PDA

View Full Version : Wb Rev Kit

Tweeked
05-02-2003, 06:12 AM
How many RPMs does the WB rev kit enable the 300ex to reach before cutting off, and should it only be installed on modified engines?

thanks

ridered86
05-02-2003, 06:21 AM
i think it lifts it 1000, just to make it so you are not riding the stock one and have it bog. i had one on my 400ex and to tell you the truth it was not hard deciding that i did not like it, for a 300 they may be different though.

norrisboat
05-02-2003, 06:26 AM
why didnt you like it ridered?

Tweeked
05-02-2003, 06:32 AM
yeah,
what about it did u not like, the price?

ridered86
05-02-2003, 06:42 AM
i dont know, it made the power have a different feel to it, but thats just my opinion. plus ive heard many engine builders do not recomend them. ohh and price was not an issue, i lost the first one i had off the stepside of my friends truck:( and the one i bought after that is sitting on my bureau in my room, made a good paper weight:blah

Tweeked
05-02-2003, 06:51 AM
haha, well I think since my budget is tight I wont bother about the rev kit.

Thanks for the help

danyeo
05-02-2003, 09:13 AM
My mods on my 400ex were Pro Circuit t-4, no air lid, K@N, and i rejetted the card by only putting a 155 on the main jet.
It ran fine like that but i wasn't that much faster than stock. It was time for me to get my valves done and i had this local mechanic do it and i also had him redo my card, he said he changed the needle postion and pilot jet. After that it NEVER ran right. It sputtered when revved high and backfired. I tried every main jet from a 150 to 170 with different results but it never ran right. I ran with a 165 and no lid and i got the problem down to just a sputtering when i reved it high. SO i got the WHite Bros rev kit and guess what? It took care of my problem and my ex ran great. I would say it is a cool little add-on and anything that can help the ex get a little more can help.