PDA

View Full Version : pipes

sparks400
05-04-2003, 02:13 AM
hey i just got rid of my blaster so im comen from like two different worlds but i kno alot about z400, but what would be the best but no to expensive pipe be im loookin hmf. thanks
-sparks

4TraxRider
05-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Most pipes will help. Just get whatever you feel would make you happy. The HMF's on the EX's seem to be good performers, but ahve never heard of them on Z's.

05-04-2003, 03:39 AM
There was a review about that in 1 of the latest dirt wheels...and the 3 it recommended for racing applications were the FMF Ti-4, Duncan Racing Fat Boy 4, and the CT Racing Sonic...the winner of the best pipe was judged on the loudness and if it had a spark arrestor, they knocked out the DG pipe because it blew small flakes of silencer packing into the air, the runners up were both the white bros systems E series and the R-4...and the winner was CT racing and Pro Circuit...most of them liked the Pro Circuit...and about the HMF they said these exact words "Very good power hits hard from the bottom to the top jetting is good revs out smoothly strong power output installs easily nice fit and finish with unique yellow muffler canister a very good overall exhaust a bit on the loud side though".....so ill let u pick out of those ones ;)

sparks400
05-04-2003, 03:54 AM
so i should with the wbros, or the t-4, i like the t-4 , and the fat boy 4 there all nice pipes, and i have a z and me and my dad ahve almost 50hp in it with a black HMF. lets put it like this i want the bang for the buck u kno
-sparks

05-04-2003, 04:00 AM
there really isnt any difference between pipes unless u go with one of those bigger headpipe pipes like the ones CT racing or Sparks makes...and if u have 50hp already i doubt that a change in pipe would really make a difference unless u went with one of these...and even then u still wouldnt be able to tell a difference

sparks400
05-04-2003, 04:05 AM
im not talkin about the z im talkin about my 400ex im just goin to go with the t-4 or sparks thanks
-sparks

05-04-2003, 04:07 AM
OOOOOOOOOO...i would definantly go with the sparks...it is a way better choice for a 400ex

sparks400
05-04-2003, 04:13 AM
hahaha thanks geuss sparks is it geuss i gotta start saving
-sparks

05-04-2003, 04:23 AM
im buyin a x-6...all i gotta do is order it...my bday was awhile ago...it is my bday present ;)....so ill tell u what i think when i get it....1 of my friends has it and said that it is awsome so thats what ima get...they also make an x-4 its like a more acceleration pipe...jus depends what riding u do...but www.sparksracing.com has everything u would want to know....i think they r $489 without the spark arrestor and $548 with it...but that is also ceramic...the stainless still looks kinda stupid lol