PDA

View Full Version : Gettin some new arms!!!!

dirtmomma
05-01-2003, 04:54 AM
OK well I'm getting new A arms for my 300, I posted some pics of it & everyone had a fit cuz I run front spacers w/ my wheels inverted sooooooo my welder decided to extend the A arms for me so I can run w/ my wheels stock. He's adding 3" to each side & it is going to be SWWEEETTTT!!!!! We started on it yesterday, today he is going to make the upper ones, he got the 3" added yesterday. Once he gets the 300 done he's going to do my sons Blaster so that'll be nice. I'll post pics once they are done.

honda400exrider
05-01-2003, 04:57 AM
Lets hope hes a good welder so you don't have future problems.:rolleyes: That is definitely a way to prevent a drain of the pockets...:devil Tell us how they hold up!

dirtmomma
05-01-2003, 05:08 AM
Oh he is definetly he used to build sand rails down in AZ & has done about 6 sets of arms for some racers down there & they haven't had problems, to tell you the truth they'll probably be better than factory!!!!! He also fixed the a arms on my sons TRX90 after he had a bout w/ a tree & it's stronger than stock!!! Anyway I'll let ya know how they hold up.

honda400exrider
05-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Post some pics once he's done.

muff
05-01-2003, 12:02 PM
sounds like he's a good welder, i would still be kinda skerd but to each his own

let us know how it comes out and what it costed

dirtmomma
05-03-2003, 04:29 AM
ok well here we go......here's the new arms we finished them up last night about 11pm we also put some new lowering brackets on front shock mounts & a rear kit on the back. As for price thats top secret (hehe) but he is going to charge about $300 for a set. I'm his spokesperson for them so he didnt charge me hardly anything($50) SSSHHHHHHH don't tell anyone!! I think it'll be well worth $300 for someone to have this done cuz if you look closely they are WAY stronger than factory, check out the tie rods:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: So I hope you like them, right now it's all set up for my flat track race this weekend & thats where I'm getting ready to head off to soooo enjoy!!!!!

dirtmomma
05-03-2003, 04:31 AM
Another..........this is a crappy pic but you can see them

lil400exman
05-03-2003, 04:36 AM
u should buy my 250r a-arms and shocks i am sellin miss........................that would be better than that...................i dont think i would trust my life with those things...................:confused2 :ermm: :(

lil400exman
05-03-2003, 04:47 AM
btw your shocks will not hold up to that angle there at! You need some works shocks or something cause the new angle and lentgh they go out really put stress on the shocks you see.................think of it like this: You on a teeter-totter and you get way out to push something down its alot easier to push out than closer in. That is what your doing with these a-arms! Get some shocks that are valved for this!:eek2: :ermm:

dirtmomma
05-03-2003, 04:50 AM
one more

dirtmomma
05-03-2003, 04:55 AM
Well I knew someone would knock them:confused: the guy that built these KNOWS what he's doing, he's built MANY of these for MX quads & yes they do have the nice shocks but some of us can't afford that!!!! Why would I want to buy your R arms anyway these are way stronger than factory but you guys think what ya want & like I've said before I don't do alot of jumping I mainly flat track it!! Now if any of you want to startup a tire & shock fund Iam gladly accepting donations as of now!!!!!!:eek: :)

DEAL
05-03-2003, 05:19 AM
Looks good, What did u do for tie rods?

300EXrider02
05-03-2003, 05:21 AM
:eek2: :huh
looks really wide! good for tt

dirtmomma
05-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by FreeStylexrider
Looks good, What did u do for tie rods?

We cut the stockers & then put a piece of steel tubing in between almost the length of the whole thing now they are HEAVY duty!! Thanks I'm glad you guys like

Glamis400ex
05-03-2003, 07:15 AM
Dude,

No one is knocking the fact that you got someone to fab you some new a arms for cheap.

Lil400exman pointed out a key fact in that your stock shocks, mounted at that angle, will not hold up to a lot of hard riding. I'm afraid I agree 100%.

Find out for yourself and let us know...

Glamis

Glow Plug
05-03-2003, 09:36 AM
YOU NEED NEW SHOCKS FAASSSTTTT!!!!!

but anyway looks pretty good but new shocks for sure if you plan of doing trail riding ever again :eek:

dirtmomma
05-04-2003, 02:32 PM
I don't run them like that for trail riding only for FLAT TRACK!!!!!!!! AND I'M NOT A DUDE:o Yep I guess I Will find out for myself & I WILL be sure to let you know:rolleyes: ;)

Chef
05-04-2003, 02:40 PM
Hey, did you go to Oakwood today for the flat track?

dirtmomma
05-04-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Hey, did you go to Oakwood today for the flat track?

yeah were you there???? I got 2nd in my heat & 4th in main. did ya go to Rainier last night??? It got rained out but the kid got some laps in & was cruisin on the blaster looking good out there too bad they rained out:(

Chef
05-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Yea, I think I was followin your son on the Blaster in the one practice session last night...wwwayyy too slick at Rainier.

I was out there today too. Took first in the Open 4 Stroke in a last corner pass on Danielle. Like 5th in Open Quad cause I spun out and went through the infield..:p

I was riding the Black #52 400EX. Didn't run the 250R..

dirtmomma
05-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Right on yeah we seen ya, I couldn't remember your # but I did watch the black 400 cuz I thought it looked goooooood!!!!! Yeah we seen ya go into the infield also, I HATE when that happens!!! Well now I know who you are so I'll stop & say HI next time! You going to the benefit scramble for Joe next weekend?? We'll be there, so stop & say Hi if ya want.

Chef
05-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Nope, I am going to be at Castle Rock all weekend this weekend. Practice on Friday night, Races on Saturday. What happened to him, anyway? I never got to find out.

dirtmomma
05-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Well as far as I know he was practicing for the scrambles & got into a bad wipe out ended up in a coma & all kinds of bad stuff he's recovering pretty good now I guess so thats cool!! OHHHHH I want to try out the Castle Rock track, we've never been there but my brothers say it's cool, we dont' have AMA cards either one of these days we'll break down & get one

WildCatRacer
05-05-2003, 02:51 AM
nice job on the arms. I did a set of 250x arm....yours tund out a little better. I like how you can move the bottom shock mounts for trail riding and I dont think a flat track race would put to much stress on them. I sure they are plenty strong. the one I made I know wont ever break, but they are heavy. I rather add a little weight and be wide though. I dont think I would pay $300 for them, maybe $100-$150, but they are nice looking.

dirtmomma
05-05-2003, 02:58 AM
yeah cool, the $300 isn't bad, heck he makes totally new upper arms, & as you can see he plated in the bottom ones. But I don't know we were just trying to get a feel for what people think of them. Aren't new ones like big time spendy?? Anyway thanks for the compliments!!:)