PDA

View Full Version : I would like you opinions on a another color sheme......

QuadJunkies
05-01-2003, 05:03 AM
Well, Im going to get my plastics for the 400ex this week and Im really stuck on a color scheme.. It s a little harder to pick cause Im using the silver maier and doing a race cut... I was thinking on for my custom graphics, going with a flame job this time possibly,maybe doing red flames(almost a metalic red to have the same tones as the plastic if that makes sense):o with a touch of silver edging throughout th tip of the flames, maybe throw in a a little blue/purple fade in the tips(will also have metalic look )???? OR ............... I kinda like the idea going with something Ive not seen yet and go with orange and black on the silver plastics, and of course a custom seat to match.So, give me your thoughts and imput and make any suggestions please!!!:D

QuadJunkies
05-01-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Well, Im going to get my plastics for the 400ex this week and Im really stuck on a color scheme.. It s a little harder to pick cause Im using the silver maier and doing a race cut... I was thinking on for my custom graphics, going with a flame job this time possibly,maybe doing red flames(almost a metalic red to have the same tones as the plastic if that makes sense):o with a touch of silver edging throughout th tip of the flames, maybe throw in a a little blue/purple fade in the tips(will also have metalic look )???? OR ............... I kinda like the idea going with something Ive not seen yet and go with orange and black on the silver plastics, and of course a custom seat to match.So, give me your thoughts and imput and make any suggestions please!!!:D :o :huh sorry mods. the more I look at this the more Ithink I should have put this in the body section...:( feel free to move it if you like....sorry..;)

Tommy 17
05-01-2003, 05:25 AM
i think silver plastic with orange on the graphics would be bad arse... then u gotta send ur frame out to pappy eventually and get a BRIGHT FLO ORANGE frame done with like metallic silver a-arms and stuff... bad arse ride i think...

QuadJunkies
05-01-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i think silver plastic with orange on the graphics would be bad arse... then u gotta send ur frame out to pappy eventually and get a BRIGHT FLO ORANGE frame done with like metallic silver a-arms and stuff... bad arse ride i think... hmmmm...... some black bead locks to go with that for fall racing ???:blah ohhhh.......... I feel like spending some money this week!:blah

QuadJunkies
05-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Was my ideas that bad??:huh :o any suggestions from any one else? I want to get on this probably the middle of next week...;)

Rip_Tear
05-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Heres what I think QJ :D The orange black would look cool on the silver! Go that way QJ sounds good!

seven
05-01-2003, 01:54 PM
I think you should go with a hot pink frame and lime green plastic.;)

killed300ex
05-01-2003, 02:17 PM
i think that silver plastics with a red into orange flame would be sweet start the flmaes right on the from and go all the way back and have some on the back fendars as well one thing iv seen with flames is that there is a median you have to hit to make it look good to few flames it looks crappy and to many and it looks to crowded and bad but thats jmho.
Killed

QuadJunkies
05-01-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by seven
I think you should go with a hot pink frame and lime green plastic.;) You think ???smart pants LOL!!!!!:p JK..... pink is not my color...;) Killed300ex, your right and one thing I learned when having them made for my Daughters mini, dont make them too pointy at the tips or they wont last but a few rides because there isnt much vinyl to work with.....I think I might stick with the orange black scheme because I dont know of any others out there yet with them,maybe once I get to talking to the graphics guy I may change the pattern a little too....;)

dirtmomma
05-05-2003, 03:25 AM
YEP I think they both sound good, man i think you should design mine I guess I'm just not that creative!!! I seen the gray Maier at the races this weekend & it was sweet, I really liked it so ya just never know, I was wanting to get my frame pc'ed pink w/ white plastic, white seat cover & have my girlfriend embroider on it my name & a design in pink!!!! Then I saw the gray plastic in person:eek: Also saw Chefs black 400 but that looks high maintance!!!! I also seen you have some rear tires for sale are they on rims??? If so I'm interested I need spare rims for my flattrack tires!!!!

QuadJunkies
05-05-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
YEP I think they both sound good, man i think you should design mine I guess I'm just not that creative!!! I seen the gray Maier at the races this weekend & it was sweet, I really liked it so ya just never know, I was wanting to get my frame pc'ed pink w/ white plastic, white seat cover & have my girlfriend embroider on it my name & a design in pink!!!! Then I saw the gray plastic in person:eek: Also saw Chefs black 400 but that looks high maintance!!!! I also seen you have some rear tires for sale are they on rims??? If so I'm interested I need spare rims for my flattrack tires!!!! DirtMomma,my tires dont have any rims, we usedthem for extra set of tires I have.;) Did you get to meet Chef at the races this wk end? I heard you had some pics of the races. Ill have to go and check them out!!!I have heard that black is hard to keep lookin clean,but I love the look of them:cool: . Im ordering my custom seat cover today.I thought it might be easier to match up my graphics this way.....