PDA

View Full Version : I need help!!

Shellz
05-04-2003, 05:58 AM
My quad wont start!! my bf wrecked it about a week ago and ever since it wont start. His quad is in pieces and he says we wont fix mine until his is done. well i'm sick of waiting. the thing is when you turn the key on the neutral light and everything wont turn on so i know its electrical. i am new at the whole quad thing and have no idea what to do so i need help!! i'm tired of not riding so i'm gonna fix it on my own so if anyone has a clue whats wrong with it please let me know and give me some suggestions.:ermm:

honda250xrider
05-04-2003, 06:02 AM
could be the battery, could be a short, could be a wire came unpluged when he wrecked it, it could be the stator, it can be many things when you turn the key on can you turn the lights on? or does any light turn on? can you try and pop start it, just have someone behind and push you while your on the quad and put it in 2nd gear and hold the clutch in and pop the clutch and see if it will start, if it does it probly is the battery

Shellz
05-04-2003, 06:07 AM
no lights turn on at all and nothing happens if i try to start it. yeah i think its the battery but what should i do. do i have to buy a new one? sorry if i sound like a total girl but i really have no clue what to do.

Narly R
05-04-2003, 06:27 AM
Hook jumper cables to the batterey and it should start! If it dont then ya know its the startor! Our warrior always does this!:rolleyes: Then check all the batterey connectios. Maybe charge the batterey for a while then you should be hittin the trails!!!!;)

05-04-2003, 07:31 AM
my cuzins 300s battery cable connectors to the battery things kept fallin off so when he started it he had to touch the metal to metal.. no lights would come on.. so he wrapped a little piece of wire around that to the battery and it worked fine. it could be a tiny thing. tell your bf to get off his ***** and look at it so you dont have to spend money if its something little.

05-04-2003, 09:46 AM
This is Shellz300EX'N Johnny G fixed my quad!:) thanks for the help though guys!!