PDA

View Full Version : all tracks or sur track

bigbadbrad
04-30-2003, 11:27 AM
well i need new tires soon and i am trying to decide between all tracks or sur tracks. I think the all tracks would be good enough for me, they almost look like they have more biting area then the sur tracks do. I ride trails, some mud when there is mud, and i ride in the snow in the winter sometimes. this is on my 300ex. if you have these tires post your opinon on them. the difference in the price is only like a dollar so the price does not mater. it seems like i would be better off with the all tracks on my sport quad since i dont use it for realy deep mud, i have my dads 4x4 for that.
if you have these tire post pictures of them and your opinuon on them , thank you

bigbadbrad
05-02-2003, 10:53 AM
bump
n e one?

kc 300EX
05-02-2003, 01:47 PM
I have the Sur Traks on my 300EX. Cant say anything but good things about them. They get traction in anything.
Ive gone through some DEEP mud with these and the tires will bite anything, the only thing that is going to stop you is getting hung up, but no tire is going to help you out much there.
I used these tires in some deep snow, also excellent there.
I like them because they are reversable for more floatation in sand and snow. I used them reversed for last falls Thunder in the Sand Beach race in Wild Wood NJ........It was a messy track, lots of people having trouble, I did pretty good finishing 5th and 6th in my motos. Thanks to my Sur Traks;)
They also wear very good, and arent that heavy, only 2/bias ply. Never had a flat on them(knock on wood)

Ive never heard anything bad about the All Traks, Im sure they would be a very good choice as well. Little less aggressive.

bigbadbrad
05-03-2003, 03:47 AM
thanks kc.
i was going to go with either of the two.
i was worring that the sur tracks might be a little to agresive.
what mods do you have done to your motor? just the pipe and k&n like what i have done also?

also do you have a pic with them on your 300ex?

trx400
05-28-2003, 10:20 AM
i had surtaks on my 400 and loved them. got great traction in all conditions. i swtiched to razrs for racing but i think i'm gonna go back to the surtaks

Juggalo
05-28-2003, 12:19 PM
i'd get the all tracs myself

JB's 400ex
05-29-2003, 05:26 AM
I had surtracks on my 250x and tried them on my 400ex. Like everyone else has said they got awesome track in mud. When reversed they worked great in snow and sand. The only complaint I had with them was that the very large lugs on the sides constantly kicked up large rocks and bent the lip in on my rims. Several times breaking the bead and causing flats. In one case it ruined the rim. I never got a puncture but had several flats due to bent rims. They weren't rolled rims and I think that would help. The only other drawback is they limit your sliding greatly compared to a more sport tire, but they get all the traction in the world. I would like to have an extra set for certain conditions.