PDA

View Full Version : big gun exhaust problem

glowinzr2
05-05-2003, 05:55 AM
ok i just go my full big gun race exhaust for my 400. and i have a problem. the head pipe does not meet the slip on and the pipes that connect together arnt the same size. the head pipe is about an 1/8 inch bigger than the slip on. i got it online and the exhaust was shipped directly from big gun. i know im supposed to contact the guy i got it from and i did, he is just really slow atreturning my e mails so i was wondering if thre are any suggestions on this. heres a pic of the prob.

glowinzr2
05-05-2003, 05:56 AM
ok i cant get the pic up for my life. if ne one knows how i can send it to you via e mail

MIKE400EX
05-05-2003, 08:02 AM
Sounds like you got the wrong slip on, you need the race slip on to go with their front pipe. The local dealer did that to me 2 years ago too. BTW, you can put the quiet core in the race slip-on, the only difference seems to be the slip-on extension pipe. Call Paul at Big Gun 1-800-870-4461, maybe they can help!

cals400ex
05-05-2003, 01:10 PM
my friend has a big gun silencer also. once you buy a slip on, you can't get the big gun header because they are different size. if you bought them together, they most likely sent you the slip-on silencer instead of the one for the complete system.

glowinzr2
05-06-2003, 11:38 AM
thanks everyone i called big gun and they are sending me a new silencer as i am writing this.