PDA

View Full Version : Chain wont saty tight.

Narly R
05-03-2003, 06:33 PM
My chain on my r wont stay tight! Is is because im tightening it too tight and then it has to come loose, or it the housing for my carrier worn? But i see ex's with their chain really loose and it dont come off! So if my chain is a little to more than a little but not a lot loose will I still be ok? Thanks! I em going to get a new chain since mines broke now!:mad:

EvilJester400EX
05-03-2003, 06:45 PM
It could be stretched.

Narly R
05-03-2003, 07:37 PM
I was kinda thinkin that but I dunno? well see in the near future!;)

Pvt. Maggot
05-03-2003, 08:07 PM
duct tape the SOB back together. it will work. duct tape and hose clamps fix everything..thats how i fixed my sprocket hub anyway..lol :devil

Narly R
05-04-2003, 06:30 AM
Hmm I just dont think that would get the job done!:rolleyes:

RytM1
05-04-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Narly R
My chain on my r wont stay tight! Is is because im tightening it too tight and then it has to come loose, or it the housing for my carrier worn? But i see ex's with their chain really loose and it dont come off! So if my chain is a little to more than a little but not a lot loose will I still be ok? Thanks! I em going to get a new chain since mines broke now!:mad:
The chain should have about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 or so of play in it. This allows for the movement of the swingarm up and down while riding. If you are adjusting it so that there isn't much play in it, it will stretch a lot quicker than normal, as well as wear out sprockets, etc. faster. Also, if you make it too tight and it doesn't want to stretch, you take the chance of snapping it.

Narly R
05-04-2003, 10:24 AM
well i broke my chain and I know it wasnt too tight!Im going to get a new chain! I think the other on might have just been stretching!?:confused: