PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help!!!!!

660LE
05-01-2003, 01:30 PM
I Just got my raptor last friday, an the i think the clutch is gone already?? but im not sure. i was out last nite riding some rough trails, using the clutch alot, an by the time the nite was done, my clutch was gone down teh crapper. i had to revved the hell outta the bike jsut to get it to move, an tonite i tried doin the adjustments on the clutch cable an handle to get some freeplay in it. an no matter what i did it was still tight as hell an the bike wont even move now, , an after last nite i was goin on some road and i could get absolutly no speed at all , like it was pathetic, please give me some ideas on what to do?!@?!?!?1

AtvMxRider
05-01-2003, 01:36 PM
Get a new clutch.

660LE
05-01-2003, 01:39 PM
and it also had a reallll funny burnign smell to it to

Tweeked
05-01-2003, 01:41 PM
Yeah man,
Sounds like you fried your clutch.

honda400exrider
05-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Time for a Honda or Cannondale! :blah

660LE
05-01-2003, 01:54 PM
thats awsome,, gutta love that an it hasnt even been week on the bike, . ok say i do need a new clutch, whats a good setup to get, mid priced, an better quality..

400grl
05-01-2003, 02:37 PM
I have a Dirt Digger clutch/hinson basket set-up on my 400.....I like that set up. The clutch pull is harder due to the heavier springs, but I race with it and I'm probably not the easiest on my clutch - so far so good!

You might want to find out the reason for frying your clutch so quick - it shouldn't have done that. You should be able to keep that stock clutch in good shape for way longer than that.....

F-16Guy
05-01-2003, 04:09 PM
If you don't have any slack in the cable, you're turning the adjuster the wrong way. There's also an adjuster down by the engine, use it if the one on the perch is all the way in. If your clutch were fried, you would have all sorts of play in the lever and it would slip like you're saying. Buy a manual if you don't already have one. BTW, don't ride it any more until you get some slack in the lever. About a nickel's thickness between the perch and the lever when you pull it in just enough to take the slack out of the cable.