PDA

View Full Version : I Have Made A Decision!!

JHF219
04-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Ok here is the scoop i have secretly been testing both the YZ426 and the Honda CR450 (I couldnt get my hands on the YZ450) so i settled with the 426!! well my top pick is going to have to be the YZ426 this thing is unreal i have a couple of friends who allowed me to borrow thier bikes so i could make my decision !! I have determined that all you people whining about the 426 being hard to start need to stop !! That thing is cake to start !! i get it on the second kick everytime why not the first you ask? well the first kick is to get TDC then the second it fires up everytime !! dont get me wrong i had a blast on the honda but it didnt provide the NECK breaking snap that the Yamaha has to offer !! both of the bikes are great and both very capable of making great quad power plants but my money is going to the yamaha !! that DOHC motor revs to the moon and never quits pulling !! the honda pulled very well too !! just didnt provide the snap and thrill that i liked about the yamaha !!

Brad
04-30-2003, 02:05 PM
does this mean youll be transfering to bluetraxx?:confused:

j/p ride, ride, ride, no matter wat it is just ride

honda400exrider
04-30-2003, 02:08 PM
Does this mean you are putting it in a quad chasis?:confused: :confused: :confused: Either way sounds awesome to me though!:devil :p

CHAUNCY
04-30-2003, 02:08 PM
Sounds sweet. Hope you like your quad when you get done doing the conversion if thats what your gonna do:)

Striker49
04-30-2003, 02:09 PM
Be sure to get us some pix. :D

JHF219
04-30-2003, 02:09 PM
Nope no bluetraxx for me !! even if i was a complete yammy rida i would still be here this place is very friendly !! and the people are great ! how many other sites can say that they have Jon Arens on thier board? besides until i get some money im going to continue to ride my TRUSTY R !! I love my R and when i build a new quad the R is staying ! no matter what !! i dont think i could ever get rid of the R !!

Brad
04-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by JHForman250R
Nope no bluetraxx for me !! even if i was a complete yammy rida i would still be here this place is very friendly !! and the people are great ! how many other sites can say that they have Jon Arens on thier board? besides until i get some money im going to continue to ride my TRUSTY R !! I love my R and when i build a new quad the R is staying ! no matter what !! i dont think i could ever get rid of the R !!

awesome:D

JHF219
04-30-2003, 02:13 PM
YZ450 in a quad chassis is what im going to do there will be no conversions of any sort not that i have a problem with conversions its just that i would rather buy a chassis that will accept the motor right the first time no cutting no welding !! i have been discussing the idea with a great frame builder(same great person that built my R chassis) and he is saying that he is not going to build a yz426 chassis but there is not a lot to do to get the motor into his new CRF chassis so im looking into that route depending on how much hacking would have to be done ?!

Narly R
04-30-2003, 02:15 PM
Sounds fun1 Some day I would like to build either a yz, lor crf bike/quad! But will the yamaha still be the better of the two omnce put in a ATV frame? j/w cause maybe it will change the power a wee bit! But i dunno!:confused:

JHF219
04-30-2003, 02:23 PM
oh im sure it will change the power but i still think the yammy is going to be the snappier of the 2 even in the quad frame ? i wish i knew people who had both the CRF and YZF quad that would be the ultimate decision maker right there !! like i have said though either one will make a killer power plant just the yammy has more snap !! now if i win the lottery any time soon ill just build one of each :D:D :eek2:

Rip_Tear
04-30-2003, 02:29 PM
Cool, good luck with the conversion!