PDA

View Full Version : My new sparks x-6???????

yello300ex
05-02-2003, 02:00 PM
today i went and picked up my curtis sparks x-6 from a local dealer cuz honda was taken too long to order it.Well its the new one its about 3 inches shorter and i like it alot.Then i looked at my header and all the places where they welded had all these blue and other colored rings..they didnt polish it or sumthin cuz my friends header doesnt have that s***...should i return it or is there a way to make that crap go away?

nacs400ex
05-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Sounds like the blue marks are from the welds ? I wouldnt really care too much, you know you could polish it yourself. I did my stock 400ex header and it didn't take long at all. I know its steel so I just put a bunch of clear coat on it. I dont care if it starts to rust because I will just get an aftermarket one.

shamisc
05-02-2003, 04:52 PM
You might have their stainless version. See if a magnet sticks to it. If it's stainless a magnet won't stick. If it's steel w/ceramic coating a magnet will stick. If it is steel, I wouldn't polish it I would take it back for a refund!!! B/C It WILL RUST!! Stainless is the way to go b/c the ceramic one will rust in a month or so!!! TRUST ME, ALL # OF MINE DID!!! POS coating process if you ask me!:grr

Honda Jay
05-03-2003, 11:10 AM
so you are saying to get the stainless steel version of the X-6 since the steel ceramic coated pipe WILL rust? Should I forget the spark arrestor also since it is more $$$? Plus, how does it sound?

lilpoppy
05-03-2003, 03:23 PM
If you will ever need a spark arrstor in the future then deffinatly get it with it already installed because it wilkl cost you an extra 100$ later on.