PDA

View Full Version : EZ pull clutch??

nateftbl
05-05-2003, 03:12 PM
how effective is the ez pull clutch? ive heard about it and need an easier pull because it seems like mine is really stiff. what do you suggest? how much? etc? thanks

05-05-2003, 03:14 PM
they round $100, worth it if your racing for a long time or stuff.

JUSTINcredible
05-05-2003, 05:11 PM
$100 bucks!?!?! where ever you got yours you were ripped offf bad.. get one from PEP for $30 bucks, works great and really nice for racing

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-05-2003, 06:32 PM
RTC :macho

lil400exman
05-06-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
RTC :macho

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm may i go drool now:p

lil400exman
05-06-2003, 01:53 AM
how much did you pay for that set nacs? i am looking at a set and how much are those mutha's?:devil

mrbones
05-06-2003, 05:10 AM
I use the MSR Raptor easy pull lever. Cost $32 I think at Rocky Mountain. It definately helps. Only after 25 miles of woods riding did my clutch hand start to get tired.

Does anybody know of an easy pull clutch lever with a switch in it so I can start my 400EX in gear with the clutch pulled (like stock)? That would be perfect!!

Doibugu2
05-06-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by mrbones
I use the MSR Raptor easy pull lever. Cost $32 I think at Rocky Mountain. It definately helps. Only after 25 miles of woods riding did my clutch hand start to get tired.

Does anybody know of an easy pull clutch lever with a switch in it so I can start my 400EX in gear with the clutch pulled (like stock)? That would be perfect!!

The two wires that came off the old perch, what did you do with them? Just tape them together, and your quad will start in gear, with or without the clutch pulled in.

I have the MSR too, its pretty good.

mrbones
05-06-2003, 05:27 AM
I just taped the wires up but didn't hook them together. I guess connectiing them didn't cross my mind since I was still thinking about the saftey issue in case I let someone else ride my quad. I'll just hook them toegther. But still, an aftermarket easy pull lever and perch with a little switch inside would be a cool thing.

Doibugu2
05-06-2003, 06:22 AM
My theory is if your dumb enough to start the quad without the clutch pulled in, then you should pay the consequences.

Just tape them together. I think its more of a safety hazard for you. What do you do when your on a hill and you kill the engine. Sometimes its not easy to get your quad back into neutral to start it. That scares me.

j37
05-06-2003, 06:24 AM
Get the PEP ez pull clutch lever. Thats what I have and it works great. I also got a ez adjust clutch perch when I broke my old one so that makes it a little easier to adjust the cable tension.

mrbones
05-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
My theory is if your dumb enough to start the quad without the clutch pulled in, then you should pay the consequences.

Just tape them together. I think its more of a safety hazard for you. What do you do when your on a hill and you kill the engine. Sometimes its not easy to get your quad back into neutral to start it. That scares me.

Hey. I can't find neutral sometimes when I'm on flat ground!! If it weren't for that green light, I'd never find it.

AAAirbooorn
05-06-2003, 02:57 PM
Safety issue solution: Don't let anyone ride it:devil