PDA

View Full Version : Opinions....site intro

p@iNn3ck
05-01-2003, 11:03 AM
Just looking for some constructive criticism..... was messing with making an intro for my website. Opinions?

site intro (http://www.toxonics.com/temp/exmafia.html)

own2424
05-01-2003, 11:09 AM
Oh yea, thats definitly HOTT!!!

02exchic
05-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Nice! :devil

TRX250X
05-01-2003, 11:28 AM
SWEET!!!!

Glow Plug
05-01-2003, 11:31 AM
SWEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!! i guess you do have to much time on your hands lol

Brad
05-01-2003, 11:39 AM
maybe m0re real quads racing like in the beggining you could get a video offline for people doing stunts and show it but its an awesome vid by itself

05-01-2003, 11:50 AM
that was awesome. but i wouldnt want to sit thro that eveyrtime i came on.. unless they had a little skip intro thing

sweet300ex
05-01-2003, 12:14 PM
that got my vote!

CHAUNCY
05-01-2003, 12:20 PM
:eek:

batgeek
05-01-2003, 12:40 PM
nice! i'm diggin on it :)

sly400ex
05-01-2003, 02:04 PM
Very Nice!!!!:D

jay's 300
05-01-2003, 02:14 PM
That's pretty sweet! The only thing I can think of would be some real quads like someone mentioned be4! Other than that I like!

05-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Looking good, seems cool, wish i could get into and do something that good :o . Later

bluebaron
05-01-2003, 02:36 PM
nice:D i liked how the letters flashed one by one, that has sick

Live2Ride300
05-01-2003, 02:40 PM
Thats Sweet!!!

crazybuffalo
05-01-2003, 02:50 PM
sweetjob man

p@iNn3ck
05-02-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Brad
maybe m0re real quads racing like in the beggining you could get a video offline for people doing stunts and show it but its an awesome vid by itself

Yeah, I thought about having some real pics in it, but was tryin to keep the file size down...... maybe Ill cut the Godfather song out and add some pics today.

Thanks for the good votes all.

Glow Plug
05-02-2003, 02:37 AM
oh yeah i think that the godfather part is a bit drawn out jmo

cudaman
05-02-2003, 07:03 AM
im not trying to be mean or anything. but i dont really like it. i think it oculd be a lot better. there was a couple cool parts like the ex's falling sort of like the matrix. and the beginning with teh red flashin that was aight too. but everything else wasnt that great. and im not just some lil kid that has no experience. i have been around comps for quite a while and i do webpages and such. some graphic design but only when i need it. but i do have other experience. i also think it would be a lot better with some real racing vids and pics. it would make it more professional. dont worry about file size so much dont get crazy but make sure its about quality. if you have a skip intro then you wont be bothering the 56kers. this is just my opinion. also if this was your first intro made then its a decent job.

Doibugu2
05-02-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by cudaman
im not trying to be mean or anything. but i dont really like it. i think it oculd be a lot better. there was a couple cool parts like the ex's falling sort of like the matrix. and the beginning with teh red flashin that was aight too. but everything else wasnt that great. and im not just some lil kid that has no experience. i have been around comps for quite a while and i do webpages and such. some graphic design but only when i need it. but i do have other experience. i also think it would be a lot better with some real racing vids and pics. it would make it more professional. dont worry about file size so much dont get crazy but make sure its about quality. if you have a skip intro then you wont be bothering the 56kers. this is just my opinion. also if this was your first intro made then its a decent job.

Why is it that everyone has to diss other people's work? Let seem some pages that you have done? Since you seem so good, have you won awards to back up your professional opinion?

Pick, I think its cool. I think a flash of a real quad to two would be cool. Also, some exhaust sounds are usually cool. Just some more ideas is all.

cudaman
05-02-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Why is it that everyone has to diss other people's work? Let seem some pages that you have done? Since you seem so good, have you won awards to back up your professional opinion?

Pick, I think its cool. I think a flash of a real quad to two would be cool. Also, some exhaust sounds are usually cool. Just some more ideas is all.

wow dont get crazy. i never bag on peoples work and im not a professional. i was just judging it compared to other intros that i have seen. this wasnt ment as a flame. it was just an opinion, and i just hoped that he could learn something from it to better his intro. also, i wasnt trying to say i am pro, i just stated my situation so he would know that i wasnt just some punk 13 year old. calm down. i wasnt trying to be mean

p@iNn3ck
05-02-2003, 10:07 AM
I see I didn't get to respond early enough....:ermm:

cudaman - No offense taken man.... I totally expected some people not to like it.... there's a ton of cool sh1t out there. It's only the 3rd intro I've done (and the only one I'd post for opinions), the others are pretty basic. It's all for fun (and too much free time at work).

Doibugu2 - thanks for stickin up (and the idea input).... but wait till someone says "That @#$% thing @#$## $uck$,".... then you can tun loose on em..;)

Thanks again everyone for the ideas and input, keep it comin. Should get some time next week to update it.... gotta find some good pics or vids to put in (don't want to just take pics from other sites, but doubt my 4 foot jumps are gonna impress anyone.):blah

oh yeah, since 2 people have mentioned it, there would be a "skip intro" button on it for the website, but right now its just an intro to nothing.....so.... ya can't skip it.:D

Doibugu2
05-02-2003, 10:32 AM
Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Just get tired of seeing people get ridiculed for trying things. Failure usually leads to success.

But as soon as someone leads off with, I don't like it, it doesn't matter what you say after it, thats what people get stuck in there head. If you don't like it either don't respond or just give some constructive criticism.

JHF219
05-02-2003, 10:44 AM
Hey for some ideas check this one out http://www.zacwillett.com/ this is a friend of mines site i really like his intro !! but i would slow it down a little his goes really quick !! but it still kicks arse !! i got a question !! what program are you all using to build these ?!?!

Thanks,

TwIzTeD!

p@iNn3ck
05-02-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by JHForman250R
Hey for some ideas check this one out http://www.zacwillett.com/ this is a friend of mines site i really like his intro !! but i would slow it down a little his goes really quick !! but it still kicks arse !! i got a question !! what program are you all using to build these ?!?!

Thanks,

TwIzTeD!

His intro is pretty awesome (a little fast like you said). Really like the transition effects. My only problem is I don't have any cool pics of me.....yet! Tell him his site isn't really working though.... I'd like to see more pics of his quad. BTW, I used Flash MX for mine.

JHF219
05-02-2003, 07:23 PM
what is flash MX? i know what flash is but is that something new or what? where can i get it ?? lemme knwo what you would like to know about his quad i know the mechanics of it pretty well yeah i saw the site was down give him about 2 days and it will be up and running !! He is the 250A national TT champion but ask away and i will try to answer if i cant answer i will call and ask him

Thanks
TwIzTeD

p@iNn3ck
05-03-2003, 03:18 AM
MX is just what Macromedia calls the new version (6). I got my from a friend (education discount), but I'm sure you can find it on the net or file shares.

I'll check back on his site in a couple days. Just wanted to see some other pics.....a little slower.:D Does he race for Nacs?

JHF219
05-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Yes,

Nacs is his primary sponsor !

QuadTrix6
05-04-2003, 11:47 AM
looks good man !!