PDA

View Full Version : CLutch???

660LE
04-30-2003, 01:51 PM
I jsut got a 660 raptor and i was doin so hard trail riding an i dunt know what it is but my clutch ****** up , ill have it in first an have to rev the hell outta the bike to get it to move.. can i have some help please!!

04-30-2003, 02:28 PM
get yourself this kit...8 plate OEM kit....sparks racing springs...and hinson basket, inner hub and out pressure plate

KY Woods Rider
04-30-2003, 02:37 PM
There's a few things that it could be, so check the simple stuff first. Check the freeplay at clutch lever and make sure it isn't too tight. If the free play is within spec, then pull the lever a few times and see if anything feels funny (too hard to pull, too easy, notchy, gritty, etc). Since you said that you just got the quad, if it still has a warranty, then this is the point to stop and take it to the dealer before messing with it any further. If the warranty isn't still in effect, then the next step would be to pull the side cover and have a look at the springs and plates.

You said that you were doing some hard trail riding, so I just have to ask... Were you slipping the clutch a lot in the corners? The reason I ask is because if you slip the clutch a lot, big four stroke motors can eat clutch plates in a hurry.

660LE
04-30-2003, 02:47 PM
Its still under warranty, if i did burn the clutch out, would it have made a weird burning kinda smell?

jamiesel
05-05-2003, 07:40 AM
drain the tranny oil. If it smells bad, you burned it out more then likely.