PDA

View Full Version : Best pipe for Banshee?

redrider420
05-01-2003, 03:41 PM
I'm thinkin bout gettin a banshee from a dealer near me. I read in magazines and hear people say that it doesn't have very much bottom end power. If I got it I would ride mostly in woods and on dirts roads. What would be the best pipe and other modifications to make it have better bottom end power? Also the dealer has a 416EX that has $11,000 invested in the motor, has triple rate shocks, and has Razr tires I think. It's completely set up for motocross. They want 4200 for it. Do you all think that's a good deal?

dragger3
05-01-2003, 03:51 PM
Dude if you believe that there is 11,000 invested into a 416 than you need to have ur head examined. There is no such thing as a 416 ex motor that has 11,000 in it

CHAUNCY
05-01-2003, 06:51 PM
All pipes for banshees add power in different places. Some are for top, mid or bottom end. Its true that banshee's dont have bottom end like a 400ex but then once you get on the power band the banshee will take off. A good set of pipes can add 10 to 15 hp.

redrider420
05-02-2003, 09:02 AM
I'm not the one that needs my head checked. I'm just goin by what the guy told me. He was naming off all the stuff he had done to it to this one guy. He named off a Sh*t load of stuff. I dont know too much bout motors so I don't know if he lied or not.

PDunes300ex
05-02-2003, 09:07 AM
I'm all for banshees...but all i do is ride in the dunes. Both my riding buddis have them so ive hopped on once or twice. They have a mean power curve and I think they are best set up for wide open spaces. For the woods why not consider a 400ex, z400, Raptor, or predator. Four strokes just seem to work better in woods situations. Banshees are fast though. The guys I ride with both have Toomey T5's. Toomeys mostly add power in the mid and upper RPM ranges though. Bashees have very little torque and more than enough on the top end. JMO...good luck deciding

lex luger
05-02-2003, 10:33 AM
i've got some LRD's for sale, tune them for low end, mid or top with the turn of some screws.....

i ride in the woods with mine and its fine, but i'll admit a 4stroke might be alittle better in the tighter areas

RuffRyder400ex
05-03-2003, 01:23 PM
toomeys

Glow Plug
05-03-2003, 01:32 PM
there is not possable way you could invest 11k into a motor with out having 3 or 4 back up motor that are the exact same :rolleyes:

if your doing mostly woods riding then check out a 400ex or z400

tt500blaster
05-04-2003, 03:23 AM
procircut makes a good set of pipes for the banshee plus reeds and boost bottle you will get some extra bottom end torq. but some time they over heat.if i was you , get a four stroke they work much better in the woods. had a banshee got a raptor, the raptor is much better in the woods

buckNbanshee
05-04-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by lex luger
i've got some LRD's for sale, tune them for low end, mid or top with the turn of some screws.....

i ride in the woods with mine and its fine, but i'll admit a 4stroke might be alittle better in the tighter areas

How much are you saleing them for?

rob-u/21
05-04-2003, 07:26 AM
I'm not sure who makes it but there is a two into one pipe which is suppose to give it more botom end.

lex luger
05-04-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by buckNbanshee
How much are you saleing them for?

250.00 with shipping, theres pictures of them in this bored i think

Chanman420q
05-04-2003, 02:50 PM
i think when he said 11 g's he ment on the entire quad... not just in the engine.

Also id suggest TR-6's for a sweet sound and awesome power.

Procircuit is good but i dont think they sound great:ermm:

And when you get ur engine Modded out, id suggest CPI inframes

hell just get Fattys!

Brad
05-04-2003, 03:29 PM
ive heard procircut is the best my friend has 2 banshees and his bro has one, one has procircut with psark arrestor one without then the third has fmf gold series he sais the procircuts put out more over all power

CHAUNCY
05-04-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
I'm not sure who makes it but there is a two into one pipe which is suppose to give it more botom end.

Are you talking about the two fronts comming together or the two silencers comming together ? If you mean the silencers comming together DMC makes some like that.

own2424
05-05-2003, 08:01 AM
If it was me, I would definitely buy Toomeys! If not TOomeys, then I also like the FMF SST and CPI Inframes...:blah

AndrewRRR
05-05-2003, 09:37 AM
I think the company's name that makes the 2 into 1 pipe is Dynoport. Don't get Toomey or CPI if you want bottom end. Honestly if you ride a lot of trails i'd stay away from a Banshee. A 250r is pretty killer in the woods and still has a lot of top end for screaming when you get into the openings. If you want a new quad get a Predator or a (I can't belive i'm gonna suggest this...) Raptor. You won't find many 2 strokes with a ton of bottom end like 4 strokes have.

cheetah
05-05-2003, 12:16 PM
I don't see why everyone knocks banshees on the trails. It takes a little practice, but learn to ride one and use it's power and they are great trail machines. My cousing has Toomey T5s on his and he rides nothing but trails with me and he can go about anywhere I can. A 4 stroke might be easier out of the box, but if you ride it enough, you'll learn how to ride a banshee in the woods as good as anything else.

Dune Surfer
05-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Toomey t5 all the way. My friends at Glamis have them and those banshee's fly!!!

Chef
05-05-2003, 01:39 PM
Did you guys forget that he said he wants to ride woods?

You do NOT want CPI in frames, or T5's, or T6's in the woods. They will do nothing for you on the bottom end. The dyno-port two into ones are nice woods pipes. Definitely get some reeds and a cool head, the added compression will help the bottom end.

rob-u/21
05-05-2003, 01:57 PM
I ment the one's made by dynoport. They are the ones that come together in the front. Ive heard those produce good bottom end. One of the top cross country guys who use race a banshee a few years ago used those pipes.

AndrewRRR
05-05-2003, 05:08 PM
I ment the one's made by dynoport. They are the ones that come together in the front. Ive heard those produce good bottom end. One of the top cross country guys who use race a banshee a few years ago used those pipes.

Yeah, there is a reason only a few people ride CC on a banshee. They are cool bikes, don't get me wrong, but if I was gonna ride mostly trails i'd get something else. Sure, you can ride anything in the woods but some are just better at it than others.

CHAUNCY
05-05-2003, 05:12 PM

Ive heard of those and heard they are pretty good.

GOMER007
05-07-2003, 06:02 AM
Just take the pipes off ithen you'd get power

Dustin178
05-07-2003, 09:14 AM
hey if i were u and yer gonna do mainly woods ridden i would get the ex but if u want the banshee and get pipes for it i would get toomey they have awsome power from wat i here but then i heard good bout pro circuit to but a buddy of mine has some fmf`s on his and he does alot of woods ridden he said they work good but no matter wat u got if its a 2 stroke its gonna kick in in the mid rpm`s but as long as u keep it in the power band there is no problem at all banshee`s arnt as bad as ppl think there power band kicks in quicker then wat yer thinkin there ok for woods there even more fun in feilds:D but he has no problem with his u get the right tires and u can power yer way around like it was nothin but personally i would get the EX

DMCBanshee
05-12-2003, 03:09 AM
I had DMC ,DG ,FMF and now i have CPI inframe and the best it CPI!!!