PDA

View Full Version : Track design....

2000400EX
05-05-2003, 07:12 AM
Ok, I need some ideas. I finally got a buddy who has a vacant lot to let me build a track for my quad. The lot right now is just an open field and it covers about 3 acres...maybe. Anyway, I have the use of a tractor with a bucket on the front so building it won't be a problem. I just need some ideas as far jumps, burms, whoops, etc. Any pics of your homemade tracks or help on the overall design would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

p@iNn3ck
05-05-2003, 08:42 AM
Cool, I was gonna ask about the same thing. Don't have a ton of room, but here's what I can work with. Now I gotta figure out what size, etc to make some jumps

p@iNn3ck
05-05-2003, 08:44 AM
not sure about the ground be so uneven..... which way should I build the jumps?

gun32boarder
05-05-2003, 10:08 AM
3 acres is alot you can spread out you track alot lots of jumps and berms and if there is any slope changes you can build jumps onto them. depending on how good you can ride is how far you might want to build jumps. you might just want to build table tops it you just started out. its just your preffrence

ya im in the process of buildin a track on my propery but i have to go through swamp and woods so is hard but the good thing is that my dad is a landscraper and i can use his ecavator and a front end loader for my track and lots of fill from jobs i'll fill you in on it.

RoadkillerRyan
05-05-2003, 10:22 AM
you could build a nic double over that white area and a step up on the way back, or it doesnt even out?

Rip_Tear
05-05-2003, 12:20 PM
The uneven stuff doesn't matter, you can just dig though that. Make the track so it goes beside it self (best way I can describe it is a bubble E so your track kinda loops around...)

p@iNn3ck
05-06-2003, 03:48 AM
I didn't really want to carve into the hill, but was worried about the off camber stuff. Should the E go with the fingers upa dn down the hills?

2000400EX - is your lot flat? There's a page on Dirtworx site on building tracks. check it out

2000400EX
05-06-2003, 06:55 PM
yes the lot is fairly flat. who/what is "Dirtworx"? I went to a www.dirtworx.com but saw nothing on building tracks.

TRX250R
05-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Righty,i have a bit paper in front of me and drawing :)

I havent ever built a track (apart from games) but i have been to enough to know whats good and whats bad

GOOD:

Safe jumps, big TABLETOPS and nice faces.
High speed sections
nice flow
Big berms
FAST corners

BAD:

NEVER EVER have a track that consists of long straights and lots on hairpins and tight corners. just doesnt flow, In fact dont have alot of hairpins :devil

i will post what i would feel is a cool working track, of course you dont have to read this post, or even look at the track design :p

TRX250R
05-06-2003, 10:43 PM
if you under stand that then cool :)

p@iNn3ck
05-07-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by 2000400EX
yes the lot is fairly flat. who/what is "Dirtworx"? I went to a www.dirtworx.com but saw nothing on building tracks.

My bad, its dirt wUrx.. here's the link (http://www.dirtwurx.com/main.cfm?mc=track_build.cfm)