PDA

View Full Version : Least Exspencive::Most Power??

Tweeked
05-01-2003, 02:42 AM
hey guys,
I started looking around and pricing the big bore kits for the 300ex--But decided I didn't want to get into spending a whole lot or having to resleeve. I saw that Powroll carried a bunch of engine hop-ups to increase the power for an inexspencive price.

So I have several questions about a few hop-ups..

First off--297cc BORE KIT--76mm Forged Piston, 13:1 - 10.5:1 Compression. Does this kit add much hp, if so how much?

Secondly--Hardweld CAMSHAFT--Good drop-in grind for stock or mildly modified engines. .304" intake and exhaust lift. What area of the engine would this help in and how much of a power increase would it give?

Thirdly--HIGH PERFORMANCE VALVE SPRINGS with Titanium Retainers--They say its designed for use with their Billet Camshaft. Is it ok to run them with the Hardweld Camshaft, and will these increase the power by much?

If I went with the 3 listed above mods, would it be a good investment, and how much of a power increase would I gain?

Any help would be great--

PS. If any of you guys know of other companys that you believe have similar hop-ups that give you better power or a cheaper price, let me know.

Thanks

Tweeked
05-01-2003, 06:55 AM
Anyone have an idea on if its a good setup and if it will produce allot of power?