PDA

View Full Version : Best aftermarket Head pipe?

Tweeked
04-30-2003, 05:48 AM
hey guys,
I hope to pick up a 300ex this weekend from a guy nearby. I plan on adding a WB Pro-Meg slip-on but also might go for a Head pipe as well. Who makes the best head pipes as far as power and cooling?

Thanks

UglyMotha™
04-30-2003, 05:57 AM
pro-meg is the full system

s-bend is a slip on

Tweeked
04-30-2003, 06:06 AM
So are you saying if I ordered the pro meg from RockmountainATV then the muffler and headpipe would all be included?
If thats true, thats a great price.

UglyMotha™
04-30-2003, 06:17 AM
i dunno unless they started making pro-meg version in a slip on also, orginally when i bought my e-series back they first came out you could only get the pro-meg in the full system the only differance between the meg and s-bend is the meg a reversed megaphone deal and the s-bend is just a consistend pipe all the way to the canister i guess times change so you would have to ask rocky mountain

Tweeked
04-30-2003, 06:33 AM
Yeah it looks to me that the 400ex is the only one that comes with a complete set--$420. For all the others its $250.

2k2-300exnj
04-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Tweeked
Yeah it looks to me that the 400ex is the only one that comes with a complete set--$420. For all the others its $250.
if sound isnt an issue get an engine builders pipe i was originally going to get a white bros too but then i realized everyone telling me the builders pipes were better and cheaper so i gave it a shot and i am very happy that i did...
i am also prety sure powroll sells an oversized header for the 300 i kno they used to for 90 i think it is 100 now... y dont u just get a white bros headpipe?

Tweeked
04-30-2003, 06:40 AM
I don't think sound is too much of an issue, cause my friend occasionaly comes over on his KX100 and the neighbors don't seem to matter. But how much of a sound difference are u talking about, and are the power gains better than a pro meg?

Who makes the engine builder pipe and for how much, is it a complete setup or do you still have to buy a head pipe?
If I got a head pipe i'd probly get an oversized cause they produce more power.

Thanks

2k2-300exnj
04-30-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Tweeked
I don't think sound is too much of an issue, cause my friend occasionaly comes over on his KX100 and the neighbors don't seem to matter. But how much of a sound difference are u talking about, and are the power gains better than a pro meg?

Who makes the engine builder pipe and for how much, is it a complete setup or do you still have to buy a head pipe?
If I got a head pipe i'd probly get an oversized cause they produce more power.

Thanks
engine builders pipes are hetrick, ct, tc, sparks, and so on i have a hetrick and love it and it is a full system it is also cheaper than some slip ons yosh for example

TheChknhwk
04-30-2003, 08:49 AM
Just remember if you are getting an oversized headpipe, you are going to lose bottom end unless your motor is built to the nuts.

EXDUNER127
04-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Not true i used to have an wb r4 then upgraded to the biggun full exhaust and i gained bottom end...dont buy a head pipe and silencer mseperate just get a full system! I dont have any motor work done.

OutlawEX
04-30-2003, 12:44 PM
I dont think anyone can say what is the best pipe..What ever pipe u get you will be able to tell a huge increase of power over stock.. Just my 2 cents;)

sweet300ex
04-30-2003, 01:45 PM
the pro meg and s bend are totally different, you cant but a pro meg full system, you have to buy the header seperate, all together for the pro meg is around 450