PDA

View Full Version : engine cutting out..HELP

Diedrich
05-04-2003, 05:07 PM
when i get to about 3/4 throttle it starts cutting out.. then when the rpms slow down it will kick back in...I have a modified rev box so i dont think its that..anyone got any idea what it could be? thanks

swamprider7
05-04-2003, 05:09 PM
Sounds like a jetting problem. What size main do you have?

Diedrich
05-04-2003, 05:13 PM
couldnt tell ya man..i have the dyno jet stage 2 kit in it. i have one jet thats wrong i know...they go by elevation ya know and i got one wrong i think

honda_man_300ex
05-05-2003, 01:14 AM
My first screw up was buying a used bike but after i got it rebuilt and a dg pipe on it the silly thing cuts out in every gear when you open it up or hold it at 3/4 throttle. i was told that it was jetted rich but even after adding them parts???? i got a dail a jet too and when i run it on a real rich setting it smoked and after i leaned it up it didn't. i haven't had a problem with the plug. any of you all know what to do tell me cause i need to fix it before i sell!!!!

mikey726
05-06-2003, 11:47 AM
I used to have a 300EX, and it sounds like the same problem I had. I don't remember the exact details but something inside the engine was bent(?) and would let the reverse lever float at higher RPMs, which would cause the reverse rev limiter to kick in. Try riding it and pushing down on the reverse lever with your foot and if it runs right, there's the problem. Until I got mine fixed, I wrapped a rubber band or two around the end of the lever and under the starter gear housing to hold the lever down.