PDA

View Full Version : Will it Fit? XR -> EX

Blackguywithouta400
12-27-2001, 12:05 PM
After someone sparked an idea today I started looking at the right side engine covers on the 400ex and xr400. Some racers buy the Hinson Cover because it allows them to change the clutch out without taking the side case off. Well this is already a feature on the xr400. The Hinson 400ex cover runs about 410$ complete with your color choice of removable cover. The xr400 case runs about 120$ plus 80$ for the separate cover if you wanted the really nice Hinson cover they want 150$ for that. So if it will fit for 200$ you could get the same functionality for about half the price really the only modification you would have to do is to block off the kick starter hole. Now the question is will it fit if somehow I brake my side case I will try it myself but maybe someone out there knows of a dealer with both in stock that they could look at and see if they will fit the 400ex. Just thought I would dig a little deeper. Maybe this will help someone out there save some money.:D

12-27-2001, 02:26 PM
Somebodies got their thinkin cap on today,,,,that's a great idea guyona400..:D I might have to check into that,, I wonder if I emailed hinson racing if he would give me an honest answer,,or just say buy mine...I'll check into that and keep ya posted..

Just emailed hinson I'll let ya know...:)