PDA

View Full Version : who has used the tripple rate work shocks?

honda 400ex 69
05-05-2003, 02:06 PM
how often do u have to get them revalved. i ride maybe 2 times a month if that and i dont ride very hard. like i dont jump a lot and stuff. how often do u think i will have to get them revalved.

i am talking about the works with out the razzies.

thanks

TRX_Thumper
05-05-2003, 02:48 PM
for a person that rides only 2 tmes a month they would probably last you atleast 2 years if not longer before you needed to revalve them

BigAl
05-05-2003, 03:00 PM
Actually, as long as the shocks are working right for you, and you don't change a-arms or swingarm, then they should never need revalved.

They may need to be serviced, which involves replacing the oil, recharging the nitrogen, and possibly seals and bushings.

I think they recommend you have this done ince a year.
But if you just ride casually, and don't notice any oil leaks, or bad performance from your shocks, you could probably go much longer.

One place to watch closely is the bushing where the shock mounts to the a-arm. I have seen 2 different types of buxhings on the bottom, but they both wear fairly quickly 6-12 months, depending on how you ride.

The bushings are fairly easy to replace, but you need to keep an eye on them, because that is what wears out first.

honda 400ex 69
05-06-2003, 02:14 PM
how come 330 dollar shocks which are better need a lot more work vs. stock shocks where they dont need ne work. whats wrong here?

BigAl
05-06-2003, 02:31 PM
how come 330 dollar shocks which are better need a lot more work vs. stock shocks where they dont need ne work. whats wrong here?

I'm not trying to come off as a smart***** here, but If you haven't worn out or broken your front shocks , and are happy with the way they perform, then there is no reason to buy the better shocks.

I wore the lower bushings out of my stock shocks in 6 months, but I mainly ride mx, which is generally harder on all the suspension components, than just trail or play riding.

honda 400ex 69
05-06-2003, 03:09 PM
if i havent worn out my stock shocks would i most likely not wear out the works for a while

BigAl
05-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Works Shocks are better quality than factory shocks, so if you haven't had any trouble with your stock ones, you would not have any extra trouble with works.

But if you are happy with the stock ones, then there isprobably no need to get works shocks.

They are really only good for people who need to replace the stock ones, or who need better quality shocks for jumping or racing .

Doibugu2
05-07-2003, 12:05 PM
BigAl, where do you normally ride?

BigAl
05-07-2003, 02:23 PM
I spend most of the summer at LTM offroad, in Casey IL.

Its an MX track/ 240 acre offroad riding area.

Other than that the Badlands in Attica IN once or twice a year, and a couple of trips down to land between the lakes in KY.

I am a farmer, so I have lots of land around here, and my own small cheesy mx track.

how about you ?

05-07-2003, 03:46 PM
I love turkey bay, i mgoing for memorial day.....maybe ill see you guys there.

forum
05-08-2003, 09:33 AM
front shocks are the most important upgrade for a 400ex. Not only theat they are the best thing for your money. go for it. I garauntie you will be happy with your purchase. makes a huge difference. if you woried about the works quality call elka. BUt you shouldn't be woried if you only ride a few times a month

400exBro
05-08-2003, 09:40 AM
i had my work tripple rates for over a year now i think i might need a rebuild... these pupies don't handle 60 foot table tops to well...

they are a good shock, had no problems what so ever, deffently worth the cash, but if you got enough and do hard core mxing or xcing get the elka lts... they are amazing shocks i tell,... that is next on my list...