PDA

View Full Version : A Arm Swap?

Tweeked
05-03-2003, 12:36 PM
I've heard the 400ex a arms and shocks bolt onto the 300ex, but that the front sits too high and you need to weld the shock mounts about 2" above the original ones. I was just wondering if this setup would work fine with a lowering kit, would that solve the prolem? I don't have a welder and don't know anyone who does so I couldn't make new mounts.

Anyways,
Let me know if you guys thinkin the lowering kit would work just as good.

Thanks

Tweeked
05-04-2003, 11:42 AM
anyone know?

Pappy
05-04-2003, 11:48 AM
you can use the 400ex arms...and as you stated fabricate your own upper shock mounts...or buy a kit. im not sure if money is an issue but works can get you a shock that requires no modifacations.

Tweeked
05-04-2003, 11:55 AM
I don't have the equiptment to fabricate and weld new mounts so I'd have to find some that bolt on, thats when the lowering kit came to mind. Money is an issue so I can't go with the works shocks for now, anyways, let me know if you know of any place I can order mounts that bolt on. Thanks

swamprider7
05-04-2003, 02:38 PM
I make a mount kit that bolts on. Don't use lowering kits, they are not strong enough for jumping. My kit comes with mounting hardware, instructions, and of course the shockmount. It is very strong, all welded. $65 shipped to your door. PM me if interested.

Tweeked
05-04-2003, 02:45 PM
Awsome,
would you mind posting some pictures of your mount?

Thanks

WildCatRacer
05-05-2003, 02:40 AM
I used a durablue lower kit and it worked pretty good. you may need to drill some new holes depending on the shocks and a-arms you use. it is plenty strong enough too....I raced a full season on them last year. thats over 25 races in 5 months.

Tweeked
05-05-2003, 02:44 AM
That sounds like they do great, I won't be racing so they won't get a whole lot of wear and tear on them. I'll probly be using the 400ex shocks and A-Arms so will I need to drill new holes in them?

Thanks

WildCatRacer
05-05-2003, 03:58 AM
I dont know I use elkas and laegers. the bracket will give you a couple of hole options anyhow.