PDA

View Full Version : fcr carb performace

Nausty
05-04-2003, 08:54 AM
hey all, I think i'm gonna have a chance at trading my stock carb for a fcr w/ a little money and was wounder what the power increase is like and if i'd still be able to ride wheelies? Power wise does it still come on smooth like stock and will it still idel?

RytM1
05-04-2003, 09:47 AM
You have nothing to worry about getting that FCR. I have only had mine out on the trails once since I installed it, and there doesn't seem to be any downsides to running it. It idles just like it did before, and the power this thing makes (at least with the 416) is a big-time improvement. Wheelies should be no problem, you'll actually probably have to work on keeping the front end down. The throttle response is awsome, and the power is there when you want it.

trx400ex
05-04-2003, 11:43 AM
nausty, if you can get this carb for stock and a little money you should go for it, i just sold my FCR and bought another stock one, one reason was money, the second reason was the slight hesitation everyone talks about, it was a good carb, i cant wait to get the stock one i just bought put back on and see how much power i lost....my next carb is going to either be a doug eichner edelbrock, or a 41mm FCR.....but like i said, if you get a good deal, jump on it

john308
05-04-2003, 12:36 PM
I really like my fcr. As far as a power increase, it really woke up the motor. There is a little hesitation if you go from idle to wot, but I hardley notice it while I'm riding. If you do get it, call up C&D and get the adjuster screw.

TURBO-530R
05-05-2003, 12:37 PM
what is the adjuster screw for ?

RytM1
05-05-2003, 12:49 PM
It makes fine tuning the carb a lot easier. There are pics in this thread of it installed, and uninstalled. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44761&highlight=fuel+screw

H_W
05-05-2003, 02:53 PM
I have had my fcr carb for about a month now, and I have to say that it is probably the best mod that I have made to my 400ex. It made a bigger difference in power than anything else I have done. I ordered mine from C & D Racing and I got them to install one of those adjuster screws for me. It was simple to adjust the air/fuel mixture with this screw and it just about eliminated the hesitation that everyone is talking about. I love it.