PDA

View Full Version : Right Engine Case Installation?

E400X
05-05-2003, 02:44 AM
Can anyone tell me if I have to use a gasket sealer on the gasket when reinstalling the right engine case or do i just use the gasket itself with no sealer? I had to take off the right case to get at one of the oil filter cover bolts that broke inside and i ordered a new gasket, but i wasn't sure if I had to use some type of gasket adhesive on it before i install it. I have a repair manual and it doesn't say anything about putting an adhesive on , but i just wanted to hear from others that have done it to make sure. thanks for the help.

TURBO-530R
05-05-2003, 03:00 AM
i have never used sealer on that gasket just male sure that it is lined up correctly

E400X
05-05-2003, 04:09 AM
thanks crash, I will just use the gasket itself then and line it up with the dowels pins on the cover.

MNTNMAN
05-05-2003, 04:39 AM
Thats what I did too. No leaks.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Yep just make sure that you get all the bolts lined up with the gasket holes :) I learned the hard way. :macho

skemp
05-05-2003, 11:42 AM
I like to use a light film of RTV silicone on almost all gasket surfaces. It helps the gasket stick to the surface when lining up bolt holes, and it is extra insurance against leaks. Trust me, put a motor back together and go to fire it up and watch oil come dripping out sometime, it will make you wish you had done more to seal it up. :D I can uh, imagine that would kinda suck... :o Happened too many times to me.