PDA

View Full Version : Kill switch gone bad?

mx440#55
05-01-2003, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know if its possible for a ProDesign kill switch to go bad? It was working fine always, then just the other day I went out and started the bike....pulled the cord and it didn't shut off, had to use the key. Doesn't appear to be any broken wires.

Any ideas? Thanks!

KY Woods Rider
05-01-2003, 08:58 PM
You said that the wires looked fine, but did you check to make sure the wires were making good contact where they're attached to the the quad? The most common problem is loose and/or corroded wires, so check the connections first.

If the wires are making good contact, then I'd say the switch is the problem. The Pro Design kill switches can have a variety of problems (as can most things). While I've never had any problems with my Pro Design kill switches, I have seen several that stopped working when they were needed most (a good reason to check it from time to time, instead of waiting till you fall off). I've also heard of people getting brand new kill switches that were goofed up right out of the box, but I haven't personally seen a new kill switch that was bad.

AtvMxRider
05-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Time for a new one. I've heard of them doing that before.

Braff1
06-30-2003, 12:47 AM
mine was messing up so I decided to take it apart. if you look closely I think on the right side you will see a small hole. At the end of the hole is a allen head. remove the allen bolt and the kill switch will seperate. Mine had corrosion from mud and water that had gotten in there. Since then works like new. i hope this is not too late.

Dan