PDA

View Full Version : Electric or not?

Black400
05-02-2003, 10:59 AM
Do you like the electronics on all the quads now or would you rather them not have it? Like would you want an electric start or a kick starter. I would rather have with out all that ***** i mean they have electronics inside the clutch perch and lever on a 400 ex if you dont know enough to start a quad with the clutch pulled in you sould not even ride. I know you can take the thing out (which i have allready done) btu i think all this stuff is a pain in the *** when you work on stuff!:grr

250EXking
05-02-2003, 12:36 PM
yeah i like starting quads in any gear with the push of the button.

KASCHAK
05-02-2003, 01:56 PM
i vote for hate. how do you take off the box thing that clicks that when you pull in the clutch. ?

cheetah
05-02-2003, 02:02 PM
It's love/hate here. I don't like all that electronics and crap when I'm working on it and stuff like that. But I do like electric start and your headlights stay on fully bright the whole time whereas a two stroke would brighten as you rev it. Though it's nice not having to worry about if your battery is dead or not on a two stroke.

nacs400ex
05-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Well I changed my perch + lever to a magnum, cause I hate the stock clutch perch. I also took out my headlights cause I never use them. I think the 400ex would be cool if it had electric start as well as a back-up kickstart.

Black400
05-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by 400ex_kaschak
i vote for hate. how do you take off the box thing that clicks that when you pull in the clutch. ?

You take it out and cut the 2 wires that are in it and tie them together and put electrical taoe around them and your done.

White_Knuckles
05-03-2003, 10:42 AM
The only "electronics" I can think of on a bike is the CDI unit and yes, I love it ! The days of breaker points and manual timing adjustments sucked big. The other items are simply electrical interlock switches etc. not electronic devices as in transistors or logic chips.

Now my dishwasher with a touch pad and an LED readout is another matter. This is an application where electronics = more things to break. :rolleyes:

Lil90man!!
05-03-2003, 04:33 PM
i personally don't like all the electronics crap, the eletric starter and battery n headlights are good but anything after that is over kill, not on something u take out and beat through the woods, go through ponds and plain just beat on, my brother just got a new z400:eek2:. jeesh all the wires on the side of that motor we shoulda got a cannondale it would b just about as easy to work on:ermm:. i am gett'n a new 400(of some kind:blah ) soon, and wanted a z400 but all the electronics turn me away from it, its so high tech u have to be a certified computer technican or an electrician to work on it, between all the thrmostats and the cooling fan and brake light crap and reverse limiter crap and all those other wires that who knows what there for..:P but thats just my opinion:)

heavy_d
05-03-2003, 04:52 PM
i hate all the electronics on newer cars, it makes them very hard to work on, I have a 1985 Buick Regal and it didn't have to much computer s@!t, but i got rid of what it did have and all the smog pump crap too, runs better now. Have a 1968 Rochester 2-barrel carb on it with a manual choke.

KASCHAK
05-04-2003, 03:37 AM
thanks i think i might do that when i go out side.