PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Warning!!

mikeboone
05-03-2003, 12:01 PM
I was contacted via e-mail from someone claiming to be from ebay and sent me a url for a FAKE ebay site! The real EBAY NEVER asks for any personal info through an e-mail such as drivers #--credit card #-etc. DO NOT give out this to ANYONE through e-mail. Take a look at the fake page in case you are sent one also. DO NOT give this person your info! http://www.ebey.tk/">Click

Black400
05-03-2003, 12:04 PM
have they scamed anyone yet? Is anyone looking for these guys?:confused:

mikeboone
05-03-2003, 12:06 PM
I just got the e-mail 5 minutes b4 I posted and have contacted ebay with this info.

crazybuffalo
05-07-2003, 08:40 AM
i havent got one yet but ill know it if i do

lil400exman
05-07-2003, 08:50 AM
thanks! good for posting this stuff and keep our fellow brother safe ;)

TDBRPH
05-07-2003, 09:29 AM
beware my account was taken over by some hacker in Italy...
I received a message saying my screen name and password had changed and I was like WTF........ Then he was using my feedback profile and trying to sell computer stuff off of ebay like it was me. Apparently peeps have been hacking in to ebay to passwords and the like. Finally got on a live chat with somebody at ebay and they got everything straightened out but it was scary to say the least. Lesson learned never take anything for granted...

Just thought I would share.......

Triston

DEAL
05-07-2003, 09:44 AM
Why do ppl hack?
Its kinda stupid in my opinion
Damn computer nerds...

Instinctz
05-07-2003, 10:05 AM
Some hack for challenge, others just to be stupid, among other reasons. He probably did not actualy do ANY hacking..

Not saying ebay is un-hackable, but he most likily put some program on your computer, like sub7, and then logged all your keys, and matched it to the current url that you where visiting.

Possibly he saw something you had for sale, saw your email, sent you some virus (you opened it) or he installed it automaticly... thats the easest way for someone to steal passwords, for someone who doenst actualy know how to hack anyways.

300exTJjeeper
05-07-2003, 10:16 AM
It for the challenge, hehe

Hello Wells Fargo:) :)

Guy400
05-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Mike, this exact scam was on the news about 3 weeks ago around here. There was a site setup that looked d@mn exact to ebay's site and they asked for personal information because they were updating their database. People would give their credit card number and they were had...

DEAL
05-07-2003, 01:05 PM
ahh it bugs me , why do people feel the need to invade other peoples privacy or steal their possessions?
Alot of honest people work so hard in life and have it taken away by some low lifes who didn't even finnish school or have no job at all.

Glow Plug
05-07-2003, 01:13 PM
another reason why i never plan to buy off ebay, hope fully nobody got scamed :(

mikeboone
05-07-2003, 02:49 PM
The link did work--it must have been shut down. Ebay contacted me and confirmed it was a bogus site and they are working on solving this. They told me they WILL never ask for any of your info through an e-mail.

BlazingYamahaYz
05-07-2003, 03:36 PM
i had something similar happen......after i put my bike on ebay and then the auction ended...within a few days someone took and pasted MY description with MY pictures and tried to re-sell my bike....and no it wasnt the guy who just bought it from me...conatacted ebay and now the guy is banned:)