PDA

View Full Version : honda oil tank fix????

Pappy
05-02-2003, 03:16 PM
i just recieved in this new OEM honda tank today...and after stripping it i inspected the drain bolt area. is it me...or did they add a reinforcing plate:confused: i havent done one in a week or so and it caught my eye. my tank is at my shop and i cant compare it...anyone:ermm:

JOEX
05-02-2003, 03:54 PM
Mine doesn't look like that. Nice to see them fix a known problem:) I suppose a recall isn't going to happen though:p
How much do new OEM tanks run?

Joe

OutlawEX
05-02-2003, 06:37 PM
Y dont you get a CFM oversized tank or is this a customers?

Pappy
05-03-2003, 02:37 AM
i wanted a aftermarket tank ...but the headpipe will either hit it or be so close it would be unusable. this is rico's tank, his developed a crack. i inspect any oil tank for cracks once i strip them ...and out of habit i checked this new one....

im glad they fixed or attempted to fix that problem.....but id be happier if they would help people with cracked tanks out on the price or replacement of a new one.

NTPRacing#19
05-03-2003, 10:36 AM
why what is the prolem with the oil tanks??

Pappy
05-03-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
why what is the prolem with the oil tanks??

a chit load of them crack where the drain bolt spout meets the oil tank.

KY Woods Rider
05-03-2003, 01:54 PM
My '99 oil tank doesn't look like that, nor does my cousin's '99 tank. So far so good with mine (i always use a torque wrench though, so that may help), but my cousin's tank stripped. The drain spout ripped clean out of the bottom of his oil tank, but he had it welded back in and it has been fine ever since.

norrisboat
05-03-2003, 02:00 PM
I jb welded mine back together over a year ago and it has held up