PDA

View Full Version : Who Makes a +1" A arm

JD400exrider
05-05-2003, 01:29 PM
I am looking at getting some after market A arms. Would like to stay with a +1 for the woods. I think Herman racing made some Does any other companies. I had my shocks set up for 1 1/2" wheel spacers at the time. I suppose i could go with +2 also. Does JD make a +1" Budget is around $500.00 +/-
Any help would be great.

Guy400
05-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Just about every company that makes a-arms makes +1's. You'll just have to shop around.

crap-banshee32
05-05-2003, 02:17 PM
everyone!!

Derek
05-05-2003, 03:39 PM
Yea, basiccly everyone makes +1's now. Most of them are in the range of 500. So your basiccly set.

rob-u/21
05-05-2003, 04:36 PM
you might want to check out http://www.tbrproducts.com they make really nice stuff.

03GNCC270
05-06-2003, 06:32 AM
TRY HOUSER THEY HAVE GOOD PRODUCTS.

JD400exrider
05-06-2003, 08:40 AM
Thanks guys. For the replies. For some reason I was thinking the +1 a arms were going to be hard to get. I see so many +2 ones out there. Just need to figure out which ones.

bmw500hp
05-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
I am looking at getting some after market A arms. Would like to stay with a +1 for the woods. Budget is around $500.00 +/-

John, Look at the JRD's they are on the website jrdmech.com...Let me know what you think. I have the +1" on my ex. The Jrd's utylize Roll's style.

Tommy 17
05-06-2003, 02:54 PM
i have +1 burgard and so far i love them!!!

if i had the choice again i would have got houser for the money but i got a killer deal on the burgard i couldn't pass up!!!

JD400exrider
05-06-2003, 07:01 PM
Burgard is one I am looking at. The Housers look nice also. I like the way the shock mount is beefed up and the cross bar on the upper arm. The houser arms are a +1 +1/2" They don't have a just +1 a arm. Also have looked at the JD performance They look like good quality. I should point out that when I say looking at it is on the web sites. Have not been able to see them up close.

It seems most but not all of the big shops and manufactures are on the east coast. I don't blame them. Cost of doing business in the golden state is $$$.

Mike thanks for the web site for JRD. Was doing a search today and could'nt find it.

05-07-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
The houser arms are a +1 +1/2" They don't have a just +1 a arm.

You do know there +1 wide and + 1/2 forward.... I have these and they work great in any condition... I don't think you'll dislike them if you bought them and took em for a ride.....:macho ,,,check out the got damn ground clearance on that mofo... I just installed new shocks and arm bushings so it's a little tight....no sag at all...LMFAO

QuadTrix6
05-07-2003, 03:36 AM
yea go with housers there awsome

JD400exrider
05-07-2003, 05:45 AM
Those do look sweet rico. Wondering what you were running. So the works shocks i just got and had set up for 1 1/2' wheel spacers should be close eneough with the +1 arms.

bmw500hp
05-07-2003, 06:13 AM
Wow...I am surprised Rico's 1" does not sag even though he has zps syle shocks......my jrd's +1's sag with my pep's and they are limited mass. It is 2"+ lower and looks it. It suspect it's due to the gullwing style. I would love to put those elka's on my arms for a few hours...they must be arse kickin! :D

05-07-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by bmw500hp
Wow...I am surprised Rico's 1" does not sag even though he has zps syle shocks......my jrd's +1's sag with my pep's and they are limited mass. It is 2"+ lower and looks it. It suspect it's due to the gullwing style. I would love to put those elka's on my arms for a few hours...they must be arse kickin! :D

Now that the shocks and bushings are broke in..and all the fresh PC is wore away in the moveable areas of the suspension..the lower A-arms are almost parallel with the ground...it has tons of sag and it is sweet....:cool: I'll have to get an updated pic of it now and compare it...

ZRacer
05-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Hey JD400exrider, I have been using Burgard +1 A-arms for Years, and they work great. Also, you are in luck. This month Burgard is running a special for Z400central.com. The price is only 395.00 for Standard Silver Vein A-arms in any width up to +3". Just tell him Harlen, sent you.

bmw500hp
05-09-2003, 01:16 AM
Burgards arm sounds like a fair deal. Worth a second look!

spropson
05-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Janssen makes two styles of a-arms. The cool thing is that they are both make of 4130 chromoly. You can get the MX-Tech arms in +1, +1 for $385. These use automotive style ball joints and have caster adjustment. Or you can get their high end arms (MX-Tech) for $599. These use heim joints to acomodate long travel shocks and are both caster and camber adjustable. And you can get any color at no added cost. Check them out at www.janssenracing.com

Pappy
05-09-2003, 09:22 AM
i dunno....ive seen some hack job a arms come thru here in the past 6 months. some of these "new" companies are putting out junk. ive seen "fill" welds so bad id hate to have to trust them. ive seen parts on the arm that looked like they should have been throw aways but somehow made it to the consumer:huh i will not name names cuz i dont feel like a fight.....but IMO you should stay with the better known names like houser...arens..burgard...leager...even lsr.

there are some arms that seem well made but extremely light:confused: a set of houser arms all boxed up weighs 16.5 pounds....i weighed a set this morning from a no name company and they were tipping the scales at 12.5 pounds:ermm: 4130 chromoly:confused:

please dont think im slamming anyone....i just tell ya what i see. i have to pc a set of arms that were sold to the customer as chromoly....right...more like schedule 40 pipe....they were supposed to be powdercoated...right....rustoleum all the way. $550 is what this guy forked out......becareful out there:cool:

spropson
05-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Dude, have you even seen a set of Janssen arms. These things are awesome. Granted, there may be some **** companies out there but do you think a company would guarantee their products 100% against bending or breaking if they didn’t produce a top of the line product like Janssen does? You should really check out a company and their products before you buy them or start flaming them. Just because a manufacturer produces a part that is a boat anchor or the most expensive part on the planet doesn’t always make them the top dog on the block. No mater what you buy you should check out the product and the company before pursuing your purchase. That’s just common sense.

05-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by spropson
These use heim joints ... and are both caster and camber adjustable..... www.janssenracing.com
I really like my Jansens .. ;) , best of all I can make changes if I want or need to :D

Pappy
05-09-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by spropson
Dude, have you even seen a set of Janssen arms. These things are awesome. Granted, there may be some **** companies out there but do you think a company would guarantee their products 100% against bending or breaking if they didn’t produce a top of the line product like Janssen does? You should really check out a company and their products before you buy them or start flaming them. Just because a manufacturer produces a part that is a boat anchor or the most expensive part on the planet doesn’t always make them the top dog on the block. No mater what you buy you should check out the product and the company before pursuing your purchase. That’s just common sense.

if your refering to my post ...did i state janssen arms:confused: i was refering to some of the hack companies that are producing suspension components on the market today. and id suffice to say that ive handled more a arms and have had a chance to see "whats under " the pretty colors then the average member here.

now...if you would like to describe what you have seen in the market place go right ahead. im merely stating facts that i have seen first hand. and i also have never done a set of janssen so i wouldnt begin to comment on them.

its your money you spend it like you wish, i will continue to support the better known companies that have continually supplied me with products that i trust in quality and workmanship. at 65 mph in the ruff stuff i dont wanna be wondering if something is gonna let go:(