PDA

View Full Version : 400ex idle

Kilabanshee
05-05-2003, 11:55 AM
Can somebody show me a picture of were the idle is located on a 400ex. I looked all over my carb and i saw nothin that looked like the idle on my dirtbike. I lost my service manual about 2 months ago and havenot had time to get a new one

carlj75
05-05-2003, 12:01 PM
No picture, but look at your carb from the left side of the quad. The idle screw is mounted on a bracket which hangs down to the lower left side of the carb. It is a flathead type screw which you can turn with your fingers also. You'll know you have the right one if there is a black tube coming of the back of it.

AtvMxRider
05-05-2003, 12:01 PM
If your sitting on the quad look on the left side of the carb. There is a little knob with a small cable going to the catb. Thats it.

Kilabanshee
05-05-2003, 12:52 PM
Thanks alot does it look like u losen it with a flat head screw driver? i looked on the left side of the carb and i see what ur talkin about but it was tigtened all the way and it could barely idle do you losen the nut or screw to make it idle higher.

cals400ex
05-05-2003, 12:55 PM
yes, its the little silver piece that fits a flat head skrewdriver. you turn it clockwise to raise the idle.