PDA

View Full Version : Glamis was WINDY

Dune Surfer
05-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Well, I just got back from what should be my last trip to Glamis this season. Let me tell you it was a challenge. The wind was ripping pretty much all weekend. We couldn't have a fire, BBQ, or do anything outside. The sand was smooth though. It would pelt you hard on the ridges. My friends banshee blew the motor way out in the dunes. We were racing aroud a big bowl all the sudden clank clank clank and it was done. I had to tow him soooo far through the dunes. ( I just couldn't leave him out there) :eek2: I did get some good air, to much really. I landed so hard I bit my tounge and got whiplash. My neck is Sore. I jumped this table top a couple of times and it was great, so I hit it again in third gear pretty much pinned. I got some air!!! I landed perfect, all four wheels at the same time. The compression on the landing was brutal. I bottomed out all three shocks and almost hit my face on the bars. The guy I was riding with said I got air of the year for our groop. I paid for it:ermm: Last trip you gotta go for it.
Food for thought: the jumping is the easy part, it's the landing that kills.

Str8Wicked
05-05-2003, 05:17 AM
When the wind blows in Glamis it isn't worth the trip.. I learned that the hard way... One time we had to BBQ in a friends van with the windows cracked to eat.... I might be out there this weekend DuneSurfer so I'll let you know how it goes... I usually check the wind and weather schedual before i go, if it's gonna be windy I'll go to a local spot and not rick the wind in Glamis...

Tazz300ex
05-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Wow I just got done plan'in my last trip out to Glamis the 15th-19th..I got a buddy from sac that finally got time off to drivew down...we are heading out the 15th whenevder he gets here, could be the 16th early am and coming back th 19th..dude I hope the winds die down..that would SUCK if the woinds are kicking like that...............better check the weather channel before we go..hahha:p

AFTERMARKET
05-06-2003, 05:34 AM
SISSYS! It was fun. Yes the wind on sat sucked a little. It was a little set back. It was cold for that time of the year, We just stayed inside watched movies and played playstation 2 till the wind died down then it was on! I got some CRAZY shots of my friends Truggy skying!:D :D :D Also got a few pictures of a hundred grand H1 burred up past the doors with a snapped off a Arm and tierod.
Oh BTW any one want buy 99 fully lodaed salem 22 FT toybox? It's perfect for a smaller truck. I bought it when I had my dodge Ram 1500 on 35's Now that I have my F350 PSD I cant feal it behind the truck even when fully loaded.
I Am going to order a 38 or 40 foot fith wheel :cool: :cool:

Str8Wicked
05-06-2003, 05:42 AM
How much you want for it Aftermarket so I can get the word out to my boys.... Looks like this coming weekend will be nice as well. Hopefully my 400 should be back together... Got the Chrome cases, swing-arm, and a few other parts coming back from RIS any day now... My lonestars +2 arms are almost finished installing. The new chrome stem is on it's way but no biggie if it's not on for the weekend... My works shocks are on order now too but I figure will take about 3 weeks... Well if your rolling out hopefully we can get together.. you guys staying at the loop...

AFTERMARKET
05-06-2003, 07:04 AM
Ill take a loss and ask 8G if its your bro

Tazz300ex
05-06-2003, 08:09 AM
:blah Well its to late now it is planned and I am on the way soon..Hey let me know how it was over this weekend...I checked the weather and it says its supposed to pretty dern dialy..

Str8Wicked
05-06-2003, 10:45 AM
I'll hit up my boys... You have any pics with specs etc.. Is it just a toy box or does it have beds, bath, etc... Let me know....

erniejr@mindspring.com

AFTERMARKET
05-06-2003, 12:04 PM
Everything
http://www.affordable-rv-online.com/Forest%20River/Forest_River/Sierra/Toy%20Boxes/21TG.gif

Str8Wicked
05-07-2003, 05:12 AM
Sweet... I'll let you know soon... I wish I had the money right now.. I've been wanting one for those summer trips...

Glamis400ex
05-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Str8wicked,

Hey bro,

That toybox AFTERMARKET is talking about is sweet. Nice size for 2 quads and your lady. Didn't seem to even slow the F350 down 1 bit. Has a pull down bunk, 2 couches that fold out into beds, stove, micro, fridge a crapper and a shower...what else do you need?

Sorry AFTERMARKET, not trying to butt-in, just vouching for the condition and amenities of your ride...

worth 8g's if ya ask me...

BTW...does Jolly Green Giant come with??:eek:

Glamis

Str8Wicked
05-08-2003, 04:50 AM
Who is the manufacture of it.. Is it a warrior, tahoe, etc.

My boy is very interested..... I would love it but the wife would kill me if I brought it home... Anyways think I'm gonna start saving for a street bike.

AFTERMARKET
05-08-2003, 06:04 AM
Sierra by Forest river

Str8Wicked
05-08-2003, 07:53 AM
Cool I will let him know...

AFTERMARKET
05-08-2003, 08:01 AM
The trailer is in Brawley. SO if he wants to check it out let me know so I can make time to go get it

Str8Wicked
05-09-2003, 05:37 AM
Where in brawley is it... Thats a good idea thou keeping it there so you don't have t friggin tow it all the way over every weekend....

AFTERMARKET
05-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Its in a storage yard in Brawley and YES its WAY worth it if you go as often as I do

MikEXtreme
05-15-2003, 03:21 AM
Aftermarket,

How did your 1500 do pulling the trailer? I have a 99 1500 Suburban with 4 inch lift on 35s. Does your website have any pics?

AFTERMARKET
05-15-2003, 06:28 AM
Mike,
I had the Ram 1500, 5.9 360. with the K&N Intake system, custom ehx. 5 Inch lift on 35's and It sucked Gas Like nothing I have seen! I liked the set up of the truck But That truck sure did suck towing. Thats why I keep my Rig In brawley. But now with the F 350 PSD I will never buy a "smaller" truck again.
My WB On the Dodge was only 119" So im not sure about a longer ride on a 1/2 ton Chass. What will you be towing, And were in riverside?

Breyon55
05-15-2003, 07:33 AM
Str8.....what kinda bike you tryin to get? Cruiser or Rocket?

MikEXtreme
05-15-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by AFTERMARKET
Mike,
I had the Ram 1500, 5.9 360. with the K&N Intake system, custom ehx. 5 Inch lift on 35's and It sucked Gas Like nothing I have seen! I liked the set up of the truck But That truck sure did suck towing. Thats why I keep my Rig In brawley. But now with the F 350 PSD I will never buy a "smaller" truck again.
My WB On the Dodge was only 119" So im not sure about a longer ride on a 1/2 ton Chass. What will you be towing, And were in riverside?

Aftr - I am hoping to be towing your 22' toy box......I live in Orange Crest. I am looking at a F250 Crew Cab, need more power!

AFTERMARKET
05-15-2003, 11:04 AM
My Trailer?
Are you one of Str8's Bros?
Yes the Super Duty is one nice truck, I love mine. What motor are you looking at?
But with any Trailer make sure you get good trailer breaks.
Towing with out any is asking for trouble!
:eek2: :eek2: