PDA

View Full Version : Washougal

Natertot426ex
05-01-2003, 02:41 AM
So is anyone going to the WORCS in Washoughal on May 17-18th? Any body riden on the course? I heard it is pretty awesome. and the pics look cool too that I have seen.

AndreS
05-01-2003, 09:46 AM
i plan to go watch, i'm in no shape to race it, and my quad isn't going to broke in yet. i've heard it's a sweet track & i've seen some pics, but i've never been there or ridden it.... there's only two times a year that quads officially race on it (that i know of)... jan 1st for the hangover hare scrambles and at the WORCS race.

racerx573
05-01-2003, 12:15 PM
I want to ride that track sooooooooo bad, it looks so freakin sweeet!!

AndreS
05-01-2003, 09:15 PM
well now you know when you can ride it... make plans & go

LapTraffic
05-02-2003, 02:36 AM
I'll be there, vet class. My buddy is going to try to bikes on saturday then race on a utility on Sunday.

We've got 3 cannondales going down so far. Should be a blast

Natertot426ex
05-02-2003, 02:49 AM
I am excited to go. This will be my 3rd Race of the Worcs and I am doing not to bad in points. I got some new stuff for this one on the quad like a-arms and axle so I think I will do farely well. I race in the atv b class. I have some friends from Utah that are in the Vet Class 2 of them ride 250r's and the other a 400ex. The Other 2 races I went to were price and glen helen. both very fun. price was a mud pit though very crazy to ride in. Hopefully Washougal isn't too muddy.

dirtmomma
05-02-2003, 03:05 AM
Hoping to go to spectate!! Supposed to go to an auction for one of our sponsors but man didn't know thye were the same weekend!!!!!! I guess I'll just have to explain hehehe I'll keep my eyes open for any EXriders!!

LapTraffic
05-02-2003, 03:08 AM
wow, that is very cool that you've hit the other 2 races. I just started riding / racing, done 2 locals this year, one mx and one 44 mile hare scramble in the Tri cities.

We'll all be heading down on Friday Night, when are you getting in?

Really looking forward to the race, it looks like a very nice track.

Dirtmomma, how come you're not racing?

Natertot426ex
05-02-2003, 03:58 AM
My friends from Utah are coming to my house in Meridian ID and we will head up there on saturday morning. My number is 74Q yellow background black numbers. I drive a Silver Ford F-150 with a white enclosed trailer come on over and see us if you want.

LapTraffic
05-02-2003, 04:16 AM
Definitely

Im 609q red back ground white numbers cannondale. Ill be driving a turquoise and white ford f-250

My name's Joe, dont Call me LapTraffic at the race, my wife makes fun of me when that happens :)

Natertot426ex
05-02-2003, 04:19 AM
Here is my trailer you should see it there. My name is Nate.

Hoodeye3
05-02-2003, 08:43 AM
That Price race was a real treat (mudbog from hell) I forgot your # so I didnt catch you there Nater, How did you do ?

Natertot426ex
05-02-2003, 08:50 AM
Tell me about it. I probably had close to 150-200 lbs of mud on me and the Machine. There was one little dropoff barely 2 feet that when I would goo off it I would bottum my shocks out. I am in the B class and I took 6th. I took 35th overall out of 64. Are you going to be at washougal? I have a pic of me after the race. If I can I will get it scanned and post it this weekend.

Narly R
05-02-2003, 12:17 PM
OMG!!!! I need to race, but i dont know if I can get into like a point thing! How or where do you guys go? I finally got my bike together and its in a race mood! But I dont know if Ill be able to race at wousogal? How many people (quads) usually show up? What classes do they offer? whats the track like? Its mostly set up foe Dirt Bikes isnt it?

Hoodeye3
05-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Unfortunatley I wont be able to make the Washougal race I will be running a local race here on the same day, But I gurantee you will LOVE that track Ive never ran it but Ive watched a couple of national motocross races there in person, very nice! Maybe next year. Anyhow post some of your Price pics ( That was a great track)

JTRtrx250r
05-02-2003, 09:56 PM
That place is definitly b!tchin',puts ya in "aawwww",been there but never rode it ,anyone that has never been there b4 will not wanna leave,haha

Natertot426ex
05-03-2003, 04:02 AM
I will hopefully get some pics posted tomarrow. There are 4 quad classes, Pro, Vet-30+, ATV-B, and ATV-C. I run the B class. At the price race there were a total of about 60 quads so there are big turnouts. The website for the WORCS racing series is www.worcsracing.com . They have all the info there and they also have pictures from all the races.

dirtmomma
05-03-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by LapTraffic
wow, that is very cool that you've hit the other 2 races. I just started riding / racing, done 2 locals this year, one mx and one 44 mile hare scramble in the Tri cities.

We'll all be heading down on Friday Night, when are you getting in?

Really looking forward to the race, it looks like a very nice track.

Dirtmomma, how come you're not racing?

Well can you say out of shape LOL i don't think i'll be racing, but my son might, and ya just never know about me, i'm sure i'll bring my quad just in case.

QuadJunkies
05-03-2003, 07:22 PM
Best of luck to LapTraffic and Natertot426ex!!!!!! Be safe and let us know how you do.......:blah ;)

Natertot426ex
05-04-2003, 02:33 AM
Hey hood eye do you know the Hunt boys down there in Utah? Dean and Todd. They race down there too.

Hoodeye3
05-04-2003, 05:25 AM
Yeah, I know Sam & Todd them 2 are a pain in my a** pretty good for a couple of old timers! J.K. Them boys are the ones I constantly have to deal with for the top spot (good competition)

Natertot426ex
05-04-2003, 06:43 AM
Ya they are some pretty nice guys. We go down there quite offen to ride at Jericho with them. They are coming to the Washougal race with me. They are driving up friday and staying at my house then on Sat morning we are driving the rest of the way. Hey what is your name and I will tell them that I met you.

Narly R
05-04-2003, 09:17 AM
I want to see some pics of the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Hoodeye3
05-04-2003, 03:33 PM
My name is Jason Hood, Sam will remember me from the Delta race (rear ended me ) and Todd picked me off at Price on the last lap to take 3rd , I ran the last 3 laps on a rear flat (killed me)!Anyhow its kind of funny that they are the ones you are hooking up with, Todd was trying to talk me in to going up to Washougal after the race so if I would have accepted I just might be crashing at your house by the sounds of it. I will be seeing them at Cherry creek this weekend for a race down here so I will have to give them a hard time on and off the track:devil
Take care J.

Natertot426ex
05-06-2003, 06:54 AM
They are quite the competitive guys. GO up and punch them in the arm and say that's from Nate. Then I am sure that they will pay me back sometime.

AndreS
05-07-2003, 08:29 AM
i won't be making it to watch the race now... y'all have fun, & good luck to all those that are racing. let me know how it goes.

i just got word that my new quad will be in on monday or tuesday, which leaves me one weekend for break-in & testing(other than what i can do in the driveway) before memorial day weekend... trip to oregon dunes.

Natertot426ex
05-13-2003, 06:09 AM
Hey Hoodeye I was talking to todd last night and he said they wouldn't let you race, he told me what happened, That really sucks. I heard it was a bad one anyway. Both Sam and Todd are real banged up.

Hoodeye3
05-13-2003, 06:21 AM
Hey Nate,
Yes they put the screws to me on that one it was a very disorganized event. The folks that were supposed to take care of all the riders had their heads clean up there! Anyhow I will get after it at the next one (June 7th). Well you boys have fun at Washougal! Kick arse and be safe , Make sure you post results when you get back and some pics if you get any good ones.
Take care J.

Natertot426ex
05-20-2003, 03:38 AM
Well I am back from Washoughal With the results! I took 4th in my class out of 14 or 15 and 15th overall out of 66 quads. I was pretty excited. I will get some pics posted as soon as I can. Yet it was another muddy race but it was an awesome track. A lot of people getting stuck.

dirtmomma
05-20-2003, 03:41 AM
Hye Natertot do ya know how Katie did?? We didn't make it out there, went camping & woods riding instead, good thing I didn't race though, cuz I lost my sprocket bolts & sprocket on my ride luckily I wasn't flying or riding hard. Congrats on the finish!!!! Pretty muddy huh, Welcome to western WA LOL:)

Natertot426ex
05-20-2003, 03:44 AM
I am not sure how she did but she wan't riding her honda she was running a stock Z-400. I will find out in a couple days when they post the results.

dirtmomma
05-20-2003, 03:54 AM
Right on yeah I seen her Dad running that last weekend. She was saying something about racing it maybe thats her new ride:cool: Man I would love to have her 400EX!! LOL

LapTraffic
05-20-2003, 04:01 AM
WOW, that was a really muddy race!

I was more worn out from getting off the bike and hauling it around to another line to go around some poor ******* who got stuck than I was from racing.

I Raced Vet, I took 7th in class and 22nd overall (unofficial)

Katie finished 33rd I think.

In 56 minutes of racing a good 10 minutes was spent not moving. Waiting for a traffic jam to clear or hauling my bike, which had to weigh 500 pounds with all the mud on it, to a new line.

My wife shot video of the hole shot. Pro went, then in one minute intervals they sent vet, B, c, and Utility. On the c start there were 4-5 guys that could not get up the first table top out of the hole shot. They fought for several minutes before barely making it up. There was one guy on a utility without 4 wheel drive that, and I am not making this up, I lapped at the hole shot turn on my first lap. He took almost 30 minutes to get up to the top of the first table top. When he finally made it the crowd went crazy! He managed to complete a lap before the race ended.

I didnt count but there were quite a few DNF's out on the course.

Fun race, Im glad I was able to finish it. The cannondale worked flawlessly and took no damage from the race.

I need to get some mud gaurds on the bars. Grips and gloves were pretty packed with mud, made for some hairball riding. also, gonna ditch the glasses for racing. No matter how much anti fog I use they still haze over if I slow down which we had to do frequently in this race. I had to pull the goggles to get airflow over the glasses so they wouldnt fog. I either need tear offs for my glasses or leave em at the pits.

Ill change my handle to Mr. Magoo

QuadJunkies
05-20-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
I will hopefully get some pics posted tomarrow. There are 4 quad classes, Pro, Vet-30+, ATV-B, and ATV-C. I run the B class. At the price race there were a total of about 60 quads so there are big turnouts. The website for the WORCS racing series is www.worcsracing.com . They have all the info there and they also have pictures from all the races. Good job Nate and Laptraffic!!!Glad no one got hurt... Cant wait to see the pics.......:cool: Oh BTW, NAte I asked Troy about meeting you, and he thinks he does remember you from Weiser, now its buggin snot out of him not knowing for sure.Its going to drive him nuts until we meet up again:p

Natertot426ex
05-20-2003, 07:16 AM
So as it looks right now June 14th may be a good day for a ride. I have every other weekend jammed packed full of stuff to do. Maybe we can make plans for that weekend for a ride?

QuadJunkies
05-20-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
So as it looks right now June 14th may be a good day for a ride. I have every other weekend jammed packed full of stuff to do. Maybe we can make plans for that weekend for a ride? You wanna meet out at Weiser?Ill see if the Boss man will give it to me off, I sometimes work wk ends but he has been rotating me out, so its a good chance.:) Ill let Troy know.

JTRtrx250r
05-20-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Right on yeah I seen her Dad running that last weekend. She was saying something about racing it maybe thats her new ride:cool: Man I would love to have her 400EX!! LOL are you talking about Duncan?:huh

Natertot426ex
05-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Yes we are talking about Katie Duncan!

JTRtrx250r
05-20-2003, 10:43 AM
she is 1 fast girl!:eek2: You dont see many ladies that can ride mx like that haha,she smokes most guys I know,lol:D

LapTraffic
05-20-2003, 11:22 AM
I had the opportunity to ride with her at SIR last Wednesday. Nice gal and very fast :)

JTRtrx250r
05-20-2003, 03:15 PM
How was SIR's new track set-up?,I heard it was a bit "less" atv friendly but haven't been out there yet to see it for myself,sounded like its quite a bit different:macho

AndreS
05-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Pacific Raceways(SIR) is a little less quad frendly, but not bad(it could be much worse), overall it is very much improved over last year. i posted a thread (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57948) about it last week.

i went to watch the race (WORCS) and i may have met some of you there. good job to anybody that ran, that was one tough race.

LapTraffic
05-21-2003, 04:08 AM
I didnt run it last year so I dont know if it's more or less friendly. I was talking to Jeff McGahan and apparently they brought in 4000 yards of screened dirt and sand. It holds together very well.

The track is challenging but fast. The tight whoops are the only part I would call quad unfriendly. You have to slow down alot to go through them

Natertot426ex
05-21-2003, 04:16 AM
Ya those woops were crazy. It was hard to get a rythm going with them. Towards the end they were starting to get rounded off which mad them a little easier but crazy. Lenny Duncan told me a cool thing about going through woops. He said if your backend start bouncing around a lot tap the rear brakes and it straightens you right out. That is one thing I didn't know. I wouldn't mind running that track when it is dry. I think It would be pretty fun.