PDA

View Full Version : New chain and sprocket size.

trueblue450
05-04-2003, 11:25 AM
After my good fortune of the chain poping off during the race, I say its time for a new one. The things tightend as much as it will go. Ive been running the same sprockets and chain for 2 years, so no big deal there.

I was just wondering what should I get.
I was searching and somepeople swear by the sidewinder and some don't and some swear by renthal and some dont.

as far as chains.. I'm looking at DID 520x68 (is that the right lenght?)

I'm looking at doing 13 front 37 rear... gearing soo any help on chain length and the best chains will be a great help..

Thanks.

trueblue450
05-05-2003, 06:09 AM
bump..

anyone.>

Ry_300ex
05-05-2003, 12:23 PM
i've read good things about DID chains, in fact i just got one for my 300 recently. And i think 68 would be a little short, stock chain length is 86 ( you prolly just transposed the numbers, right?), but i got 90 just to make sure it would be long enough. I did take ?2? links out though. Extra is better then not enough.
As for sprockets, i go with primary drive. They are cheap, and they do last well. And even if they do only last half as long as a renthal, they only cost a third as much.
And for sprocket size. Whatever you like. I have 14 and 38 with 20 inch tires, so it kinda evens it out to stock speed.

I hope that helps??
Ryan :)