PDA

View Full Version : dose anyboy have super swamper thornbirds on your truck??

foxracingboy
05-05-2003, 02:50 AM
Do you like them and how good are they?

aproy
05-05-2003, 03:26 AM
i used to run them on my truck. they are one of the best looking tires around. they arent worth the rubber they are made of on the road, especially if its raining. their mudding capabilities are alright, not as good as the SSR's im running now. i threw 3 lugs off of them in the first 2 months (the thornbirds i mean)

so if you are not driving your truck much, they are great. if you have a small lightweight truck (s-series or something) you will find an even rougher ride due to the bias ply rubber, not being radials.

Stock98EX
05-05-2003, 05:43 AM
Look great but suck on teh raod and wet weather. Get a radial SSR or some Pro-Comp Exterrains.

PhilMoore
05-05-2003, 06:14 AM
I have 31" Thornbirds on my '83 Toyota. I could only pull 5th gear if I was going down hill. :)

They are a very heavy tire, and the shops around here had no clue how to balance them. They rode terrible, and they were a little noisy, but not bad. The dealer I bought them from, recommended I not drive over 55mph with them. The truck would barely go that fast anyway, so that is not a problem.

If you are getting them, make sure you find somebody who knows how to install and balance them first. Don't have Tires plus insall them, then try to find somebody to fix it afterward.

They are the best looking 4x4 tire IMO.

03GNCC270
05-05-2003, 06:22 AM
I SELL THOSE TIRES HERE. I ALWAYS TRY TO TALK PEOPLE INTO SOMETHING OTHER THAN THAT TIRE. SURE THEY LOOK GOOD BUT THAT IS AS FAR AS THE GO. THE SSR OR EVEN THE NEW TRXUS WOULD BE ALOT BETTER FOR YOU.

hash1250r
05-05-2003, 08:11 AM
I had a set of thornbirds,they suck on road and are even worst off road.I have a set of the tyruss now and they are pretty nice tires.So far.