PDA

View Full Version : I Am Goin To Silver Lake....

Tommy 17
12-27-2001, 07:40 PM
hey guyz i need some help here i need to start planning on this trip i am makin to silverlake on july 4th so heres my questions...

1. will stock tires woke or do i need paddles remember this is for just a few dayz so if i don't need paddles i ain't gettin them...

2. is there a sound limit on the pipes at silver lake so will i need to put on a stock silencer bc i will have my mod on by then ...

3. does silver lake have a website...

4. mayb i can meet up wit a few exriders for some fun... if so let me know... the more the marrier...

JustRace
12-28-2001, 12:26 AM
That is a long ways away (the 4th of July). As far as stock tires. They work fine. The hills aren't to big, but not small by any means. I have heard rumors of them going to a db limit next year. I actually just asked the MI dnr and they said they would get back to me in 3-6 business days. The Silver Lake website sucks. Just search the internet and you will see.

And if I don't have to work then I would go there with anyone any time.

This is a poor quality picture of me at silver lake this past summer.

moto93
12-28-2001, 08:49 AM
1) Stock tires work great just air them down a little (2 lbs.).

2) I think the sound limit for 2002 is 94 dbs. and you have to have a spark arrestor.

3) Silver Lake Webpage (http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/ParkDetail.asp?LinkID=110&sec=camp&ParkID=63)

4) Sorry, but I stay away on all the holiday weekends. More is NOT merrier!

thorspapa
12-30-2001, 01:38 AM
We were out there this past summer in August, midweek. The park rangers came over to "chat"with us, we had a 250R with (thank God) spark arrestor muffler, a CR125 with same, ditto for a CR250. They checked the SA on the bikes, then told us about the limits for next year, but did no "courtesy checks", having no sound testing equipment with them. When I got home I did my own check per their specs (the 20" test) and got 110 db on the CRs at half throttle and 107 db on the 250R at same. Interesting enough, the 400EX stock checked at 89 db. The park people did tell us that a stock ehaust bike/quad will make the sound test, but stock exhaust MX bikes will not.
Oh yeah, the bikes had stock MX tires and I had radials in front and 18" Turf Tamers in rear. It takes me a while to get going, throwing lots of roost, but once moving it was fine, climbed all the hills and got all the air I wanted (not much):D

01-22-2002, 07:06 PM
Me and 3 other 400EX's will be there on july 6th for a week. Don't forget about the voucher system! We're coming from the Twin Cities.

thorspapa
01-22-2002, 09:42 PM
My vacation plans are now in stone, we'll be at Silver Lake June 24-28 and again August 12-16 or 19-23, unless our Little Sahara trip comes through (meaning: wife agrees to drive out West).
Look for two quads and two bikes: yellow 400EX, white 250R, and two Honda CRs. :D

skull
01-24-2002, 05:51 AM
I would avoid the holiday weekends, WAAAYYY too many people!

I also heard 94db is going to be the limit this year. I'm at 97db without the quiet core installed on my Pro Circuit T4, have not had it checked with it yet. I better pass or I'm gonna be bent. I think the sound thing is a load of crap. you can't even hear anyone riding when your in the lot, and the nearest house is at least a 1/4 mile from the lot.

1. will stock tires woke or do i need paddles remember this is for just a few dayz so if i don't need paddles i ain't gettin them... stock tires are fine just air 'em down.

heres a pic to wet your appetite :blah

thorspapa
01-24-2002, 03:09 PM
Skull, you're back! haven't seen any posts from you, or updates to your site for a while...:eek:

skull
01-25-2002, 06:16 AM
yea, them stinkin' chumps at homestead.com canceled my service on me. O well, I'll find another free place to build a site, I just haven't had time.

I haven't got to ride since October, and when I don't ride, I don't really talk about it so....

but, I want to get some ridin in this winter. got an itch when I saw all the snow, but now their talkin about a 50 degree weekend. that sux, the lake is going to melt, all the snows gone.:( I cant even go snowboarding:grr I'm kinda stuck doin nothin, all the snows turned into mud, and I don't have any front fenders. I'm ready for the summer so I can go back to the dunes.

thorspapa
01-25-2002, 10:28 PM
You'll probably be one of the first guys from this forum to hit Silver Lake this year, so post how the new sound testing goes afterwards if you can. I'm curious if they're going to make a big issue of this.
The new "no-sound" police is coming to get you, at a local riding spot.... soon. :rolleyes:

JustRace
01-25-2002, 10:42 PM
I was wondering how they are going to do the testing? Does anyone know if it is going to be random or are they going to check when you enter. The reason i ask is because if they check everyone going into the entrace where the little flag height check point is, that could majorly back things up.

thorspapa
01-25-2002, 10:58 PM
I know what you mean, they can't test EVERYBODY, but they could certainly point a finger and single out random victims.

It could very well fizzle out and get pushed aside, get postponed, or they could make as many "examples" of random machines as they feel it'll take for everyone to be miserable.

We'll just have to wait and see.:(

skull
01-26-2002, 04:07 AM
from what I understand stock silencers will be let in without a check. if you have a E.A.R. stamped silencer you will be let in without a check. aftermarket silencers will probably have to be pulled aside and checked, or have a seperate line.

yeah, we're already planning on going in April. but, last time we went that early, there was nobody working there. no one to take our money, check our stickers, nothing. the gates were wide open. so, I don't think this year will be any different. they probably wont have people checking sound untill well into May.