Natertot426ex
06-10-2003, 04:45 AM
Sounds like fun. I would like to put mine up against some other quads:D I work with a guy that just spent 30k on a Rail and when he got it he found out they built him the wrong motor.
So he sent it back. It's pretty sweet lookin.

Dune Surfer
06-10-2003, 04:43 PM
I can't wait:D
I'm still working on getting a Predator before the trip. But no worries I installed a stock motor in my 400 Sat. and it runs strong. So either way I have a ride!! You will just have to wait fo me on a stocker, ha ha. I don't know why dealers have to be such a pain in the a** they make it so much harder than it has to be.

QuadJunkies
06-10-2003, 04:44 PM
Sounds like fun. I would like to put mine up against some other quads:D I work with a guy that just spent 30k on a Rail and when he got it he found out they built him the wrong motor.
So he sent it back. It's pretty sweet lookin. So does your friend still have his rail and does it now have a motor? Tell him he should come! Does he live in Boise area? Hmmmm ..What color is it by chance?

QuadJunkies
06-10-2003, 04:46 PM
I can't wait:D
I'm still working on getting a Predator before the trip. But no worries I installed a stock motor in my 400 Sat. and it runs strong. So either way I have a ride!! You will just have to wait fo me on a stocker, ha ha. I don't know why dealers have to be such a pain in the a** they make it so much harder than it has to be. Glad to hear your up and running! Better to have a stock ride than no ride at all..... right?;)

Natertot426ex
06-11-2003, 01:53 AM
Well his is a redish color. He just sent the motor back last week and I don't know when he will get it back. I mentioned it too him on coming out but he was going camping so he couldn't. He has a 400ex with tons of stuff done to it and an 89 250r that has a ESR 330 kit on it. It's funny he buys all this stuff and it just sits in his garage. He goes to the dunes for a couple trips each year and I can't ever get him to go riding with me. I think he is scared of me:D

QuadJunkies
06-11-2003, 04:21 AM
Well his is a redish color. He just sent the motor back last week and I don't know when he will get it back. I mentioned it too him on coming out but he was going camping so he couldn't. He has a 400ex with tons of stuff done to it and an 89 250r that has a ESR 330 kit on it. It's funny he buys all this stuff and it just sits in his garage. He goes to the dunes for a couple trips each year and I can't ever get him to go riding with me. I think he is scared of me:D I think I may know of this person. Im gonna dig up my pics of me in his rail if I can find them and Ill post them. This guy had an R and I rode it :)(if its the same guy) he was a nice guy I remember........

QuadJunkies
06-11-2003, 04:26 AM
heres one pic I have... Im looking for one of the R..

Natertot426ex
06-11-2003, 04:27 AM
This guy just got his a month or two ago. He was over at the war his wife picked it up while he was gone. I guess it could be him. Did he talk a lot and act like he knew everything? This guy is like that.

QuadJunkies
06-11-2003, 04:29 AM
This guy just got his a month or two ago. He was over at the war his wife picked it up while he was gone. I guess it could be him. Did he talk a lot and act like he knew everything? This guy is like that. This must be a dif guy then, this was taken last fall, but he had all the quads you spoke of. And yes, this guy seemwd to know alot:rolleyes: ... He was nice, but one thing I cant stand is someone who thinks they know it all......

Natertot426ex
06-11-2003, 04:29 AM
SO do you think Carl's is ever going to sell your 300 you traded them?

QuadJunkies
06-11-2003, 04:32 AM
heres a better one of the rail.

Natertot426ex
06-11-2003, 04:33 AM
This guy is a dink. I have tried to tell him things that have really happen to me but he won't ever beleive me. I told him that I was able to make it up choke cherry on my stock bore 400 with just a pipe system on it and he would beleive me and he still doesn't think My 426 will make it. At least when we go in July I will have all you guys there to see it happen and vouch for me. I know it will make it up.

QuadJunkies
06-11-2003, 04:39 AM
This guy is a dink. I have tried to tell him things that have really happen to me but he won't ever beleive me. I told him that I was able to make it up choke cherry on my stock bore 400 with just a pipe system on it and he would beleive me and he still doesn't think My 426 will make it. At least when we go in July I will have all you guys there to see it happen and vouch for me. I know it will make it up. That sounds like the guy here in Kuna, (you may know him) Do you know Jason Skofield? WEll, him and John(I dont know Johns last name)They both think Troy is full if s*** that he cant make it up Thunder with stock tires!!Ive seen him do it too!! Ryan(my buddy on a Rappy) wathced him do it! And they still dont believe it, I told them to make a BIG stoakes bet that he can and to show up at St./ A's and he would prove them wrong...God.... some poeple. I just dont get it, heres anyother example......... TRoy drag raced a girl last week just out at hemmingway, no biggie .....He won, well her friends have siped up Shees and rode het butt how she got schooled my a Preddy now they want to take Troy on a Drag and school him.....I dont understand why everyone just cant have a good time ,theres ALWAYS going to be someone BIGGER and BETTER out there anyways.....:rolleyes: We just like to have a good time:)

QuadJunkies
06-11-2003, 04:44 AM
This guy is a dink. I have tried to tell him things that have really happen to me but he won't ever beleive me. I told him that I was able to make it up choke cherry on my stock bore 400 with just a pipe system on it and he would beleive me and he still doesn't think My 426 will make it. At least when we go in July I will have all you guys there to see it happen and vouch for me. I know it will make it up. I personally have never been up choke, and Im really not sure I want to :eek2: We tried to go all the way out one day,when I had my 300ex and we tried to make it out riding the center and then riding out all the way to the left, I simply could not make it out on my ride and the dunes just got too big for my liken....:( Is it easier to follow the back side of thunder next to the BLM mountain side? We have two other riders that arent familiar with sand too well.( well they are very green riders)...hehe I told them they better play alot at Weiser this wk end so they will be more ready for the big stuff, or they may be WWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY behind everyone....:p

Natertot426ex
06-11-2003, 05:04 AM
We can go the back way. A lot easier for the little guys:D There are smaller things to play on. Then it is pretty easy to get to the top once you get close. The dunes are big but easy to get up.

out4sand
06-11-2003, 11:07 AM
All is still looking good and on schedual with my work trip....:D
I'm so ready to play in the big Idaho sand box again :devious: :D It'll make the work so much more worth while!

out4sand
06-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Hey Dune Surfer

I made reservations at the Days Inn as well. While I may still end up camping I think A/C at night & a shower might be a good thing in the summer heat ;)

Dune Surfer
06-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Hey Dune Surfer

I made reservations at the Days Inn as well. While I may still end up camping I think A/C at night & a shower might be a good thing in the summer heat ;)

Right on. I don't plan on spending to much time at the hotel. I'll hang at the dunes untill late and crash out at the hotel. I'm starting to get excited!! I'm such a big kid:D Still working on having a spanking new Predator to take up with me:D :D . Just gotta sell my 400. I should have all the details on the deal worked out by early next week and I'll get my 400 in the cycle trader by next weekend. If it sells I'm set.

QuadJunkies
06-11-2003, 06:59 PM
Wow!!! I hope you have your new ride in time, whata place to break that baby in!!!:blah: I know what ya mean, Im so jacked about the trip up, I should get around ALOT better this year with a bigger quad and a little more riding time under my belt, maybe I wont be so shy on those BIG climbs....:o Im still trying to get over the fear of heights and from my wreck up there from last year so Im still abit head shy, but I tell ya.............I got around better than any other girl up ther last year and went up the front side of Thunder with my 300ex:D If I grow a set in the next month, might have to try the back side .......Im not gonna sleep a wink the last week before the trip!!!!!OUT4SAND~~ where you staying during the week your working in Middleton?

out4sand
06-12-2003, 05:52 AM
OUT4SAND~~ where you staying during the week your working in Middleton?

To be honest, I'm really not sure :rolleyes: Most likely it will be a hotel near the new High School where I will be working. Do you have any suggestions? I have worked all over in the area but not actually in Middleton before. I may now have to make a stop on the way to the Dunes in Jerome (if I can get everything shipped in time) to do a quick small project that I kind of got roped into doing...the only plus about it is that it's on the way to the Dunes and should only take a few hours :ermm:

I'm getting far to stoked about the trip :macho ..... If all works out the next month or so is going to be over filled with Dune trips :D
*6/20-22 Quick Sand Lake trip to break in the new top end on the shee
*7/3-7/4 Coos Bay
*7/10-7/13 St Anthony's
*7/31-8/3 Dune Fest

I may need to take a 2nd mortgage to finance my outings but my goodness I'm excited!! :D :D

QuadJunkies
06-12-2003, 06:54 AM
To be honest, I'm really not sure :rolleyes: Most likely it will be a hotel near the new High School where I will be working. Do you have any suggestions? I have worked all over in the area but not actually in Middleton before. I may now have to make a stop on the way to the Dunes in Jerome (if I can get everything shipped in time) to do a quick small project that I kind of got roped into doing...the only plus about it is that it's on the way to the Dunes and should only take a few hours :ermm:

I'm getting far to stoked about the trip :macho ..... If all works out the next month or so is going to be over filled with Dune trips :D
*7/3-7/4 Coos Bay
*7/10-7/13 St Anthony's
*7/31-8/3 Dune Fest

I may need to take a 2nd mortgage to finance my outings but my goodness I'm excited!! :D :D LMAO... its hard not to get excited!!:blah: Wow, Im jelaous. you got alot going on this summer!!!:cool: Im not sure abut lodging in that area, Ill see what I can find out for ya... if it was a little closer, I would have you just stay at our place..but it would be a bit of a drive I have a frined who is a GM for a place in Caldwell Ill let you know about it.l

QuadJunkies
06-12-2003, 08:17 AM

*7/3-7/4 Coos Bay
*7/10-7/13 St Anthony's
*7/31-8/3 Dune Fest

I may need to take a 2nd mortgage to finance my outings but my goodness I'm excited!! :D :D Give Inn America in Caldweel a call, and ask for Ryan Preston, he is the GM there, he said he would be the closest to Middleton and will get you a room.........;) Hje is one of the riders going with us next month.....

Dune Surfer
06-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Wow!!! I hope you have your new ride in time, whata place to break that baby in!!!:blah: I know what ya mean, Im so jacked about the trip up, I should get around ALOT better this year with a bigger quad and a little more riding time under my belt, maybe I wont be so shy on those BIG climbs....:o Im still trying to get over the fear of heights and from my wreck up there from last year so Im still abit head shy, but I tell ya.............I got around better than any other girl up ther last year and went up the front side of Thunder with my 300ex:D If I grow a set in the next month, might have to try the back side .......Im not gonna sleep a wink the last week before the trip!!!!!OUT4SAND~~ where you staying during the week your working in Middleton?

It's funny, I'm more excited about the trip than getting a new quad. If it happens it happens. I find at Glamis, on the big dunes if you save first gear as your bail out gear to turn around, you never have a problem. I look at it like this, if your climbing a really big dune ane you don't think you will make it, if you downshift into first I turn around.better to turn around and go back down than to get stuck half way up:D

FlyinRed
06-18-2003, 09:14 AM
WTF rahn, sho no interst goin on the 4th, but rarein to go on the 10th?

:cuss:

Natertot426ex
06-18-2003, 10:33 AM
It's funny, I'm more excited about the trip than getting a new quad. If it happens it happens. I find at Glamis, on the big dunes if you save first gear as your bail out gear to turn around, you never have a problem. I look at it like this, if your climbing a really big dune ane you don't think you will make it, if you downshift into first I turn around.better to turn around and go back down than to get stuck half way up:D

True on the first gear. Unless you can keep the speed up to where if you slow down you have the speed to turn around and go back down. I have done that a couple times.

Dune Surfer
06-18-2003, 04:58 PM
It happened:D :D :D

QuadJunkies
06-18-2003, 06:43 PM
THORCHICK:
Are you heading over by yourself or do you have a group going? Im hoping to talk Ronnie into going over with me and some others from our group. So are you still plannin on making it up the same week we are?:cool:

rhandw69
06-19-2003, 07:26 AM
Im heading for Boston on the 5th of July and wont get back until the 13th or 14th. No trip for me atleast not this soon in the summer.
Maybe later on in the summer I can work something out.

ThorChick
06-24-2003, 09:20 PM
GUESS WHAT GUYS!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? I"M GONNA MAKE IT OVER THERE FOR THE TRIP!!! YAY FOR ME!!:D :) :blah:
Oh yea, Andrew is coming too. I don't know if we'll make it to the BBQ the night before but maybe we'll be able to drop by after spending some time with family we have over in Idaho Falls.
Tina~I called you last night and left a message on your machine right after you talked to Andrew. He said he gave you my cell number and I also left it in the message too. Call me anytime girl!!

QuadJunkies
06-25-2003, 02:57 AM
GUESS WHAT GUYS!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? I"M GONNA MAKE IT OVER THERE FOR THE TRIP!!! YAY FOR ME!!:D :) :blah:
Oh yea, Andrew is coming too. I don't know if we'll make it to the BBQ the night before but maybe we'll be able to drop by after spending some time with family we have over in Idaho Falls.
Tina~I called you last night and left a message on your machine right after you talked to Andrew. He said he gave you my cell number and I also left it in the message too. Call me anytime girl!! The news is AWESOME!:blah: :cool: Ill prol. give you a buzz next week as Im doing a roll call for all the riders that we know are going.Im off to have Troys Prddy looked at, It looks like he has bad Axle bearnings and maybe a bad Axle:( He will be sooooo mad if its not fixed in time for the trip.all he has talked about since he bought it is."I cant wait to shoot up Choke with it!:blah: !!!!!" Otherwise, I guess a frined of his is gonna let him take his Raptor up,but he wont romp on it so nothings goes wrong with it...Sheesh, first the Rosster paddles,then this......:( Wish me luck

seven
06-25-2003, 09:17 AM
I heard that is just the excuse he was using not to race this weekend instead of the real reason, That you wont let him! We think he came up with the axle thing!:)

Dune Surfer
06-25-2003, 09:37 AM
Tina~I called you last night and left a message on your machine right after you talked to Andrew. He said he gave you my cell number and I also left it in the message too. Call me anytime girl!!

Alright. Another exrider making it. This is going to be a fun trip.

QuadJunkies
06-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by seven
I heard that is just the excuse he was using not to race this weekend instead of the real reason, That you wont let him! We think he came up with the axle thing!:) :eek: :eek2: LOL>.... I wont lie. I did ASK him if he would sit out this race last week, just to make sure nothing spoiled the trip, or I sould be going solo...but if he really wanted to and IF its done in time for the wk end he can race I would never TELL him he cant do anything he wants to do, as I am the same way..:) Trust me..he wants to race.I think we may have three more riders that will race on Sat. Ryan on the Rappy is for sure, and Natertot might ,also his friend may race. I told him you may any additonal info to give me might need.So are you racing for sure? BTW.. The Preddy is in the shop and awating parts, ask Troy how it sounded:eek2: Glad he found this out before leaving on the trip....

Justin St.Jeor
06-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Yea my first post!!!, i will be ther on sat. I will be in islnd park that weekend but i am going to go down on sat. does anyone have a map or knows where to get one. I here the place is kind of hard to find your way around. Thanks guys i am stoked.:D

Dune Surfer
06-26-2003, 01:47 PM
Welcome to exriders. What part of Utah are you from? lived in SLC for awhile. In fact I'm stopping there on my way up to see friends. PM quadjunkies about st A's she knows here way around there.

QuadJunkies
06-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Justin St.Jeor
Yea my first post!!!, i will be ther on sat. I will be in islnd park that weekend but i am going to go down on sat. does anyone have a map or knows where to get one. I here the place is kind of hard to find your way around. Thanks guys i am stoked.:D Justin, first of all welcome to the site!:D ...What time you plan on being in the area? I was thinking,maybe a good meeting place would be at our hotel lobby go grab a bite before the morning riding,we could all meet in the lobby and everyone can follow so you wont go through what we did trying to find the place our first trip out:mad: I swear we had to have asked half of Rexburg, and some of the farmers that lived there for 30 years had no idea where it was:huh ...Ive seen some maps somewhere Ill try and find you one and post if for all.If not let me know if this plan works for you and we can just meet up!!Im sooooo stoked 2 more weeks.:blah: :cool:

ThorChick
06-29-2003, 07:58 AM
Tina ~ What jet did you run in your 300ex when you went to St. Anthony's? I can't wait!! Only like 11 more days and we'll be leaving!!!:D :D :D

Justin St.Jeor
06-29-2003, 08:19 AM
Tahnks that would be great!!! I think i know what exit it is, but do not know anthing else about it. went to jericho this weekend now i am really ready to go. thanks a lot. what time are we thinking in the morning.:D :blah: :D

QuadJunkies
06-29-2003, 07:33 PM
Tina ~ What jet did you run in your 300ex when you went to St. Anthony's? I can't wait!! Only like 11 more days and we'll be leaving!!!:D :D :D If I remember right, I was running a 128 ??That is with a full system Yoshi, what are you running right now? Im soooo excited!! Only 8 more working days and im off for twelve days .Im going to ride all but 3 days of it:D

QuadJunkies
06-29-2003, 07:34 PM
Tahnks that would be great!!! I think i know what exit it is, but do not know anthing else about it. went to jericho this weekend now i am really ready to go. thanks a lot. what time are we thinking in the morning.:D :blah: :D How does meeting a 7 am sound to everyone meeting up at the Best Western? If that works for you, then Ill email the others the time,we can go have some chow and fuel up and go!!!!!!:blah:

Natertot426ex
06-30-2003, 01:57 AM
Hey Justin I have friends That rode out there on Saturday. They live real close. They ride a 250r, 2-400ex's, and an LT500. Also welcome to the site!

QuadJunkies
06-30-2003, 03:26 AM
Hey Justin I have friends That rode out there on Saturday. They live real close. They ride a 250r, 2-400ex's, and an LT500. Also welcome to the site! Nate, how come you didnt race Sat?:( we had a prety good turn out for a first time at the track. The owners were freaking out how well the quads cleared everything:macho :D around 8 riders didnt show.

QuadJunkies
06-30-2003, 04:37 AM
So far weather is around 75-85..awwwweeeee...... just right......lets hope it like this in a week!

Dune Surfer
06-30-2003, 04:51 AM
How does meeting a 7 am sound to everyone meeting up at the Best Western? If that works for you, then Ill email the others the time,we can go have some chow and fuel up and go!!!!!!:blah:

Sunday?

QuadJunkies
06-30-2003, 05:05 AM
Sunday? we can plan on meeting same time on Sun also ;) sound good?

Dune Surfer
06-30-2003, 05:36 AM
I thought you were getting to rexburg satuday afternoon. Are you arriving Friday?

QuadJunkies
06-30-2003, 05:37 AM
I thought you were getting to rexburg satuday afternoon. Are you arriving Friday? Im leaving bright and early Fri to get some evening riding in I sohuld get htere around oh Im thinkin 3 ish.....

Dune Surfer
06-30-2003, 12:57 PM
Hmm might have to change my plans:) Another day of riding good

Justin St.Jeor
06-30-2003, 04:43 PM
7 at the best western in rexburg sounds good, it will be me and my wife, and possibly her brother. I live in layton dune surfer, so if you need anything feel free to let me know, we will be leaving fri around 5-6. but are only going to ride sat. I was wondering if my wife is going to be alright, she is still very hesitant but loves to go. she will be riding my dads wolverine that is a 4x4. Is St. A's harder to ride than jericho.

QuadJunkies
06-30-2003, 07:06 PM
7 at the best western in rexburg sounds good, it will be me and my wife, and possibly her brother. I live in layton dune surfer, so if you need anything feel free to let me know, we will be leaving fri around 5-6. but are only going to ride sat. I was wondering if my wife is going to be alright, she is still very hesitant but loves to go. she will be riding my dads wolverine that is a 4x4. Is St. A's harder to ride than jericho. Tell your wife that we have few other green riders coming along also she will be fine. She may not want to go all the way out to Choke with it though. Ive never ben top jerico so Im not sure about that. I hav a friend that just got back this week form St. A's and he told me the weather was horrible and wet and windy, this is why I like to go in July. He has a Z400 with an Alba pipe and he could barely make it up THunder in 2nd gear! :eek2: I guess everyone was having ahard time climbing. Justin, how log she been riding for? Tell her to come along she will have a blast!1 cool, now we have 5 girls going :) Are you bringing paddles? they are good to have out here if you do..;)

QuadJunkies
06-30-2003, 07:25 PM
THorchick, you have any new pics of your 300ex since your new plastic! Im just dying to see it!:blah:

ThorChick
06-30-2003, 08:05 PM
I do actually, but they are all on Andrew's computer so he will have to post them. We'll have more pics of it soon after the 4th, he said he's going to spend the rest of the week polishing parts on it. BLING BLING!! :D hehehehe

ThorChick
06-30-2003, 08:08 PM
By the way, what hotels are you all staying at? I think we'll get a room saturday night so we don't have to drive so much.
We'll be leaving from Newberg, OR at 4 am Thursday morning if anyone else wants to head that way with us, just let us know.

Natertot426ex
07-01-2003, 01:48 AM
7 at the best western in rexburg sounds good, it will be me and my wife, and possibly her brother. I live in layton dune surfer, so if you need anything feel free to let me know, we will be leaving fri around 5-6. but are only going to ride sat. I was wondering if my wife is going to be alright, she is still very hesitant but loves to go. she will be riding my dads wolverine that is a 4x4. Is St. A's harder to ride than jericho.

St A's is a little harder than Jericho at the big dunes but from sandhills to the big dunes it should be about the same if not a little easier. I think your wife should be able to go to Choke if we take the back side all the way over. A lot easier riding. QJ I am staying in St A's with my friend so what part of the dunes is everyone parking at?

QuadJunkies
07-01-2003, 03:59 AM
I do actually, but they are all on Andrew's computer so he will have to post them. We'll have more pics of it soon after the 4th, he said he's going to spend the rest of the week polishing parts on it. BLING BLING!! :D hehehehe sweet...Mine needs some BLING,BLING BAD!!!!! my nefrs look like crap and she needs some PC. As far as lodging ,we are staying at Best Western .They are more spendy than Dayss Inn so if your wanting to budjet and you dont care about not having a hot tub.,pool ect then I would stay there(Days Inn may have pool Im not sure) Nathan~~~ I think parking at Egin lake would be good ,then we are more Central. We will have some Two strokes going with us and gas wise it makes the most sense ,also more central for big and little fun spots to ride.I was thinking Ill bring a couple Gabezos for shade and a few chairs,anyone who has a few please bring them Hopefully we can get the graveled spot right next to the entrance ..Nathan you coming to BBQ still? Paul said the other night he was wanting to come. If so, Im thinking around 7pm.Rob is welcome to come also.....;)

Natertot426ex
07-01-2003, 04:04 AM
Ok that will work. I will probably come to the BBQ. I will have to make sure my stuff is all packed up in the trailer wednesday so that I can make it. I will Let Rob know as well. Just give me some directions!

dirtmomma
07-01-2003, 04:49 AM
Oh Man wishin I was going!!!! sounds like you guys are going to have a good time & get to meets each other off of here cool!!!! Well I'm just gettin ready to go to the jamboree hopefully there will be some exriders there but I doubt it:( Oh well we got some people coming we meet up w/ last year so that'll be cool. Trying to heal up now from my camping "TRIP" last weekend......had a few brewskies & decided to run thru the woods w/ sandals on LOL well the woods won & now I've got some butterfly stitches in my knee:o :o I KNEW I SHOULD OF TOOK MY QUAD!!!!! But it'll be all good in about a week. Well you guys all drive safe & have a good time!!!!:cool:
thorchick I'd like to see that 300 w/ silver plastics too:eek:

QuadJunkies
07-01-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Oh Man wishin I was going!!!! sounds like you guys are going to have a good time & get to meets each other off of here cool!!!! Well I'm just gettin ready to go to the jamboree hopefully there will be some exriders there but I doubt it:( Oh well we got some people coming we meet up w/ last year so that'll be cool. Trying to heal up now from my camping "TRIP" last weekend......had a few brewskies & decided to run thru the woods w/ sandals on LOL well the woods won & now I've got some butterfly stitches in my knee:o :o I KNEW I SHOULD OF TOOK MY QUAD!!!!! But it'll be all good in about a week. Well you guys all drive safe & have a good time!!!!:cool:
thorchick I'd like to see that 300 w/ silver plastics too:eek: Kym, you have agood time and I hope you take some shots of your trip!:blah: From what IVe seen up there its very beautiful....I wish you could make the trip also.. Maybe we can plan on it for next year?

Dune Surfer
07-01-2003, 06:39 AM
Days inn does have a pool. And if you book at their website you get a discount. I can't wait to go. Should get my sand tires this week and I dropped of my shocks to get the rezzies installed yesterday. They will be done by wed. I'm looking good for being ready. Ye ha, riding dunes in the middle of the summer on a brand new Predator. Does it get better than that? I installed a Pure polaris pipe the other day and went riding. At sea level it was missing a little but later that day I went riding in the mountians about 5000 feet elevation and the jetting seemed perfect. So my stock jetting with the pipe should be about right for Idaho.

QuadJunkies
07-01-2003, 06:50 AM
Days inn does have a pool. And if you book at their website you get a discount. I can't wait to go. Should get my sand tires this week and I dropped of my shocks to get the rezzies installed yesterday. They will be done by wed. I'm looking good for being ready. Ye ha, riding dunes in the middle of the summer on a brand new Predator. Does it get better than that? I installed a Pure polaris pipe the other day and went riding. At sea level it was missing a little but later that day I went riding in the mountians about 5000 feet elevation and the jetting seemed perfect. So my stock jetting with the pipe should be about right for Idaho. Saweett!! how did ya like that pipe? Iuts amazing how much it does to wake it up even more....:macho

Justin St.Jeor
07-01-2003, 12:20 PM
we will be there, i do have my paddles but hers wont but it is also 4 wheel drive so it climbs really well. i am very excited especially if it is as good as i hear it is.:D

Justin St.Jeor
07-01-2003, 12:20 PM
we will be there, i do have my paddles but hers wont but it is also 4 wheel drive so it climbs really well. i am very excited especially if it is as good as i hear it is.:D

Justin St.Jeor
07-01-2003, 12:30 PM
sorry about the double post

Dune Surfer
07-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Got my tires today, shocks thursday I'm ready. So whats the count? how many people have confirmed?

QuadJunkies
07-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Got my tires today, shocks thursday I'm ready. So whats the count? how many people have confirmed? 22 confirmed in cluding me and Troy......:D :cool:

QuadJunkies
07-01-2003, 07:45 PM
we will be there, i do have my paddles but hers wont but it is also 4 wheel drive so it climbs really well. i am very excited especially if it is as good as i hear it is.:D oh trust me...its as good as youve heard.and them some!:blah:

twisted threads
07-01-2003, 10:33 PM
I wish I could go!!:( :( O well next year I am going!

QuadJunkies
07-02-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by twisted threads
I wish I could go!!:( :( O well next year I am going! I wish you were going too..:( Thats two in a row we didnt meet up.Hey Twisted Threads, I just got more info on the campgrounds at Egin lake.It will be open this wk end. Has about 20 pull in spots for parking,mall gravel no fire pits yet,no trees ect..But next year they are adding more and the nice part about it is.its still free...........:)

Dune Surfer
07-02-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
I wish I could go!!:( :( O well next year I am going!

Western washington and your not going??? Weeeaaakkk. Just ribbing ya, to bad you can't make it:ermm:
22 Riders!!! pretty good turn out. Looking forward to meeting/riding with everybody.
tony

ThorChick
07-02-2003, 05:24 PM
Tony, can you give me the link to the hotel you are staying at? I don't know which one to look up.

Dune Surfer
07-02-2003, 05:53 PM
www.daysinn.com
271 so. 2nd west
Rexburg Idaho
phone # 208-356-9222

I booked online and got a web rate of $40.50 per night.

see you there:D

QuadJunkies
07-02-2003, 07:04 PM
Western washington and your not going??? Weeeaaakkk. Just ribbing ya, to bad you can't make it:ermm:
22 Riders!!! pretty good turn out. Looking forward to meeting/riding with everybody.
tony I was thinking aruond 15 would show but my buddy had family that ride dirt bikes that live in Balckfoot that want to go, we would have had 6 others but they wimped out......:o

twisted threads
07-02-2003, 10:37 PM
tony
If I had some more vac. time I would be there but work has picked up so I cant leave. they have me working friday on the 4th!! at double time and 1/2 I cant let that one get away!!:cool:
Next year im going during memorial week!

Dune Surfer
07-04-2003, 06:14 PM
My quad is sand ready...finally. Im going to Pismo to try it out for the weekend. Then, wed or thur it's off to Idaho.:D :D

QuadJunkies
07-04-2003, 06:19 PM
My quad is sand ready...finally. Im going to Pismo to try it out for the weekend. Then, wed or thur it's off to Idaho.:D :D lookin saaawweett.........:cool:

QuadJunkies
07-07-2003, 02:27 AM
So how was it Tony?:blah: .........add 2 more locals to the group and possibly two more later this week......LOL. thequads are already loaded and Im packin tomorrow!!!:D :p

Natertot426ex
07-07-2003, 03:35 AM
OH BOY do I have a lot to do this week. I have to put new bearings on my trailer axles because they are as loose as a goose and maybe new tires on the trailer. i hope I have the time to do it all. I could have a few late nights this week. Plus I have got to get the quad cleaned too.

QuadJunkies
07-07-2003, 03:45 AM
OH BOY do I have a lot to do this week. I have to put new bearings on my trailer axles because they are as loose as a goose and maybe new tires on the trailer. i hope I have the time to do it all. I could have a few late nights this week. Plus I have got to get the quad cleaned too. I know what ya mean!:eek: my AC in the house went out yesterday so I got to get that fixed,get the kids shipped off to Grannys for the week:D ,clean,clean,clean.........:confused2 Troy got mine all shined up and got his Predator back from the shop,they went over it really well, and said it looks likes its top notch and no worries!:cool: ...Nathan, that reminds me, I should go check the tires on our trailer as well.;)

Dune Surfer
07-07-2003, 05:16 PM
So how was it Tony?:blah: .........add 2 more locals to the group and possibly two more later this week......LOL. thequads are already loaded and Im packin tomorrow!!!:D :p

Hey kiddo,
Pismo sucks!!! Crowded as heck, cold and WINDY. But you know I don't care, I have fun riding no matter what. I love the Pradator so much I can't believe it. It has balls ( no offense) It jumps so well ( don't get excited I don't jump very far) Better yet lands so much better than my EX. I beat piped Z's, raptors, and even a couple of brand new Yammy 450's. The conditions were bad but The pred brought a smile to my face:D
Can't wait to come up. When are you leaving again? I am thinking of leaving wed night or thur. call me and let me know. I would like to make breakfast sat but if not sun.
Cannibalized my stabilizer and mounted it to my stock bumper, looks funny but seems to work. Really needed it at pismo, so bumpy it shock my fillings loose. Kidding!!

I'm ready can't wait to ride St A's. talk to you soon.
Tony

QuadJunkies
07-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Hey kiddo,
Pismo sucks!!! Crowded as heck, cold and WINDY. But you know I don't care, I have fun riding no matter what. I love the Pradator so much I can't believe it. It has balls ( no offense) It jumps so well ( don't get excited I don't jump very far) Better yet lands so much better than my EX. I beat piped Z's, raptors, and even a couple of brand new Yammy 450's. The conditions were bad but The pred brought a smile to my face:D
Can't wait to come up. When are you leaving again? I am thinking of leaving wed night or thur. call me and let me know. I would like to make breakfast sat but if not sun.
Cannibalized my stabilizer and mounted it to my stock bumper, looks funny but seems to work. Really needed it at pismo, so bumpy it shock my fillings loose. Kidding!!

I'm ready can't wait to ride St A's. talk to you soon.
Tony Hi TOny! Glad your luvin your new ride!!!!!!1........I knew you would;) ok.... We will be in Rexburg at roughly 2-3 Fri afternoon, ckecking in our room,then stragith to the dunes for late afternoon ride then......Hittin a bar for a few drinks that eveing.Sat. 7 am meeting at the lobbly at Best Western there is a place right there at the hotel for breakfast ,gas up and get stuff for the coolers for the day then off we go!! Ill be on tonight if ya wanna talk for a bit......let me know.....:)

yamasaki_125
07-07-2003, 07:46 PM
count more people in... stayin in sand hills so come and say hi... My name is Eric and we will have:

2001 Chevy crew cab... blue
33' tahoe toy hauler

bikes:
red 250R
white shee
white raptor
white blaster
white tricked blaster
blue blaster

Natertot426ex
07-08-2003, 02:13 AM
well I got my bearing packed on my trailer last night. what a gooy job. I found ou that my Utah friends aren't going to make it. One of them mess up his ankle saturday at a race and the other has to go and qualify shooting the gun for work. Tonight I am going to clean the quad up and get it loaded and mow the lawn since I haven't done it in 2 weeks:eek: it's getting long. Tina pm me directions to your house!!

QuadJunkies
07-08-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by yamasaki_125
count more people in... stayin in sand hills so come and say hi... My name is Eric and we will have:

33' tahoe toy hauler

bikes:
red 250R
white shee
white raptor
white blaster
white tricked blaster
blue blaster will do.....:) We will be rding with an assortment of quads: 5-400ex one silver maier,two yellow,two red,
2-Shees
silver maier 300ex
2 Predators
2 Rappys(white and grey/black)
YZ250
YZ125
YFZ450
Wolverine
Scrambler
There will be a few dirt bikes in our groip as well, just not sure who is going and who isnt. Im looking forward to meeting all of you!! Nathan, Ill pm ya directions my place.....
:)

QuadJunkies
07-08-2003, 02:42 AM

33' tahoe toy hauler

bikes:
red 250R
white shee
white raptor
white blaster
white tricked blaster
blue blaster Eric, what days are you staying ???

out4sand
07-08-2003, 04:10 AM
Well I'm off today...granted I have 3 days of work in the Boise area but I'm still super excited :D I wish I had a bit more time to clean & polish stuff as all I've done is squirt the bikes off after the last 2 rides...that work thing just keeps getting in the way :rolleyes: Oh well, guess it's better to use them, then to just keep them clean in the garage. Like Dune Surfer I'll be staying at the Days Inn - See you all this weekend!!

QuadJunkies
07-08-2003, 04:12 AM
Well I'm off today...granted I have 3 days of work in the Boise area but I'm still super excited :D I wish I had a bit more time to clean & polish stuff as all I've done is squirt the bikes off after the last 2 rides...that work thing just keeps getting in the way :rolleyes: Oh well, guess it's better to use them, then to just keep them clean in the garage. Like Dune Surfer I'll be staying at the Days Inn - See you all this weekend!! If you feel the need, your welcome to shine up your quad at my place;) .... Ill see you soon!!!!!

yamasaki_125
07-08-2003, 05:49 AM
i will be getting to sand hills on the 11th at about 7 or 8 and am stayin til sunday night

QuadJunkies
07-08-2003, 06:01 AM
i will be getting to sand hills on the 11th at about 7 or 8 and am stayin til sunday night Ok, Ill be up at the dunes on Fri also, we will be up around ThunderMnt. late afternoon and eve. Ill swing by your camp before heading to the Lake so we can meet up:)

QuadJunkies
07-08-2003, 06:02 AM
i will be getting to sand hills on the 11th at about 7 or 8 and am stayin til sunday night BTW......where you from?

yamasaki_125
07-08-2003, 07:44 AM
Brigham City, Utah

QuadJunkies
07-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Brigham City, Utah If I remeber on the other page to this thread, I believe Justin is also from Utah.

Burl Swift
07-08-2003, 08:17 AM
I know I'm not involved in your conversation...but I live in Salt Lake City...

And now back to your previously scheduled program...

QuadJunkies
07-08-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Burl Swift
I know I'm not involved in your conversation...but I live in Salt Lake City...

And now back to your previously scheduled program... LOL.......WEll HI!! Burl Swift from S.L.C.!!!!:blah: ;)

yamasaki_125
07-08-2003, 08:27 AM
Justin where you from in Utah

Burl Swift
07-08-2003, 08:35 AM
LOL.......WEll HI!! Burl Swift from S.L.C.!!!!:blah: ;)

*Tips hat to QuadJunkies*

yamasaki_125
07-08-2003, 11:30 AM
Are there gonna be drags this weekend then?
Thanks

Justin St.Jeor
07-08-2003, 01:40 PM
I live in Layton, but i drive through brigham two days a week. do you go down to little sahara very often?

yamasaki_125
07-08-2003, 03:44 PM
yeah i just went there over memorial day and i am going again over labor day

out4sand
07-08-2003, 05:19 PM
QJ
If you feel the need, your welcome to shine up your quad at my place .... Ill see you soon!!!!!

Your too kind! I think I can live with the billet not being brilliant but I may re-jet at your house so when we get there I can just fire it up and ride the day away......:D

QuadJunkies
07-08-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Burl Swift
*Tips hat to QuadJunkies* :)

QuadJunkies
07-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Are there gonna be drags this weekend then?
Thanks hmmm not sure on that one. But the lake is pretty dried up from what Ive heard.This is a good place to start one for anyone game??:devil: :blah: :macho :cool: . Im sure with the size of group we have going here, we can attract enough to drag with........:D

QuadJunkies
07-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Ill be signing out for about 6 days. Out4sand has made it to Idaho and the BBQ is tomorrow so I wont be aroud much tomorrow. Any of the riders needing any info PM me or email me a tntkuna@msn.com Ill check my mail before I leave bright and early on Fri.......see you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!:blah: ;)

Natertot426ex
07-10-2003, 01:52 AM
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: Ok Tina guess who backed out of the trip last night. Rob did. I am still on though. I am going to leave right after work tomarrow and should be over there close to 10. See you all Sat morning!!

QuadJunkies
07-10-2003, 02:45 AM
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: Ok Tina guess who backed out of the trip last night. Rob did. I am still on though. I am going to leave right after work tomarrow and should be over there close to 10. See you all Sat morning!! [/B] Nathan ....your PM box is full!!!!:p

Natertot426ex
07-10-2003, 03:28 AM
Ok now its emty:D