PDA

View Full Version : Racers for Research/Flat River Grand Prix

motoboy66
04-29-2003, 06:43 PM
Has anyone raced this event? I am going to do it this year and i just had a few questions. First what tips can you give for this particular event? What land do you ride on, i don't think you even go into the park at all? How many laps is, and how long? What do you do if you need fuel? This will be completely new for me so thats why I am asking. I have been to Flat River many times and am pretty comfortable on the rock ruted trails. I am going with the mind set of finnishing rather than being real competative. I know that there are guys on here that have been to this race, your help will be great. Also does anyone have info on times for sign-up? I didn't see any one the web site. Thanks guys and gals.

Todd

www.racers4research.com

tprender
05-01-2003, 01:17 PM
The course will be about 9-10 miles longs and it will be on the outside of the regular riding area. The start will be intown as it has been for the past few years. You will leave from the pit area after the riders meeting at 10:30 by your class.
By selling the raffle tickets that you can get from us at the website, this will pay for your entry for the race. If you bring in $40 or more you will get a grab bag with some goddies in it. The top 3 ATV riders who bring in the most money will be getting a free power coating from Racingquads.com. You will need to sell over $500 for that. I have sold over $100 on a Sat in from of Walmart before.
If you have any more question just ask. I am one of the promoters of that race.

motoboy66
05-01-2003, 05:51 PM
How do i get these raffle tickets? I looked on the web site and did not see anything about them. I would like to help out and sell some of these. Let me know what I need to do to get them. I work near downtown St. Louis, so i could pick them up if I need too. I had a few more questions. Should I plan on brining a tool kit on the trail? Most of the time when I go to Flat I take a tool kit and a few spare parts, tie rods, ect. Do you think this is needed? Also what are the different classes to race in. Get back to me about the raffle tickets, and I will see what I can do.

Thanks
Todd

tprender
05-04-2003, 03:10 AM
PM me with your address and will send the info to you in the mail.

markeg192
05-04-2003, 03:33 AM
Tpretender, Will they run 50s this year? If so what kind of course will it be?

Todd this is a fun race so just come and give it a try. You'll have lots of fun.

tprender
05-04-2003, 10:32 AM
I think that we are going to do the same classes for the little ones, but I also think that we are going to drop the TT125 bikes. they were to large to be with the little ones at the same time. I am going to change the poker run course to make abot a 4 mile easy course for bike bikes and quads and still run the same 5 miles as just a hard course.
Will get the info out some time this week.