PDA

View Full Version : Can you talk dealers down? and a few more questions

fiffer
05-02-2003, 09:47 AM
I am planning on buying a new 400ex in the next month, and i was wondering if u can talk there prices down. If you can i was wondering how far you can talk them down if the otd price is 5300. I was in there a few weeks ago and i asked if the could order me one because i dont want one that was on the showroom and they said u have to take the one there. I also said i wanted a red one(they only had yellow) and they said they werent ordering any more( i was wondering if that was forever or untill the 2004's come out). so I dont know what i am going to do. Please reply.

tait_gt2002
05-02-2003, 09:50 AM
Sure you can talk them down. More than likely the reason they "can't" order you one is because they are having a hard time moving the yellow one on the floor. You could always work the price down on that one and then with the money you save switch plastic.

fiffer
05-02-2003, 09:54 AM
i think they might be bsing so i would buy a yellow one. im getting a red one mise well get waht i want the first time cause when i buy plastic im gettin the ones of the ct racing 440 they are blue and white...SWEET.............

Tommy 17
05-02-2003, 10:13 AM
where are u in pa... try cernics or toms cycle in idiana and johnstown.... u can talk them down to 4900 out the door and any color plastic u want;)

Doibugu2
05-02-2003, 10:23 AM
Yea 5300 is too much otd for a 2003. Yea there is definatley some room to negotiate. And if you really want red, just go to another dealer. Don't give someone 5300 for something you really didn't want.

Be strong.

05-02-2003, 11:00 AM
That is too much, round here you get one for 4900 brand new with 200dollas worth of accessories.. or at least you could last month. ANY color you want;) :cool: .. sounds like your dealer doesnt like makin money. in my opinion its not worth it to buy brand new. you buy it and you right away lose 500 bucks if you had to sell it.

fiffer
05-02-2003, 11:10 AM
i thought the same thing but i really want a new one that noe one else has riden beaten etc. i am also going to keep it for a long time and not worry about having the newest thing. it was 5000 otd till the end of april but then it went up because u lost the 300 bonus bucks atleast thats what he described to me. i wouldnt mind traveling 2 hours max. if u know any cheaper dealers 2 hours from mercersburg pennsylvania. its in south central pa. i can be at the md border in 20 min.

fiffer
05-02-2003, 11:16 AM
the dealer i am talking about is twigg cycles in hagerstown maryland. my other close dealer is m and s cycle in chambersburg pa. and they want 5800 otd so i didnt ask any other questions. i heard juniata recreational has good prices but i couldnt get a hold of them on the phone.

TRX250X
05-02-2003, 12:23 PM
You can talk any dealer down usually. Whether it's a quad, car, truck, whatever. If they aren't willing to work with a customer, then I won't work with them. A lot of people don't realize that they don't have to pay the price that's on the sticker.

If you want to find a 400 cheap check out Chicago Cycle Center. They have new Z400s on there for like 4600 bucks, so I bet the Honda is less than that.

fiffer
05-02-2003, 12:26 PM
yea id like to go thought them but with shipping and financing and registration might be a hasle if u guys could help me go through the troubles and work with them i might concider it but shipping would kill me could i get in to a local area for under 5 g's

ThorChick
05-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by TRX250X
A lot of people don't realize that they don't have to pay the price that's on the sticker.

I was pretty stupid when I bought my 300ex and basically got f-ed up the ***** on the price. I didn't shop around and check for better prices anywhere else and didn't talk them down on the price. I think total I ended up being financed for $6200 on a 2002 300ex. Stupid,stupid, stupid!!! I'm going to own this quad for a looooooong time, and I outgrew it a year ago.:( Oh well, I'll never let that happen again. Live and learn....

I bet those salesmen are still laughing about that one.......:grr

L.Vegas400
05-03-2003, 05:12 AM
tell them your pay 5300 if they throw in all the gear you need or a full set of paddles or somting of the sort. you can buy or somtimes trade brand new factory plastics on ebay

tait_gt2002
05-03-2003, 06:34 AM
I dunno, they'd have to throw a LOT of stuff in for $5300. I don't really know what they are truly worth, but I wouldn't pay that for one. I was messing with the Suzy dealer who had a tent at the 3i show, he initially wanted $5400 and I had him down to $4750. Brand new Z400. If I wanted a new quad I would have walked away with it right there... You just have to know how to work people, for some it's natural for others it takes practice. Bottom line is DON'T pay more than you want to.

cam400ex
05-03-2003, 06:40 AM
last month i price an o3 and they were going for4300 out the door but didn't ask what color, but i'm located in springfield missouri.. hope that helps

Tommy 17
05-03-2003, 10:10 AM
go to cernics or tomz cycle... both are within 2 hours of u!!!!

cernics is in johnstown pa.... www.cernics.com 1800cernic5

or try tomz cycle in indiana pa...