PDA

View Full Version : Rezzie, or NO Rezzie, thats the question

250EXking
05-05-2003, 12:44 PM
if i were to get shocks, would it be wise to get rezzies with it. money is not an isssue. would it help out in the long run.. do they last longer with them. thx.

Bill Fuller
05-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Spend the money you wont be let down suspension is everything.Resiviors are the only way to go make sure they are piggybacks though,they are much easier to mount(fronts)

05-05-2003, 03:17 PM
if money's not an issue in anyway & you;d like to spend a little more than you have to than get the rezzies, if you'd like to save that $150 & get some other stuff than the shocks w/o rezzies are a great buy too. U cant be let down either way

crap-banshee32
05-05-2003, 03:37 PM
deffinitly go with the rezzis!!! there just better!!!

crap-banshee32
05-05-2003, 03:38 PM
well heck, if money is no issue, buy some without rezzis and some with and c which ones u like better!!!

05-05-2003, 04:24 PM
lol banshee, good idea

crap-banshee32
05-06-2003, 11:15 AM
get a few different brands too!! ,axis pep elka, just to c what u liek!!
oh yeah and while your at it, could u order me a set of axix LT shocks for my quad!!!165lbs rider!!!:D :)

breadman400ex
05-06-2003, 11:19 AM
that is what I was getting ready to say... if money isn't a issue.. I could use a set of works with rezzies for 180lbs rider with stock a arms

crap-banshee32
05-06-2003, 12:03 PM
oh yeah, with those axis!! u have +3 arms and +1 1/4 swingarm!! just so there set up nice!!! haha just playing man!! go with the shocks with the rezzis though, it will turn out better in the end!!!

breadman400ex
05-06-2003, 12:09 PM
heck... I just wish I had the money for some without rezzies... I would be happy as hell then... lol

crap-banshee32
05-06-2003, 04:33 PM
hahah yeah, well i guess i should be talking b/c i have a nice quad already!!(lots of room for improvement though) even though i just bought a hermann/ PEP long travel front end!!!

QuadTrix6
05-07-2003, 03:34 AM
Definetly get rezzies the shocks won't fade like stick shocks do. if you notice after some riding on the stock fronts shocks they get bouncy and easy to bottom... the more you ride them the worse they get, this problem would be fixed with rezzies ...good luck

redroost85
05-07-2003, 05:09 AM
If $ is no issue then definitely go with rezzies. I have had my Works (no rezzies) for about a month and they are a huge improvement.......but after about 5 straight fast laps around the track they start to fade a little. BUT, they are much better than stockers!:D

forum
05-07-2003, 05:33 AM
if you decide to go with LT. don't get the housers. The lobo style arm gives you more travel. . ALthough i have no ride time on my fronts because i screwed up and told them the wrong type of arms i had. I can tell you the rear is amazing. I had a tcs zps on my R and it doesn't even compare. I cased a not so big double but it was extremely steap and I thought i was gonna die but the thing took it like nothing. but Its still nice ands soft in the rough stuff. If you can ride some shocks. Axis,TCS, ELka, WOrks and then make your desision from there. Out of all them brands elka is the only on that offers biggy back though. im willing to bet if you'll like the elkas out of the 4 if if you put some good time on them.

nacs400ex
05-07-2003, 09:42 AM
If money is not an issue, why dont you buy a 400ex. You could sell your 250ex, and then get a 400ex with mods already on it. It would make more sense to me, because if your going to do lots of Mx I think a 400ex would be better for you. But its your money do what you wish.

bmw500hp
05-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by forum
if you decide to go with LT. don't get the housers. The lobo style arm gives you more travel. . ALthough i have no ride time on my fronts because i screwed up and told them the wrong type of arms i had. I can tell you the rear is amazing.

Hey forum...

I read you have jrd's and I also read that you had problems do to the pariculars of valving...SAME PROBLEMS FOR ME. I have jRD'S em too and was told only axis makes the "true" shock for the JRD XC 1" arm..Now as you know the geometry is identical per say to the Roll XC. My question, Does ELKA now make a shock to compliment the JRD XC or the ROLL XC.

Man, I couldn't be happier with the JRD's! but somethings missing in the shock area.....I think the arms have got more travel to give and the shocks are my problem....is this what you experienced......thought you might know..

Thanks man.