PDA

View Full Version : Grey OIL!

kaneman23
05-05-2003, 04:34 AM
I changed my oil this weekend and it looked like Grey paint! My brother changed his and had the grey paint as well.. We both did a few deep creek crossings on our last ride. Could it be water in the oil? The Quad is running great so I don't think there is any damage. Has anyone else had this happen?

UglyMotha™
05-05-2003, 04:43 AM
yup, that is water in your oil it will turn grey and get milky you need to change it imediatly run it until it gets hot and change the oil again

Pappy
05-05-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha
yup, that is water in your oil it will turn grey and get milky you need to change it imediatly run it until it gets hot and change the oil again

YUP:(

kaneman23
05-05-2003, 08:05 AM
So I should change it again?

It looks clean now....

KY Woods Rider
05-05-2003, 08:28 AM
Just to be on the safe side I would ride it around a bit and get it up to operating temp once or twice and change it again (and the filter too). Water isn't a very good lubricant and it doesn't cost that much to change it again and not have to worry about it.

wilkin250r
05-05-2003, 08:31 AM
Water is really bad. Obviously you need to change it imediatly. Then run the snot out of it, get it really warm (and stay out of the water this time) then change the oil again. Then, run the snot out of it again, and change the oil again. You don't want to take chances. It's not going to hurt your engine to change the oil five times, but it will hurt your engine to have ANY water left in there.