PDA

View Full Version : Parsons WV xc race

MotoXC33
05-01-2003, 05:17 PM
I just got in this week from work. I was in Utica, NY. I got my ex out tonight to get a lil practice for the xc race in Parsons, WV and heard something clickin. I stood it up and went over it. I'm missing all my axle bearings on the sprocket side. I tore it all down tonight and I'm hoping that Morgantown Honda has all that in stock. If not I'll be in search all day long. Can't just jb something like that?
So anyone racin parsons? I raced it last year on my sport 400. I had a lil trouble. the hill climb right after the start. I choose the steepest line there was one lap to make the pass. I came off it backwards then it rolled to the bottom and took out a guys trash box. But other that rollin and stuff. I had a blast.

JEFF8400EX
05-02-2003, 02:23 AM
were is parsons?????

12gofast
05-02-2003, 04:34 AM
I may be able to help you out. I will be at Parsons and I have a stock bearing carrier with good bearings if you think you can get it changed out in time. I am near Martinsburg, WV and wont arrive until 9:30-10am.
Let me know

12gofast
05-02-2003, 04:34 AM
Parsons is near Elkins----Canaan Valley

MotoXC33
05-03-2003, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the offer man. I picked up some bearings from Morgantown Honda and got em in last night. I appreciate it though.
It was slick out there today. I have xct's that are like half worn and they didn't hook up for nothing. The whole race I thought I had a flat tire or something. It spun the whole way around almost. I rolled it over top me again, this time I had my fingers between the brake lever and the grip and it bent them back, I grabbed my rear tire to keep it from flippin anymore. It didn't hurt anything on the bike. I felt decent after the first lap. But I ended up placing 7 out of 21 in my class. I know I'm getting new tires soon :)