PDA

View Full Version : OCCRA Race Report

OCCRA288
05-01-2003, 05:02 AM
My first race of the season was March 16th. I pulled the holeshot and held the lead for a lap and a half around the 7 mile track. I whacked a few trees in the heat of the moment about halfway through my third lap and bent a tie-rod into my shock springs. This caused me to DNF because I couldn’t turn the wheels at all. I still got 6th place points for completing at least 1 lap.

My second race, March 30th, was slightly better for my equipment but not for my points. On the first lap I stopped to help another racer in my class who had a nasty “get-off”. I stayed with him for about 15 minutes until help came. After help arrived, I went back to reeling in the rest of my class. I had to contend with 4 different classes to get a good finish overall and in the pro class. After another hour of holding my throttle wide open, I pull in to the checkpoint to find that I finished 8th place but my lap times were nearly identical to second place overall.

My third race, April 13th, was completely awesome. I once again pulled the holeshot and held the lead until we entered the woods. I fell back to 5th place and set my sights on 4th. I reeled him in and let him drown his bike out at a creek crossing. I was hunting for third place when I pulled into the checkpoint and found that third place was making a pit stop. I put the hammer down and quickly found second place, the racer waved me by because he was tired. I finished within 4 seconds of 1st place. I took home $100 and 2nd place points.

My fourth race of the season, April 27th, went great as well. I pulled holeshot again (I think it’s the plastic). I lost the lead on a long sandy straight to a guy on a
Predator. Then I lost 2nd place to a Raptor on another straight. 3rd place was lost to another 400ex. I settled into 4th place and rode the entire race unthreatened. The racer riding the Predator ended up stuck in some trees and allowed us all to get by. I held 3rd place without him ever coming close again. I finished 3rd over all and 3rd in Pro, taking home $80 in prize money.

05-01-2003, 05:15 AM
Sounds like ur not a bad rider, LOL:devil Good job

OCCRA288
05-01-2003, 10:52 AM
THX,

It was just a copy and paste of my race result letter to Maier MFG. They like to hear from the support riders throughout the season. Hopefully I can get some good action shots by June 1.