PDA

View Full Version : PRM Skidplate problem!!

Poncho
12-27-2001, 05:43 PM
The holes on my skid are off a lot and I tried for an hour to put it on but is just too much off and prm has no warranty or refund on anything.I think i'm going to bore the holes out a little so it will work.What are your experience with PRM.They have nice stuff but I'm a little dissapointed.What do you think.:(

mitty_ex
12-27-2001, 05:51 PM
I had the same problem with my skid. Had to bore the holes out and also they do not provide the for bolts for under the engine. I guess you are supposed to be able to use the stock ones, but the 2 rear bolts were not long enough. I had to guy buy a couple. Other than that, I have had no problems with the skid. I think any time you get something that is mass produced like that there will always be little problems.

Poncho
12-27-2001, 06:08 PM
Yeah I understand but I couldn't believe when I read on the package no refunds and warranty.

mitty_ex
12-27-2001, 06:23 PM
I was po'd too. I wanted to just send it back. Then after I calmed down and assessed everything then made it all work. The PRM skid is one of the lighter ones out there and I've smacked some good sized stuff on it and no real damage other than scratches. I also noticed with my AC front bumper I had to monkey with one of the holes.

CHAR250R
12-27-2001, 06:54 PM
I put one on my 400ex and my buddy's 300ex. The holes were very close, but not perfect. Get out the round file!

kid300ex
12-27-2001, 08:44 PM
PRM skids are the best you can get out there, they may not always fit perfectly but when you get them on there they do one hell of a good job protecting your undercarage. I got everything PRM makes for the 300ex, even the rear cargo rack that holds 2 1 gallon gas cans and a cooler, i love that thing!! i've nailed trees with my desert front bumper and not a dent or bed yet!