PDA

View Full Version : ahhhhhhhh damn

forum
05-05-2003, 05:53 AM
Its confirmed. Yamaha will be realeaseing a new quad come june 5th. It will have a wr450 5 gear transmision and electric start with added revearse and the Yz450 topend with posibly the yz Cam. It will also feature rebuildable shocks but i can't think of the kind they are.Because it will be such a high performance engine there will be no waranty. (reason why the raptor is down tunned) All this information was given to me by a yamaha dealer/representative. He claims he saw it down a hall. The information he gave me is posted above. But he said he could tell me no more. the reason i Said "ahhhh damn" is because i just spent alot of time building one!!!!!!!!!. grrrrrrrrr. o well. I got mine three months early. If anyone else has info tell it. and make sure its a relilable source. Dont tell use somehting a friend of a friend of yours told you.

QuadTrix6
05-05-2003, 05:55 AM
HONDA where are you !!!! release a dam quad already :( :mad:

forum
05-05-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
HONDA where are you !!!! release a dam quad already :( :mad:

It'll come. and if it doesn't I wont be a loyal honda man. As of now i build/buy what is the best cost effective way to go fast and honda has lost their. although id rather have a honda then any other. If the honda is slower then im goin with the other.

ridered86
05-05-2003, 05:59 AM
good im glad now honda will definately step it up, im holding out.

Ride Red

trueblue450
05-05-2003, 06:11 AM
300's going for sale
:D

JHF219
05-05-2003, 06:21 AM
well it looks like i missed the mark by a few days i was informed we would see it in may but now looks like shortly after may it will come out !!

Pappy
05-05-2003, 06:25 AM
ummm....a yammy in the garage...:devil

trueblue450
05-05-2003, 06:33 AM
wouldn't they make a bigger deal about it if they are releasing this thing in the next few months.

JHF219
05-05-2003, 06:39 AM
they are all hush hush about it !! i could almost bet that they did the same thing they did when they released the yz250f i bet they disguised this thing as a craptor and thats why no one has pictures of it !! for the honda people rumor has it you will get yours in December !!

UglyMotha™
05-05-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by forum
All this information was given to me by a yamaha dealer/representative. He claims he saw it down a hall.

i'm not out to bash or anything but i don't consider a dealer to be a reliable source thru the years i've come to a realization that those guys don't know **** just last week i had one at norris honda tell me that i should have never chrome plated my a-arms cause it adds to much weight:huh but i have heard the rumors about the new yami quad but i don't expect it to come unitl late fall yamaha has never been good at keeping there new quads secret and i think there would be more talk than there is right know specially if it was coming out next month:confused2

Pappy
05-05-2003, 06:48 AM
well i think it is comin out...maybe the date is a lil off. i would imagine this quad will replace the shee and the rapturd. my source has told me about it....sounds like a sweet ride....but i dont think its gonna be the end all and be all of quads

JHF219
05-05-2003, 06:53 AM
I do think that this new Yammy is going to be able to hold its own on the track !! i think yamaha is going to make something that will be fairly race ready right out of the box if not completly race ready !! i think yamaha is out to dominate the Pro Production class !! They have the Power plant and the know how to build a KILLA quad !!

thomas
05-05-2003, 07:34 AM
Told you so!!!! (Forum)
Bank (426 Houser) got beet!! By a 330. Ha Ha
Now he blames it on the bike, looser.

Fleshwound
05-05-2003, 09:36 AM
oh yeah?
so petker won that second race?
thats good to see that bank has got a challenge this season...
thomas that old bike of yours is sick...cant wait to see your new ride

05-05-2003, 09:44 AM
I think it will replace the legendary banshee. The raptor will stay. IS uglymotha a girl????????:confused:

RuffRyder400ex
05-05-2003, 09:49 AM
the new yamaha should be good. now honda needs to do somthing about this

cudaman
05-05-2003, 09:52 AM
i think it should replace the craptor. keep the shee. but with all the crap about 2 strokes not being able to be sold soon. it will prob take the place of banshee. o well. i like hondas anyway!

UglyMotha™
05-05-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by bobby88
IS uglymotha a girl????????:confused:

:huh WTF :huh is wrong with you boy, that's the second time you asked that

400exBro
05-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Bank is blaming the bike that he lost??

ya i guess i am going to wait and see what happens in the next couple of months and see what will happen...

lil400exman
05-05-2003, 10:50 AM
i'll keep my r thanks.................nuttin beats em on the track...................:devil

Glow Plug
05-05-2003, 10:58 AM
i think honda will be holding back for a while just to get a good feel for their new quad and put it though the tourcher test's it's still gonig to distory the yamamy when it comes out :D

forum
05-05-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by thomas
Told you so!!!! (Forum)
Bank (426 Houser) got beet!! By a 330. Ha Ha
Now he blames it on the bike, looser.

Tommy. YOur a little to harsh there buddy. Bank got beat only because petkir practices that track all the time. He told me it was his ankle that was bothering him. And in sand a two stroke will always have and advantage. Whats your excuse gonna be when my little 426 beats your big ktm at the end of the moto?? :eek2: lol. Not to mention that a 330 isn't even in the same class as a 426. And once it gets that close its all rider that makes the difference. My shocks should be back by the next scheduled race and My bike should be ready to go again. You better be used to that ktm cause my target is set on you! lol.joking. I guess theres gonna be one more person(you) ahead of me at the races. ahh damn.
but if bank did blame it on the bike then thats sorta stupid.

forum
05-05-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha
i'm not out to bash or anything but i don't consider a dealer to be a reliable source thru the years i've come to a realization that those guys don't know **** just last week i had one at norris honda tell me that i should have never chrome plated my a-arms cause it adds to much weight:huh but i have heard the rumors about the new yami quad but i don't expect it to come unitl late fall yamaha has never been good at keeping there new quads secret and i think there would be more talk than there is right know specially if it was coming out next month:confused2

no i don't... But considering I've heard it from a few dealers. and a . and through the grape vine. All saying basically the same thing. I'd have to bealive its partially true. This guy isn't your avarage dealer. Hes a factory supported snow cross race team guy thingy. lol. and a elka REP. He also supports some motocross riders and one quad rider. It's always good to have someone on the otherside of the fence

brokenhalo
05-05-2003, 11:30 AM
so what

Glow Plug
05-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by brokenhalo
so what

your mxbubs girlfriend right?

it's pretty much what he spent his money for :rolleyes: girls these days

forum
05-05-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by brokenhalo
so what

:ermm:

reeeeerr(the sound a cat makes)

I think your just out to get everyone that enjoys quads now.

Rip_Tear
05-05-2003, 12:01 PM
Well atleast some company is doing something. Honda is supposed release theirs in December (Which I believe). So thats 2 people who go info from their dealers telling them that, even though dealers really don't know much... :p It will all show in time...

yamahaCal
05-05-2003, 12:30 PM
bye bye to my craptor >=D

cheetah
05-05-2003, 12:33 PM
Let's just face it, blue has always been faster in a straight line and red has always been faster on the track. I don't know Honda's slippin and I'm almost gonna bet my next bike won't be red.

Ryan
05-05-2003, 12:44 PM
If honda doesn't come out with something soon, I might be buying another Yamaha :ermm: .

yamahaCal
05-05-2003, 12:52 PM
guys bottum line is.... every comapny makes SOMETHING nice some of it is just faster than others... points to name

JHF219
05-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Yeah but i think with the success of the new Pro production class yamaha is going to pull thier heads out of thier ***** and build something worth racing not that i have any problems with thier previous quads my blaster(first quad ever) was indestructable and then i bought my banshee and raced it but it wasnt a good enough handling chassis or anything like that i think now yamaha is seeing the success that kawazuki is having and they are probably going to be copying something like that in the frame design!! so there you have it a good handling chassis then on top of that you have one of the most POTENT motors on the market !! i dont know about the whole reverse thing but ok it will be good if yamaha decides to sponsor a XC team or some pro rider in the pro production class uses it for XC!!

JTRtrx250r
05-05-2003, 01:02 PM
hope they dont use a Warrior frame,lol.....j/k(kinda):blah

JHF219
05-05-2003, 01:04 PM
warrior is not a bad chassis but its by NO MEANS the worlds best either !! im thinking they will redo it all !!

400grl
05-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Awwwwww...come on you guys!!! You can't just buy whatever new quad somebody comes out with as soon as it comes out! Especially a first year Yamahahaha - and WITH NO WARRANTY!!! Although, Yamaha's warranty has pretty much been the same thing as no warranty....(oooo bash bash bash :devil )

I drool all over the new fast chit just as much as anyone......and I'm sure I'll leave some on whatever Yamaha comes out with (I heard something about it replacing the Warrior) - but if you guys go out and get something now, and then Honda pops the big ONE out.....do you know how painful that will be? Cycle Trader better get ready for some serious quad swapping soon, I think!;)

My theory, which doesn't mean crap BTW, is that Yamaha is rushing to get something out before Honda does.....they know people have been chomping at the bit - and my theory is that whatever is released won't have been as thoroughly tested as some other quad that will be coming along.....just so they can get it out first.

So....ummmmmmmm....back to you guys! Carry on!;)

Nausty
05-05-2003, 05:00 PM
dang, I better get to work so I can buy a crf some day.

forum
05-06-2003, 05:33 AM
i do see a lot of your guys point. "just wait somthing will come out thats better in the next year" But thats the way it should be. Something allways will come out better sooner or later. And now with the atv market booming we will see them comion out faster. Just like the bikes. Its just that we've been so used to not having a new machine for years at a time. When i decide i want a new or another machine Im buying the best at that time. I wont wait. Unless a quad is severly back ordered. I was told this new yammy will be severly back ordered. And not many people will be able to get one. so the dealers will sell them for atleast MSRP which is as you guys know way to damn hi. So im just gonna wait and see. I hope its good. and if it Is I'll have one for next season as a back up or play bike. as long as it not better then my 426. which i doubt it will be. (maybe faster) But then again i am going to college so that could put a pickle in my new atv fund. I hope it doesn't look anything like the pred or z tho. I thik they are both ugly especialy the pred. Hopefully it looks simalir to the 250r but with a little more flare. all these new machines remind me off bugs.

JHF219
05-06-2003, 05:41 AM
Ok i dont want to bash on honda that is not the intent of what im about to post so please dont get all testy !! i feel that the new yamaha is going to flat out SMOKE the honda that will be released!!!! as we all know honda is way to conservative with thier power im not saying that the new one wont be capable of competing im just saying the new honda will be incredibly choked back and horridly underpowered for what is on there !! the yamaha is going to be BALLS TO THE WALL yamaha hardly ever chokes anything up minus the raptor and maybe a few others but look at yamaha when they released the Shee in 87 they werent scared they knew they could do it the shee is a rip roaring two stroke beast and has been since its release i dont think or even remotley believe yamaha will choke thier new quad back at all!! its going to RIP!!

400grl
05-06-2003, 05:43 AM
Yeah - I have to give Yamaha credit for two things....their power (the Rappy's are so much fun in that dept!) and their styling. I like the look of Yamaha's stuff! I'm sure their new quad will be great in both depts.........

Pappy
05-06-2003, 05:45 AM
if honda would just release a full race crf quad id be happier then a puppy with 2 peters:D

400grl
05-06-2003, 05:52 AM
lol!! What a visual! LOL!:D

JHF219
05-06-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
if honda would just release a full race crf quad id be happier then a puppy with 2 peters:D

a puppy with 2 peters where the hell did you get that at?? :ermm:

Styling ?? hmm i personally like my R looks over my banshee but that is just me !! but i do have to give credit from the front looking on the Rap looks really damn stout !!

Pappy i dont think your going to get a full race CRF i can almost bet your going to get a 400ex chassis with a CRF block and some sort of different head mods or cams or something that is really going to conserve the power of the beast within !!

Pappy
05-06-2003, 05:55 AM
well i dont really wanna hand yamaha my cash....but if honda doesnt do something spectacular then i will buy the yammy if it has potential. im not buyin one just to buy it...the SOB better handle on par with a modded R. the friggon factories have had 15 years + to build well handling quads...and what do we get...the raptor and the z400. both could be much better

UglyMotha™
05-06-2003, 05:58 AM
ya, i guess ya gotta give credit to yami there machines have never been lacking in the power department, they just don't handle worth a crap:huh

400grl
05-06-2003, 06:00 AM
oooooooo.....could you imagine the beastie we could buy if Yamaha and Honda merged like Kawi/Slowzuki did.......:cool: :D One can only dream.......

400exdad
05-06-2003, 06:03 AM
I'll bash Yamaha. Happily too! They sold the heck out the Raptor! In the fall of 2001, we went out to Little Sahara. They were everywhere and outnumbered the 400EX's by at least 3 to 1. The Raptor was in its first year and the 400 was in its 3rd! Yamaha repaid its customers with not supporting their product, poor warranty coverage, problems that are still not repaired in later years and lame procedures (read starting) to reduce failures. I wouldn't buy anything that said Yamaha on it... :scary: unless I find a really good deal on an old YZ250... :)

forum
05-06-2003, 06:14 AM
everyone can have there theories but we all gotta just wait and see. yamaha isn't as relaible as honda. And neither are any of the other brands. Thats just the way honda is. But if the yammy's bettter. then its better. the 400ex is a rock solid peace of machinery. thats why I have one as a back up. I beat the pi$$ outa mine last year and it still ran when i sold the engine. They just run like a top.. I agree on that.

knighttime
05-06-2003, 06:15 AM
sux :scary:

forum
05-06-2003, 06:51 AM
In an earlyier post I had said my Elka's wornt working well. My exact words were working like garbage. I was upset about other things so i took it out on my shocks. But. the rear IS working amazingly!! and the fronts are working ok. It was my fault why the fronts wernt working. totaly my fault. I had told them i was running housers when infact im running Lobo 2 style jrds. whitch makes a diference. The fronts still need more work but in now way should i have bashed them so bad. I apologize to elka and yahn. I've talked to other shocks companies and no one treats you better then elka. and If doug roll recomends ELka then they gotta be one of if not the best. Im sure a few of you people think elka told me to write this but that is not the case. In fact Yahn did say he say my post but still treated me with the utmost respect and helped me with everything. Im waiting for the phone call back as we speak. I will be a loyal elka rider for years to come. I just gotta remmeber to make sure i tell them exactly everything they need to know. I will give you a ride report when they come back from the shop. And will try and get a ride on a set of axis to compare. But like i said. the rear is better then anything i've tried so far. and i havent even touched the comp or rebound adjust yet.

I feel extremly bad. Elka has really been good to me. and i was acting like a child. thank you Yahn and Thank you Elka. By the way. If you read this yahn. please send me some huge elka stickers so i can putt them on my truck/trailer.

knighttime
05-06-2003, 07:02 AM
:huh

Pappy
05-06-2003, 07:03 AM
ummm.....forum you ok:confused2

JHF219
05-06-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
ummm.....forum you ok:confused2

Um im lost ?? anyone else :ermm:

UglyMotha™
05-06-2003, 07:09 AM
he's kissing sombody's ***

forum
05-06-2003, 07:10 AM
yea. im good. Just pissed at myself. WOuldn't you be?? I just got off the phone with yahn. He said the housers have alot less shaft travel and overall travel and are valved alot heavier. SO I TOTALY SCREWED UP. Partially because one of my other sponsers told me the shocks are the same betewn the houser and roll's. wow im mad at myself.

forum
05-06-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha
he's kissing sombody's ***

In every post i've seen you post your saying something negative. Get a life. i made a mistake. Im trying to fix it.

monkeyboy
05-06-2003, 07:12 AM
yea. im good. Just pissed at myself. WOuldn't you be?? I just got off the phone with yahn. He said the housers have alot less shaft travel and overall travel and are valved alot heavier. SO I TOTALY SCREWED UP. Partially because one of my other sponsers told me the shocks are the same betewn the houser and roll's. wow im mad at myself.

iz 0k furom we all ak stuped sumtimez:)

an i jus add'd uglymomma 2 my *** kikin liss:mad: :macho

forum
05-06-2003, 07:13 AM
thanks man.

UglyMotha™
05-06-2003, 07:17 AM
In every post i've seen you post your saying something negative. Get a life. i made a mistake. Im trying to fix it.

:huh i am by no means negative in any of my posts (cept for maybe this one)

straighten your tampon and simmer down:rolleyes:

forum
05-06-2003, 07:18 AM
your last post proves my point. Not to mention the countless others. if you any older then 12 it would surprise me.

UglyMotha™
05-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
iz 0k furom we all ak stuped sumtimez:)

an i jus add'd uglymomma 2 my *** kikin liss:mad: :macho

:uhoh:

UglyMotha™
05-06-2003, 07:23 AM
your last post proves my point. Not to mention the countless others. if you any older then 12 it would surprise me.

your right i won't argue i do have countless negative posts ban me now

400exBro
05-06-2003, 09:53 AM

well i guess you solved the elka crisis... i didn't think the shaft was already bent... Yes please tell us how they ride when you get them back... for a second in the other post you made (ontario race #3, pics) you said they were garbage and i would of went with tcs quad rate shocks, but now i am thinking about elkas again... time will tell...

Back to the yamaha thing, do you really think that it will be as fast or close enough the yzf 426?? i have a felling that it will be only a couple hps more then the z or raptor... It will be just another stock machine, Cannondale and Polaris so far have had the best out of box race quad avaible... i highly doubt that this will beat Banks houser 426 or even Forums 426... when it comes out and they do the reviews and i have personely riden it i will decide on what i will do... New yamahaha or build it my self ....

forum
05-07-2003, 05:18 AM
Thats a good question bro but I have no Idea. We just gotta wait. Yamaha always makes nice stuff. just no as reliable as the honda's. But I would be willing to bet that it'll be more powerfull then the z400. Im thinking on par with the pred or rappy. posibly more. But thats just my guess. Lets all hope it is. Cause if it is. the quad market will jump ahead that much faster. Compettition makes everything better.

DEAL
05-07-2003, 10:11 AM
Yamaha - Warrenty = a big mistake.

balla250ex
05-07-2003, 12:50 PM
Ok, if yall are saying that Yamaha mite be disguising their new quad as a raptor to keep word from spreading, how do yall know honda has'nt been testing a new quad with 400 plastics??:huh

And another thing, No matter if Honda never comes out with a new sport quad, I will always be a Honda-holic. I'm not sayin I mite not buy sumthin faster than the 400ex, but Honda will always be 1st in my book!

bansheeguy77
05-07-2003, 01:07 PM
well i dont believe it till i see it on yamaha.com or a more reliable source....but if it is true thats so awesome i will be back to blue...hondas cool and all....but yamaha is #1 to me....now with all the negative crap goin around....who kept sport quads goin? sure as hell wasnt the 300ex....which is all honda offered for 10 years. yamaha kept it going and they kept the sport atvs going. The sales of the banshee were very high for a reason. So to me honda turned their backs on us for 10 years....